• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► 4Gamer Interviews Nomura on KH3, Unchained x: Transformations, Development, Reaction from Overseas

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Game Central Station connects multiple games, both KH & FF universes could be connected to it.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
"Also, the AI during battle has been enhanced quite a bit. There was that scene where Donald and Sora are moving with Goofy has he wields his shield - you don't only execute that sort of thing yourself, Goofy and Donald can invite you into it too."

YESSSSS
"

You won't be saying that when they make it similar to when Phil told you to get up on the Hydra's back :p

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
You won't be saying that when they make it similar to when Phil told you to get up on the Hydra's back :p

lol I know you're joking, but hearing Donald say: LET'S CAST FLARE! LET'S CAST FLARE! LET'S CAST FLARE! LET'S CAST FLARE! LET'S CAST FLARE! LET'S CAST FLARE! LET'S CAST FLARE! LET'S CAST FLARE! LET'S CAST FLARE! LET'S CAST FLARE! LET'S CAST FLARE! LET'S CAST FLARE! LET'S CAST FLARE! LET'S CAST FLARE! LET'S CAST FLARE! LET'S CAST FLARE! LET'S CAST FLARE! LET'S CAST FLARE! LET'S CAST FLARE!

Could be more or less annoying that Phil's GET UP TO THE HYDRA'S BACK! xDD

Moose

Awards
I think the best way to do it would be like Mickey in BBS, where they start channeling and you have to walk up them and press a buttton if you want to do the limit.

Sdog

Awards
It's always nice to see Nomura out being social and givin us the let down. Can't wait to see what he brings us at D23 in November. :)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It's always nice to see Nomura out being social and givin us the let down. Can't wait to see what he brings us at D23 in November. :)

It feels like an eternity since we've actually seen him in interviews even though it has probably only been a few months at best.

Sdog

Awards
It feels like an eternity since we've actually seen him in interviews even though it has probably only been a few months at best.

It's been since the press tour for 2.5, no? Every month feels like an eternity when it comes to this game, lol. I'm still not over it's been almost 2 years since the initial reveal to this.

LedxirnSimon

Nomura said:
I personally didn't intend for so much time to pass after KHII. When people around me said it'd been ten years, I was so surprised, like, has there really been such a gap? See, I've been working on Kingdom Hearts titles this whole time. But in the midst of making spin-offs I ended up with fans saying "Another spin-off? When is KHIII coming out?" and yeah, ten years had actually passed. This is bad, I though

*Whispers nomura by his right ear*
That's not cool, dude, really not cool.

Remember that you said these previous games after numbered titles are really that important, and should be treated as side-story games for story plot reasons, not spin-off in the sense.

We took your old and wise words about these previous titles seriously. Plenty of us have bought your and your team's creations and played these games for important details of story plot as well as for enjoyment, regradless of what the casual players/fans have treated your games as such, nomura-san, just ignore them and their opinions and focus on working on this grand masterpiece.

(/Sarcasm)
Did I just spewed out a bunch of unversed from my feelings? :p

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
*Whispers nomura by his right ear*
That's not cool, dude, really not cool.

Remember that you said these previous games after numbered titles are really that important, and should be treated as side-story games for story plot reasons, not spin-off in the sense.

We took your old and wise words about these previous titles seriously. Plenty of us have bought your and your team's creations and played these games for important details of story plot as well as for enjoyment, regradless of what the casual players/fans have treated your games as such, nomura-san, just ignore them and their opinions and focus on working on this grand masterpiece.

(/Sarcasm)
Did I just spewed out a bunch of unversed from my feelings? :p

Nomura started referring to them as spin-offs because everyone else does, and it's just easier since people will immediately know what he means. Kinda like when people call metal "screamo" or electronic music "techno" and that usually annoys people who listen to those genres of music, but eventually you just give up and stop trying to correct everyone. I feel like Nomura did that with the portable games.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Nomura started referring to them as spin-offs because everyone else does, and it's just easier since people will immediately know what he means. Kinda like when people call metal "screamo" or electronic music "techno" and that usually annoys people who listen to those genres of music, but eventually you just give up and stop trying to correct everyone. I feel like Nomura did that with the portable games.

