• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► A Little Taste of Life

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
...I'm really sorry!!!

I haven't had anytime to write anything with all my school work and sport so....
Chapter 2 isn't finished yet T_T

Umm... I started it last weekend, and I'm GOING TO finish it this weekend.
Again, I'm sorry I let this die.... :(

**Oathkeeper**

I just started to read this fanfic and so far i like it! What i like most is how you potrayed the characters just as they would in the game so please continue to do that!

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
Chapter 2: Beginning of Another End

The next day, Kairi and Sora spent the mid-morning sparring with one another. Since they had returned from the Organization’s castle, Kairi had convinced Sora and Riku to give her lessons in fighting, and to both of their astonishment, Kairi had picked up the art surprisingly fast. In the three months she had trained, Kairi managed to disarm both Sora and Riku once each. Kairi had almost mastered the usage of her weapons, two sleek curved blades that could be attached at the hilt to be used as a double ended blade. The blades were the size of an average sword, but were an azure color with her good luck charm attached to the hilt of her right blade.

Along with these new weapons, Kairi had also taken up a new look. She was now garbed in a pair of short, black jeans; a set of custom made, pink combat boots; and a simple form-fitting pink tank top. Kairi found she couldn’t maneuver all that well in a short skirt, and to Sora’s delight, she changed into a set of pants for once. After all, Tidus and Wakka had always paid a bit too much attention to Kairi’s lower half for Sora’s comfort. Kairi also had a small metallic case draped around her back to carry her blades.

The two continued sparring, and Kairi blocked Sora’s rushing assault by putting her swords in an X shape and then slashing down with both. Sora hopped back to dodge her slash, and dropped his wooden training sword laughing, “Okay, you’ve definitely gotten better!”

Kairi smirked, “Told ya so,” She fell down on the sand next to Sora and laughed. They sat together until about noon, watching the sky slowly darken as an armada of clouds covered the teal sky, and they only looked up when the first few drops of rain sprinkled their faces. Looking outward towards the main land, the sky was a purplish-black color. Kairi pointed out at the sea and exclaimed, “Look!” They were looking at a small wooden boat. After awhile, they realized it was Selphie in her regular yellow skirt piloting the boat, and they met her at the dock.

When they got closer, it was clear she was distressed. Panting, Selphie managed to stutter, “Heartless! On- on the main land! … Tidus and Wakka need help!” As Selphie tried to catch her breath, Sora put on a confident smile, “Hey Kairi, up for a challenge?”

Kairi smiled, and they set off to the main land together, weapons at the ready. Sora had abandoned the wooden sword and dawned his favorite blade, Bond of Flame, holding it at the ready. As they moved closer to the main island, they slowly made out a terrifying scene.

There was a giant, pulsating black orb hanging over the city, raining heartless down upon the defenseless settlement, and bathing it in darkness. When Kairi saw this, she almost broke down. How could this happen? Who was responsible for it? “I swear,” Kairi thought to herself, “Whoever’s doing this is gonna pay.”

Sora remained fairly calm. He rowed the boat pretty fast and was keeping an eye on the massive black pearl, but he was clearly disturbed by the sight. “Man Riku, you had to pick this weekend to go away, right?” The boat was rocked savagely by the howling winds, and the rain was relentlessly stinging their faces.

The sky had turned darker and darker as they moved closer towards the sphere, but the storm was not nearly large enough to be seen from any of the other large islands. Kairi and Sora sailed onwards, but Sora rowed noticeably slower. He seemed a bit hesitant, as if he was recalling all that had changed on the night of the last storm. When they finally reached the opposite shore, the person waiting for them at the dock was not exactly a person they had hoped to see again.

Standing perfectly still in the brutal winds was a witch draped in an elongated black cloak, dragging far behind her feet. It was tight around the edges of her pale face, and ended in two defined spikes at the top of her head. Lastly, she carried a walking staff topped with a green orb, and had a large troop of Defender heartless standing in her wake.

“You didn’t think I’d forgotten you, did you child?” chimed Maleficent.

---------------------

Well, I got it done!
It's meant to be one of those cheesy suspense momenty-thingys :D

The next chapter is in the works, and it marks the end of the Destiny Islands segment (I can't stand them :\ too dull)... so, yea...
I'm not saying anything else. (sorry Tao lol)

But, expect it within a week (I'm sorry, but I've got school, sports, and I got a new dog!! It's a lot!)

Haku

<3
I really like it because you have a very original writing style, can't wait for the next issue!

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
Yay it's Malificent! Wait, wheres Pete ?

Let's say Maleficent "sent him on a little trip" :laugh:
I can't stand that fat oaf :\
(Let's make this clear, he won't be in this fanfic).

