• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► A Little Taste of Life

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

|( |-| FAN

Thank you ever so much for creating this fan fic. It's been a long time since I've read something that has caught my interest and making me Impatiently waiting for more.
Once again thank you. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
That's very flattering |( |-| FAN!
*looks at location* CANADA!!!!
I'm IN LOVE with CANADA!!!! (Ask Tao!!!!)

*Calms down*
Well, I think part 2's twist is becoming really corny...
I may have to rethink it....
So, expect a little bit of a delay.... Sorry!
I'll try to get it up soon.
In the meantime, ponder this:

There's a man who married his sister, killed his mother, and was born before his father- all legally. How did he do it?

Tao- do not give the answer.
(I like riddles)

EDIT-
BTW, part 2 isn't that long... just informing you.

Last edited:

Taokitty

A Chagrined Fool.
Awards
People's Fragile Dreams, Relinquished from Anixiet
>.< Dangit!

I was planning to have fun with that leverage of knowledge too... (xD)

Ori? I think there may actually be a flaw in the riddle if I recall the knowledge correctly...

Anyway, I wish thee luck with solving the riddle! (to the people reading it, that is). o.o

xD Yes, you always loved to make divides of chapters all the time, if one were to count, it would probably equal up to 50 instead of the 26-27 to 30s if got into. xD

That be a good thing or a bad thing, I'll let you decide. ><

Nice update by the way ^-^
I hope you update soon and will be content with it. ><
It's rather troublesome if the author(ess) isn't content with his work... ><

Note of the Day: I'm surprised I've decided starting this again... >.>

Sorry for the slight randomness of what I have said. ^-^;;;

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
Okay, here it is!!!
BTW- the answer to the riddle was:

The man was born before (defined as in front of on object) his father, killed his mother in childbirth, and became a priest and married his sister to some other dude.

XD
--------------
Chapter 3: The Second Storm
Part 2: Help From the Dark

Sora and Kairi sat on the island for quite some time. Neither could tell time because the storm had completely covered the sun. They sat on their small patch of land aimlessly, just sitting, contemplating what they could do.

Neither came up with an answer. After hours of silence, Kairi turned towards Sora, panic rising in her voice, “Sora, what are we going to do? Nobody’s gonna come looking for us…” Sora seemed equally depressed, “I don’t know… I mean, we’ve gotta figure out a way out of here- we don’t have any food or fresh water. We won’t be able to survive for more than three days.”

Kairi almost giggled, “Yea? How long have we been here?” Sora glared at her, “Be serious!” Sora looked up at the sky and found the darkness was finally dissipating. Sora could see the first rays of light breaking through the sky, fairly close to the horizon, but in what direction? Kairi had noticed the change too. She stared at the rays of light with a smile on her face. “The light within the dark,” Kairi whispered, too low for Sora to hear.

Suddenly, Kairi jumped up. “The dark!” she exclaimed, “Sora! Remember how Riku could use the dark to teleport? Why don’t you try!” Sora was completely thrown off. Sora, remembering all those he had encountered in the dark, instantly shook his head, “No.”

“Oh why not? I mean, it can’t be too hard!” Kairi whined. Sora glared at her, “Well if it’s not too hard, why don’t you do it?” Kairi gave him a skeptical look, “Sora, there’s no darkness in my heart, don’t you remember?”

“Man! I can’t do it because I’d lose the keyblade!” Sora reminded her. Kairi giggled nervously at the thought, but said quite seriously to him, “Sora, you might have to if the time comes.”

Suddenly, Sora and Kairi stopped speaking. A foreign voice had simultaneously passed through their minds like a soft breeze, only stopping by for a moment, and then moving on. The message it had for them was strange- the voice had been listening to them. It came with a short request: There will be no need. Follow the path laid before you.

They looked at each other, hopelessly dumbstruck. What could the ominous message mean? Before they even had a chance to speak, a corridor of darkness erupted before them, beckoning them into the unknown. It seemed as if it were calling to them, and Sora now understood.