To be more specific, Nomura started to refer to them as spinoffs in interviews with western press only about KH3. He realizes that KH3's magical roman numeral is a very big selling point for the game and needs to push how important and amazing it is. Perhaps you could also say that he might not realize that the word "spinoff" has a rather negative connotation to it in the west, or that he may be using it in another context.

If possible, you know he'd prefer to promote Days, BBS, coded, etc., but unfortunately the fans that ignored all of those titles far outnumber the ones who didn't, and catering to them is more important for KH3's success.

We just have to make some sacrifices :(

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I'm surprised there hasn't been at least a mention on our fellow perished voice actors. Probably aren't mentioned to avoid any signs of story details but still.

Every time I see Sora getting stronger with all of these new abilities and seeing how strong Master Xehanort is.. I keep thinking to myself Harry Potter vs Voldemort

kingsoraful

Awards
Well Nomura did say that their are gonna be more worlds than in KH II which is a great sign. To me we're probably definitely looking at a larger increase of worlds bc the PS4 can support more worlds.

Although that interview really has me laughing. Try playing KH III without understanding whom are Aqua, Terra, Ventus, Xehanort, and Eraqus. You will be lost so fast I'm sure.

Here's to hoping he places some cutscenes or something to help people that have never played the handhelds to understand the story from them.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
We just have to make some sacrifices :(

I just hope, in the end, he doesn't make the entire plot cater to them. Like suddenly start making plot points from the lesser known games irrelevant or something. That'd really upset me. It's one thing to market the game to the ignorant and/or "not wanting to buy all the consoles to play the games" fans, but it's another to try and bring the story "to their level" because they chose not to follow along. I don't want the story to be hindered for those of us who are passionate and have followed along faithfully since the beginning.

Well Nomura did say that their are gonna be more worlds than in KH II which is a great sign. To me we're probably definitely looking at a larger increase of worlds bc the PS4 can support more worlds.

Although that interview really has me laughing. Try playing KH III without understanding whom are Aqua, Terra, Ventus, Xehanort, and Eraqus. You will be lost so fast I'm sure.

The world news has me excited as well. KH2 had a very nice amount of worlds, so knowing that KH3 will have even more is great, although with the confirmation of Mount Olympus, I'm sure we'll see some repeats (what I wouldn't give for another Tarzan visit for some proper branch sliding, but that's virtually impossible at this point).

And yeah, you're not kidding. I'm a person who strives to know everything about the lore, and even knowing everything there was to know at the time, when I played DDD, even I was completely confused during the sequence where Sora is running through his dreams and seeing all of the people connected to his heart. Imagine not even knowing who the characters are to begin with.

BEASTENDER

Summons...confirmed. Now they can finally do them right. I never used summons in KH1 or KH2 (except for the occasional final form Genie) because well, the execution was bad. Now they've got a chance to give the mechanic a dramatic upgrade and include more Disney characters that don't have their own worlds like Kim Possible :)

kingsoraful

Awards
Summons...confirmed. Now they can finally do them right. I never used summons in KH1 or KH2 (except for the occasional final form Genie) because well, the execution was bad. Now they've got a chance to give the mechanic a dramatic upgrade and include more Disney characters that don't have their own worlds like Kim Possible :)

Wow you never used Tinker Bell the first time you played Kingdom Hearts. I did, it's the only way I beat Dragon Maleficent.

Precursor Mar

Which is a surprise considering every KH game up until this point has had exactly 13 worlds, granted some of those worlds were only visited in cutscenes (Disney Castle in KH1, Destiny Islands in BBS, etc.). Even if we get more worlds, it remains to be seen whether they're all equally the same size and playtime length.

kingsoraful

Awards
Which is a surprise considering every KH game up until this point has had exactly 13 worlds, granted some of those worlds were only visited in cutscenes (Disney Castle in KH1, Destiny Islands in BBS, etc.). Even if we get more worlds, it remains to be seen whether they're all equally the same size and playtime length.

Yeah I was about to say from the post after yours KH II has more playable worlds than I.

Twilight Town
Radiant Garden
Land of Dragons
Olympus Coliseum
Beasts Castle
Disney Castle
Timeless River
Atlantica *cringe*
Port Royal
Halloween Town
Pride Lands
Agrabah
Space Paranoid
The World that Never Was
100 Acre Wood
Mysterious Tower

16 total. Destiny Islands appeared in cutscenes but was not playable.

Probably looking at 20+ for KH III.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back