• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► 4Gamer Interviews Nomura on KH3, Unchained x: Transformations, Development, Reaction from Overseas

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
I just hope, in the end, he doesn't make the entire plot cater to them. Like suddenly start making plot points from the lesser known games irrelevant or something. That'd really upset me. It's one thing to market the game to the ignorant and/or "not wanting to buy all the consoles to play the games" fans, but it's another to try and bring the story "to their level" because they chose not to follow along. I don't want the story to be hindered for those of us who are passionate and have followed along faithfully since the beginning.

This would probably be enough for me to give up on the series completely. But look at Final Fantasy VII, I don't think that's his style, he'll stick to his guns and if they can't follow along then tough love. Honestly those fans can just be lost and enjoy the gameplay imo. If they were really fans they'd either play the remixes or watch the cutscenes online.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I hope his comment about social game tedium implies we won't be having to sacrifice dozens of medals to upgrade our medals, like we do with the cards in KHX PC.

can they have the easter eggs like aerith lives graffit on the wall

"AERITH IS FINE AND HAVING A WONDERFUL DAY"

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
This would probably be enough for me to give up on the series completely. But look at Final Fantasy VII, I don't think that's his style, he'll stick to his guns and if they can't follow along then tough love. Honestly those fans can just be lost and enjoy the gameplay imo. If they were really fans they'd either play the remixes or watch the cutscenes online.

Very true. The other day, I watched FFVII Advent Children with a buddy and even with the movie's explanations of events from the game, he was asking questions constantly because the film was like "Man, if you haven't played the game, why are you watching this? Go play the game if you want to be in the loop."

And hopefully, that will be the same with KH3. Have those same "catch up" type things for those who need it, but if you're still lost, sucks. Go buy the ReMIX's. That's literally the reason they were created. Or, watch the cutscenes on YouTube, at the very least.

MasterZero

Very true. The other day, I watched FFVII Advent Children with a buddy and even with the movie's explanations of events from the game, he was asking questions constantly because the film was like "Man, if you haven't played the game, why are you watching this? Go play the game if you want to be in the loop."

And hopefully, that will be the same with KH3. Have those same "catch up" type things for those who need it, but if you're still lost, sucks. Go buy the ReMIX's. That's literally the reason they were created. Or, watch the cutscenes on YouTube, at the very least.
Agreed. To me, if they really care a lot about the story, there are plenty of ways they can follow. Youtube, the Remixes, fanboards, and more. As someone who has played most of the games, I'm excited to hear the grand finale that all the past games have been building up.

dominokos

I gotta say, Unchained X sounds actually really amazing. I really want to play it. Even more so than I ever wanted to play Coded or the original COM... What a bummer it hasn't even been announced for Europe :frown::frown:

Last edited:

Echoecho6

Awards
I am sooo happy that atleast the SUMMONS are still a thing! Even though most of the time they sucked it was still the one game mechanic that was really important to have. Being in KH1 and 2, I was upset when I thought they weren't returning.

Also the way he talked about goofy and donald "inviting you into it" makes me feel like I am just going to randomly be forced into these group type moves... I am sure it wont be like that but I can't picture something coming up and having the option to do a move like this or not. Also I hope we can still activate party moves on our own, I loved using them and seeing the different party limits you can preform in each different world.

0701Noctis

Same here.

I remember my older sister (only played KH1 and 2) watching me play 2.5 Birth by Sleep Final Mix and she was pretty confused about what was happening. I keep telling her to go watch some cutscenes on Youtube or read the summaries of the other games to prepare for KH3 but she refuses. Well if the events of KH3 go over her head, its her loss.

Echoecho6

Awards
Well I kind of hope it is a little confusing and introduces some new characters and such that even we can't figure out who they are connected to. I loved playing KH2 for the first time (not having played COM) and not knowing wtf is going on, and meeting roxas and being like "wtf who is this and where is Sora!" It was fun to discover everything and I hope they bring that sense of mystery back. Well I am sure the people who haven't played the handheld games will have that, but I want that feeling for myself as well.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Also, the AI during battle has been enhanced quite a bit. There was that scene where Donald and Sora are moving with Goofy has he wields his shield - you don't only execute that sort of thing yourself, Goofy and Donald can invite you into it too.

Donald: Sora, wherever you're ready..

Donald: Sora, seriously, my back is aching..

Donald: Are we doing the fucking Trinity Limit or not??

Although Unchainedχ is set the furthest back of any game in the series, it connects to KH3. How does that work?

Nomura:
8E77IwE2vxpln0XFmxbC3A

Time Travel dude!!

LOL

"Stella lives"

This seriously needs to happen. Stella needs to be in KH3 if she doesn't show up in FFXV (which we already know she won't).

I just hope, in the end, he doesn't make the entire plot cater to them. Like suddenly start making plot points from the lesser known games irrelevant or something. That'd really upset me. It's one thing to market the game to the ignorant and/or "not wanting to buy all the consoles to play the games" fans, but it's another to try and bring the story "to their level" because they chose not to follow along. I don't want the story to be hindered for those of us who are passionate and have followed along faithfully since the beginning.

There is no way he is gonna do that. KH II's plot is... well it's pretty bad. The whole BBS and then 3D and chi plot-lines are basically an overarching plot to support the rest of the series. Plus we already know that the heroes are preparing for the "ultimate fight" etc. What are they gonna do? Forget about MX? :p

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
In my honest opinion, KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained χ's gameplay looks more thrilling than PC's chi.

I think it's because of the tapping and doing attacks with your actual hand instead of the PC browser version's Diablo style point-and-click stuff. Clicking repeatedly for hours gets really annoying really fast.

Shogo-Kun

Awards
I remember my older sister (only played KH1 and 2) watching me play 2.5 Birth by Sleep Final Mix and she was pretty confused about what was happening. I keep telling her to go watch some cutscenes on Youtube or read the summaries of the other games to prepare for KH3 but she refuses. Well if the events of KH3 go over her head, its her loss.
Somehow, with that in mind, I have a feeling that Kingdom Hearts III is gonna be the game that breaks friendships...:eek:

JollyCrow

It is great to see such a substantial interview with so much information.
It was beginning to feel like Nomura was getting overwhelmed with interviews and started cutting them shorter.

Anyway, thanks for the share!
It gives us more to think about!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back