Anyway, thanks for all the positive comments (gee Tao, remember when I got absolutely NO comments? :D)

You know, I don't understand how my writing is different...
A couple of people have said that, but I can't get it....
Is it 'cause I write in a passive perspective? Because other people do that! (Not that I mind being called original!)

Oh, one last thing: I always doodle during school, and I did a few sketches for this story, but right now they'd be spoilers, so if you want to see them later, let me know!

Last edited:

Taokitty

A Chagrined Fool.
Awards
People's Fragile Dreams, Relinquished from Anixiet
No, I don't think so. It seems to be something else to your writing wise. It's probably because from what I know, it's been awhile since you've written anything (Unless there were certain assignments that required such literature) so that has probably changed how he'd usually write, and also you have more experience now with writing, so it could be taken as a good thing. ^-^

((xD Ah yes, I recall when there was no comments... Goldie actually got the permission to spam in the thread if I recall correctly! xD The only person I recall than just the three of us was that one random user who posted wrestling in your fic... o_O

We dicussed about that issue later. xD

It's so good seeing people here! ^0^ Your deserve it, damnit! >_o))

xD Originality is always of use. ^-^

o.o ... I'll be getting on you about those sketched the minute those spoilers will become suppisove only to those who haven't read it the second it's posted. <<.>>

Anyway, nice update! xD
You getta love those moments, it's always funny how such moments are called cliff hangers, I find it rather funny but anyway, nice. ^-^

Your talent has improved a bit from what I've seen. ^-^

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
((xD Ah yes, I recall when there was no comments... Goldie actually got the permission to spam in the thread if I recall correctly! xD The only person I recall than just the three of us was that one random user who posted wrestling in your fic... o_O

Ah, good times...
Okay, enough reminiscing...
But... I miss Goldie!

Anyway, those sketches aren't that nice...
I mean, I don't have any computer programs to fine tune them, cause they all take up too much space :\

So... yea, I'll be working on them... until then, I have one I could put up, but I only did it Friday, so its still in the works...
But right now its not a spoilter.

Q

Banned
AH HA!
I have appeared! :D *dashes into the light, brandishing a pipe that is burning with...something. >.> <.< Which I won't tell you about. So dun ask lol*

I will comment on this fanfiction with righteous vigor and duty! It an honor to be here, because you see, I had to pull away from some other business...which I will not get into you but shall only reveal that it involved a cupcake, two mafia men and various clubbing weapons. D: I still feel the bruises.

But none of that! The review hath come, so get ready. Because it will Pwn/j00/soxs off. :D

This...fanfiction was very good. Although the Prolouge confused me at first and even now it still does - but that only leads to more interest and desire to read the story. :D I happen to like the first chapter, but thin the Kairi-with-weapons bit is a little cheesy. But that may be the side of me that hates Kairi. Actually, there is no side that hates her - I wish she would die. In a well. Trapped by a Large Body that instead of armor in the front had a thousand chainsaws.

The second chapter had quite a nice twist. Never thought of that old hag to return - we all expect some Org. member or a new person. But that was a nice twist, and I admire you for including such a thing.

I suppose the paragraphs could be fused at points, and maybe you could work on some of the words and stuff - but otherwise it is very, very good. Better than I could do, anyday.

9/10. You earned it hardz. :D

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
Thank you for that... erm... flattering review!
As for Kairi... let's just say I share your opinion of her, only in a milder tone. :D

Okay, the prologue is VERY important.
GOT IT MEMORIZED????
Seriously, it's probably the most important event of this fic.
And yes, at this point is was only meant to throw you people off.

BTW- chapter 3 is nearing completion! (or in reality, part 1 at least.... I'm not yet sure if I'm dividing it).
Tao, you know I love divided chapter!

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
Chapter 3: The Second Storm
Part 1: Two Birds with One Stone

Sora was completely thrown off by the appearance of the dark sorceress, but Kairi regained her sense instantly. “You!” Kairi exclaimed.

Although Kairi had only ever seen Maleficent once during her ordeal, Sora and Riku had filled her in on what the witch had done to them during their adventures. Kairi had decided that even though Maleficent had helped them out in the Organization’s castle, she couldn’t forgive her for turning Riku to darkness.

Maleficent was beaming in vicious delight as the darkness poured down on the defenseless island, devouring its citizens mercilessly. Maleficent chuckled and turned her attention back to Sora and Kairi, who had taken their battle stances, “Why so hostile? You don’t feel like catching up? I thought you might be wondering why I’ve bothered visiting your pathetic home.”

