• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

35W Bridge in Minnesota

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
did anyone see the 35W bridge in the Twin Cities area of Minnesota break, on the news..?

it was horrible.. ugh.

it just crumbled.

: (

Sora18

Yea I saw it, I thought it was the worst possible news to happen. Oh man and I think I heard a few people were killed from it, and the victims looks so scared.

yeah they are only like seven i heard last night, four this morning that were actually confirmed dead but theres lots of people missing that were probably caught in the river... my brother was getting off work right when it happened and he said it was just chaos like police motorcycles whizzing by like crazy..

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
www.tobuoi.deviantart.com
Yeah, I hate to say it, but the first thing I thought of was Harry Potter. "It's not clear yet what caused the collapse. Minnesota's governor said recent inspections revealed no structural defects." Sounds like Death Eaters, to me.

No, but seriously...stuff like this is bad, but it's kind of surprising that it doesn't happen more often.

Libra

Your Ending Theme
Yeah, I hate to say it, but the first thing I thought of was Harry Potter. "It's not clear yet what caused the collapse. Minnesota's governor said recent inspections revealed no structural defects." Sounds like Death Eaters, to me.

No, but seriously...stuff like this is bad, but it's kind of surprising that it doesn't happen more often.

The bridge was marked deficient by 2 surveys in the past 5 years. Each one stated it needed to be inspected often. Then they decided to repave, which added more weight. Thus collapsing it.

Fuse

When will we surrender?
lol..
Looks like some re-construction for uneducated workers is ahead.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
MNDOT is working with the ATF on the cause of the collapse, but any information may take several months to come out.

I have a lot of family that lives in Minneapolis, plus a brother that goes to school right at the U. My aunt and her two daughters were about ten minutes behind the bridge in traffic when it collapsed, they were stuck for several hours.

I don't know how many times I've driven over that bridge, but it's really weird that 35W is out, it's really a lifeline through the city. 35E goes through St. Paul, so it's not really feasible to go that way, so I'm sure they redirected through the other highway that crosses above 35E and goes west to east toward the city. They'll really have to double-time it to get that bridge back up, because it was really essential for everyones' commute and traffic.

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
www.tobuoi.deviantart.com
The bridge was marked deficient by 2 surveys in the past 5 years. Each one stated it needed to be inspected often. Then they decided to repave, which added more weight. Thus collapsing it.

No, I really think it was the Death Eaters. No, but come on...it was a joke. And the news clip I watched was from, like, the day after the incident, so I'm sure their information wasn't up to par. :/

And Sham, I'm happy that no one you know got hurt. That sounded a little selfish, huh?

Y'know, in some ways, i find this hard to believe. I mean, I live relatively close(I'm not telling where) to Minneapolis. My sister goes to concerts there. I can't believe that this happened...

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
Tragic, yes.

But it makes the news boring when something like this happens.

I'm tired of hearing about bridges.

I

The Show Must Go On
It's funny how it takes something like this to happen before anyone makes a move to fix up any of these bridges. No one gives them a second glance before, but now everyone freaks out about having to go over a bridge now.

Gamergirl

Silver Member
What i dont get is is y the news was so slow to tell people about this....at least in my area (east coast). But this definitely makes me scared to drive on the Bay Bridge, and that bridge is effin narrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back