“Follow the path laid before you,” whispered Sora. Gesturing at Kairi, Sora asked, “What do you think?” Kairi scowled, “Well… I don’t know. I mean, that voiced seemed welcoming, but I’m sure I’ve never heard it before. Still…” Kairi paused, “Right now it’s our only way out of here, but who knows where it leads?”

Sora looked into the black void, and suddenly, he knew. Somehow, in that darkness, he had connected to someone, he had no idea who, but he had touched the other person, and they had told him where the portal let out. Sora took a breath, and said very slowly, “It leads to… Traverse Town.”

Kairi’s eyes widened, “How do you know?” Sora thought for a little, “I don’t know… I just do. Trust me, it leads to Traverse Town.”

With a confidant smile, Sora took Kairi’s hand, and the two walked forward into the dark.

---------------------

Hope you enjoyed!!!
Well, I haven't started chapter 4 yet. I know exactly what happens. It gives you an idea of what's really going on, but only an idea.

Last edited:

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
You're not gonna believe it!
In the 4 hours since I last posted, I have done nothing but worked on chapter 4!!! I even managed to start chapter 5!!!!!!!

So, yea it's done, but I'm not putting it up till I get more reviews (yea, I'm being petty, but I just posted the last chapter.

Haku

<3
You're not gonna believe it!
In the 4 hours since I last posted, I have done nothing but worked on chapter 4!!! I even managed to start chapter 5!!!!!!!

So, yea it's done, but I'm not putting it up till I get more reviews (yea, I'm being petty, but I just posted the last chapter.

Your next story is going to be well worth the wait because that was really an awesome chapter there great job!

Taokitty

A Chagrined Fool.
Awards
People's Fragile Dreams, Relinquished from Anixiet
They do say it's good to keep a good distance between each chapter. =D

Which usually varies from one or two weeks if I'm correct...

Anyway, wonderful update! ^-^

It worked out quite well though I'm probably going to be pondering one of those lines in there for awhile actually. ^-^

I'm glad you finished chapter four by the way. ;P
Less work later on if you can stand a chapter ahead! ... Or ten... Or twenty... o.o

I recalled the last two answers to the riddle, but couldn't quite remember the first one. Good reminder I guess. ^-^

Anyway, can't wait for more reviews to read and for an update! >D

Note of the Day: I'm curious as to why I have started this again seeing with a sickening feeling, it reminds me of those bloody journal entries people create which is quite troublesome... Dx

... Off topic again! Dx

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
Trust me, by the time you read the next chapter your gonna have an idea of what's going on, but not everything (What does that mean class?
*kids sequel* SIDE-PLOTS!!!!)

Anyway... yea, maybe one or two more comments...
I actually kind of want to get it up.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Good, easy to relate to..

I've got friends who live in Canada.

POST THE NEXT CHAPPIE PLZ!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
Chapter 4: Preemptive Actions

In a large, chapel-like room, two hooded figures garbed in black coats stood facing one another. The room was dark, perfectly camouflaging the masked enigmas, and had a circular table of stone jetting out from the floor in the middle of the circular setup. There were green torches lined around the circular walls a few feet above the floor, and a single hallway led up to the dome chapel that ended with a large doorway.

The cloaked presences stood at opposite ends of the table. One was considerably shorter than the other, who had broad shoulders and a muscular chest. Just by their physique, it was clear that both were masculine.

“You have failed miserably at your mission. There was no reason for you to wait that long before acting- your inaction hints at cowardice. I shall not tolerate cowardice,” threatened the larger figure in a menacing tone. His voice was deep and eerie, and had an air of command to it that could not be ignored. He had his arms folded in annoyance

The shorter of the two was not at all stirred by his partner’s comments. He replied in an aggravated tone, “I am quite aware that I did not handle the situation well, and I deserve to be reprimanded for it. However, you forget that I managed to regain control of the catastrophe before it got out of hand-”

The other figure cut in, “The events that unfolded on the island were out of your control the moment the witch was an active factor. You knew she was there. Why did you not eliminate her when you had the chance?” The shorter figure gave off an irritated laugh.

