• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A thread for those who found kairi annoying: do you think Xion will be any better?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I mean, I damn well hope so. From what i've seen in vids, and what i've heard in story, Xion will be very improtant and do something, but for all we know, it's just like the movies, the only parts someone does something in are in the commercials. Now I doubt Xion will be useless and annoying, but she's a part of Kairi(supposedly), and what if Nomura strongly bases her character on Kairi's, and she's just a plot tool like kairi was. Oh man, I hope not. I cannot stress how much I really think it won't be the case, but lets think of this as a "what if..."

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
Re: A thread for those who found kairi annoying: do you think Xion will be any better

I remember a thread like this somewhere, I just can't remember where or when. EIther way, I think that Xion will be a step up from Kairi, maybe not as big of a character leap as Namine, but I think that since Nojima is writing her that she'll be better than Kairi.

strugglechamp

Re: A thread for those who found kairi annoying: do you think Xion will be any better

I think Xion will be way better than Kairi. In the game footage I've seen online she looks like she's actually a useful ally. The only time we ever see Kairi do anything is in KHII when she has the keyblade for like 5 seconds and totally sucks in battle.

Radiant

Well... I don't think Xion will be the girl in danger that can't take care of her self, like Kairi. I mean she has a keyblade and she will be playable. So I doubt that she will be only a "plot tool".

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards

I know that Xion will be better than Kairi. I`m not just saying that because I hate Kairi. Xion would be better because she does more than just stand around waiting for someone to come save her like Kairi. Except for when Kairi fights with that keyblade in KH2.

Rix

:)
Awards

What I'm afraid of is if Xion will turn out to be some "Mary-Sue" character. I do really hope that she wont though and that she will be way different than Kairi. I'm pretty sure that Xion will have some plot importance though. At least for Days.

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com

I remember a thread like this somewhere, I just can't remember where or when. EIther way, I think that Xion will be a step up from Kairi, maybe not as big of a character leap as Namine, but I think that since Nojima is writing her that she'll be better than Kairi.

I'm pretty sure that Watanabe is writing Xion, right? And that Nojima was the one to write Kairi.

I'm hoping that Xion will be better than Kairi, certainly because of her connection to more characters, and because of the fact that, even though she's small and girlish, she doesn't seem all that weak. Probably not as tough as Larxene, but a lot better than Kairi.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards

Xion sounds deeper than Kairi; she wants to become whole, yet she doesn't want to leave her friends. How she will resolve her conflict, how Sora's memories will effect her, and how her friendship with Roxas and Axel will end up...I'm pretty interested to see how the pieces will fit together.

The Dark Destiny

Don't fucking ask me why I continue to be on this forum. I fucking hate Kingdom Hearts. And Kairi was the most annoying fucking bitch ever to be put on a video game. Damn, but not as bad as Rikku on FFX. Shit, if she was any perkier she would have given us all diabetes.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

Where's the negative... WHERE'S THE NEGATIVE?! ;;;;;

either way, I strongly stand against it.
Reasons why Xion seems to hold far more promise than Kairi ever could:

• She's more directly plot related than Kairi ever could. Kairi was a PoH, one of many and was asleep for all of KH1.
    Xion's the reason Roxas left the Org and goes toe to toe with Roxas.
  • She has her own Keyblade.
  • She looks like Aqua.
  • She's Watanabe written
  • She cares about either both Roxas and Axel, or the other two people she cares for; step up from Kairi and her obsesseion.
  • Riku interaction and concern.
  • Namine interaction.

Was it shown only in the trailers? For now, yes, but it seems that it's because there's what to show, and that's already a hell of a lot.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor

Xion is way better than Kairi.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards

Where's the negative... WHERE'S THE NEGATIVE?! ;;;;;

either way, I strongly stand against it.
Reasons why Xion seems to hold far more promise than Kairi ever could:

• She's more directly plot related than Kairi ever could. Kairi was a PoH, one of many and was asleep for all of KH1.
    Xion's the reason Roxas left the Org and goes toe to toe with Roxas.
  • She has her own Keyblade.
  • She looks like Aqua.
  • She's Watanabe written
  • She cares about either both Roxas and Axel, or the other two people she cares for; step up from Kairi and her obsesseion.
  • Riku interaction and concern.
  • Namine interaction.

Was it shown only in the trailers? For now, yes, but it seems that it's because there's what to show, and that's already a hell of a lot.

I can't comment on not liking Kairi in a poritive manner? xD I try to be civilized instead of entering with a "HORRIBLE WRITTEN CHARACTER, KAIRI IS. GLAD WATANABE'S WRITING XION AND NOT NOJIMA!!"

That wouldn't be nice :3

The Dark Destiny

I can't comment on not liking Kairi in a poritive manner? xD I try to be civilized instead of entering with a "HORRIBLE WRITTEN CHARACTER, KAIRI IS. GLAD WATANABE'S WRITING XION AND NOT NOJIMA!!"

That wouldn't be nice :3

Wtf?

A

Azrael

You mentioned the N word, means Xion is going to suck just like Kairi.

Where's Watanabe?

Shadowlight

Xion is better. Watanabe does deeper and more useful character personalities.
Xion is a complex character with sad decisions and is the step up from the obssesive Kairi.

Isn't it funny that Kairi's...counterparts are mostly a lot more interesting/likeable.
Also she has the guts to fight Axel and all his fire and chakrams flying around. Unlike Kairi.
She didn't even slap him or anything when he came to get her.... :(

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

A thread for those who found kairi annoying: do you think Xion will be any better

'Kay. I'm here, and yes, I did find Kairi annoying, about as much as she is useless, and I found her annoying for that fact as well.

Now what?

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3

wtf.. im pretty sure u meant Watanabe, cuz remember, Nojima is the one who screwed up kh2..

mm i really think that Xion will be waay better than Kairi. because even Selphie is somewhat better than Kairi.

and plus Xion is actually cute, not like Kairi who tries to be cute.. eww... haha, and Xion can fight, and has more internal problems and is more of an actual character who develops.. the only thing Kairi ever developed where just boobs, and probably more obsessiveness, and she developed less cuteness and less likable-ness..

i personally like Xion a lot too.. even if i didnt hate kairi, so yah.. Xion is not going to be another Kairi.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards

We've only seen trailers and she's already better. Jeeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back