Sora answered defiantly, “You’re nothing but trouble! Leave!” Maleficent was only fifty feet from Kairi and Sora, and she started to move slowly towards them in long, graceful strides. “You see, I don’t really think I’ll be leaving anytime soon. I’m becoming frightfully tired of my new residence, the Organization’s castle,” Maleficent’s smile chilled Sora to his core, “I’m in desperate need of a vacation, and what better a place to visit than these lovely islands?” Maleficent glared at Sora with malice in her eyes and roared, “Plus, nowhere else will I find the boy who once ruined me!” With a wave of her staff, a towering, dark green blaze surrounded the sorceress, and the defender heartless leapt to meet Kairi and Sora, their shields wildly snapping in the brutal winds.

Kairi was much more agile than Sora, and beat him to the besieging creatures. With one blade, she blocked the heartless’s savage shield, giving her the time to leap over the creature and strike it at the base of its neck with her free sword. Sora was having a bit more difficulty with the heartless he had encountered. With only one weapon, Sora was at a major disadvantage. Thinking on his feet, Sora whipped the keyblade over his head and sliced vertically at the shield. The defender turned its weapon so that it gripped the weapon with its mouth, leaving Sora completely vulnerable, but he had a plan.
Sora jumped straight over the heartless, his momentum ripping the keyblade free of the shield’s mouth, and with a single flip, Sora smashed the heartless directly in the back.

The remaining ten or so heartless came at the pair from all directions, having taken advantage of the two as they had focused on the fallen heartless. Sora muttered stubbornly, “We don’t have time for this!” With a wave of his keyblade, Sora bellowed, “Gather!” A silvery orb with two orbiting spheres appeared in midair, and the heartless were sucked off their feet as they were drawn to it. With masterful cooperation, Sora and Kairi attacked the vulnerable heartless suspended in midair, and had finished off the last of them before the magical orb had even begun to slow down.

Maleficent had been watching the spectacle from behind her fiery protection with a rather displeased look. “Sora, you’re time has come. You have teetered on the edge of darkness one too many times to be here today. Allow me to throw you over the edge,” said Maleficent threateningly.

With a final surge of dark flame, Maleficent’s form was silhouetted behind the inferno. Sora had to drag Kairi backwards, who was transfixed as Maleficent’s shadow steadily grew- he knew what was about to come, but Kairi didn’t. Kairi staggered backwards and called to Sora above the cackling of the flames, “Sora! What’s going on?”
Sora didn’t bother answering, he simply ran with her further back onto the beach to try to avoid the wall of flame that would soon be released.

With an amazing exertion of power, the inferno that had circled the sorceress turned towards the cowering pair and swept across the wooden deck, obliterating it as it went along. Kairi was now running parallel to Sora, and the two were racing along the deck towards the water, fleeing from the fire now scratching at their backs. With a final leap, Sora and Kairi soared off the dock straight into the water, with the flames surging over their heads as they fell.

The pair waited until the flames above the surface of the water subsided, and then resurfaced, absolutely drenched. What they saw when their eyes cleared was a monstrous sight. An enormous, raven colored, flying behemoth was rising from the dying flames with demonic flames dancing in its eyes. Its massive wings were flapping steadily, and its spiked tail was swinging below it.

The creature let out a resonant roar, stirring all those on the other islands. The island they were on had almost been completely consumed by the dark orb, a sight most unpleasant for Kairi and Sora. He noted that it was almost nothing like the first night the island had been destroyed. Then the entire world had been devoured, now only one island was disappearing from the ocean. Apparently Maleficent was focusing all her power on the largest island.

Sora and Kairi scrambled onto what was left of the island- a barren patch of sand about 100 yards in diameter. The gruesome creature was flying around the island, circling the stranded pair like a vulture. With a weary look on his face, Sora stared at the beast and let out a hollow laugh, “Kairi, be ready for anything!” Taking a determined battle stance, Sora waited for the monster to make its first sweep of the island, positive that he would protect Kairi. The monster swept across the midnight sky, flapping its wings behind the moon, roared once more, and then, without any warning, flew upwards into the sky and out of sight.

“What’s going on?” Kairi said, clearly worried.
Sora turned to her, absolutely torn, “You don’t get it? Look where we are!” Kairi took on look and suddenly understood. They were deserted in the middle of the ocean, without any resources on an abandoned slab of land. The heartless were just a distraction- Maleficent had never had any plans of attacking. Sora seemed crushed, “Maleficent won…”

-----------------

Well, I had hardly any time to proof read this, so feel free to point out typos!

Well, I posted this just to hold you over until part 2, which is where this takes off...
I think part 2 has a nice plot twist. :D

Last edited:

Haku

<3
That was a really great chapter there the story is getting better and better can't wait to see what happens next.

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
Thanks for all the comments!
I went back and slightly changed a few words or sentences, nothing big, so don't worry.

I haven't entirely thought out part 2. I mean, I have an outline of what happens after it, but the translation to that will be difficult for me.... So, let's say I'll try to get it out before the weekend. (I've got nothing to do today so I'll actually have time to write!)

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back