“Eliminate her? You know very well she is too powerful to simply elimina-” the shorter figure stopped mid sentence and suddenly chuckled. “Ohh…” the smaller character remarked, “What do you have in mind?”

The larger silhouette’s body suddenly became less tense. Unfolding his arms, he suddenly took on a joking tone, “You’re a little less intuitive than I would have hoped. You and two others are to eliminate the sorceress.”

The younger figure also lightened up, “When are we to depart?”
His commander held up his hand, “Wait a moment. There are a few loose ends I would like to tie.” With a serious edge to his voice, the figure asked, “Where did you send them?”

The figure smirked under his hood, “They have been taken care of. I locked them in the one place he wouldn’t dare to brave. Sora and Kairi are no longer an issue, so long as they are trapped in the realm of darkness.”

Suddenly, deep, manic laughter echoed through the chamber. “Do you really think they will be contained so easily?” A glossy, elliptical portal of darkness blossomed into life at the far end of the corridor. Out of it came another character in black, this one hardly any different from the others. The figure had a strangely pronounced chest, despite the fact that the rest of his body was overtly masculine.

The man stepped forward and moved towards his apparent companions in overly drawn out strides. “You have forgotten one last variable: the King and his fools. Surely they shall search for their lost friend. How do you intend to deal with them?” His voice was very deep, but cracked and rose in pitch so randomly it made him seem insane.

The shortest of the trio was about to reply, when the broad-shouldered one cut him off, “Surely you already have a plan?

The figure smiled icily under his cloak. “Indeed I do. Postpone the assassination of the witch. Surely if she made plans to go after the islands, she is sure to go after the castle as well. It is the home of some of the instigators of her greatest defeat. We need only wait for her to make her move, then we shall strike,” answered the newcomer matter-of-factly.

The most powerful of the trio let out deep, booming laughs that chilled his companions, “You two seem to be very on top of things. Very well, I shall let you have your way. Although unorthodox, this council has accomplished quite a lot. Of course, I shall come up with the contingency plans in the event of your actions failing. Do not disappoint me again.”

The two lesser beings nodded their heads in unison and vanished in two different portals. A minute or so after the figures had disappeared, the last remaining enigma spoke to the shadows, “What do you have to say on this?”

A voice echoed down from the rafters lining the ceiling of the chapel, “Let them have they’re way, I see no down side to it. Am I to assume that I shall accompany him when the time comes?” The voice had a heavy British accent, and had a raspy undertone.

Calling to the ceiling, the figure replied, “Of course. I’ll let you decide who else to take.”

The anonymous voice called down, “And what do you plan on telling your “second in command”?” The muscular person looked up and laughed, “That doesn’t concern you, but do not worry. He is completely unaware that we know of his plans.”

With two separate whooshes, the figures were gone, and the chapel was silent once more.

----------------------

Well, there you go! Hope you enjoy!!! (I want to hear your guesses as to where this took place. I mean, I gave you a really big hint... practically spelled it out for you.)

The next chapter is underway... but I might not be able to get it up for a week (or two... if worst comes to worst)...
Keep your fingers crossed.

On a different note- those drawings I had done...
They're gone. I never got a chance to scan them. (Here's why- two kids got hit by a car at my school, so I had to make a sincere get well card... and everyone thought it would be nice if I gave them some of my drawings... so... yea. :(

Not all of them, just the ones I could already post.
The others (which are still spoilers), I still have, but aren't even close to being done.

Thanks for all the comments!!!

Last edited:

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
... Here's another hint-
It's a location in KH1.

I think you should figure it out now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back