• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts HD collections confirmed for Xbox One in 2020

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Square Enix and Disney have just confirmed that Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 and 2.8 will be heading to the Xbox One in 2020! This was just announced at Inside Xbox 2019.

Naturally, this makes perfect sense considering the highly anticipated Kingdom Hearts 3 is now available on Xbox One. No other Kingdom Hearts titles have been available on the Xbox prior, so this provides the perfect opportunity for new fans to experience the entire series outside of the Playstation.

For the uninitiated, this includes:

• KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX
  • KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories
  • KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days (HD Remastered cinematics)
  • KINGDOM HEARTS II FINAL MIX
  • KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep Final MIX
  • KINGDOM HEARTS Re:coded (HD Remastered cinematics)
  • KINGDOM HEARTS 3D: Dream Drop Distance
  • KINGDOM HEARTS 0.2 Final Chapter Prologue
  • KINGDOM HEARTS X Back Cover (HD cinematics)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Good. Here's to wondering if Nintendo will ever pitch to SE for the collection to come to the Switch.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Good. Here's to wondering if Nintendo will ever pitch to SE for the collection to come to the Switch.

Word on the street is there have been talks. Supposedly they've also asked for KH3 on Switch but that's either not feasible or would require more sacrifices than they'd like to make. But I think the collections coming to Switch is inevitable, for sure.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Word on the street is there have been talks. Supposedly they've also asked for KH3 on Switch but that's either not feasible or would require more sacrifices than they'd like to make. But I think the collections coming to Switch is inevitable, for sure.
If Witcher 3 can run on Switch, then KH3 sure as hell can.

It's crazy that they had 5.5 years to port these games to an XBox platform before KH3 and it's not until at least a full year after that they finally do.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Hmm, thanks for sharing, Sign. And yes, KH3 is too ambitious of a project for the Switch. I imagine a lot of performance issues would hinder the game's visuals and smoothness.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
If Witcher 3 can run on Switch, then KH3 sure as hell can.

It's crazy that they had 5.5 years to port these games to an XBox platform before KH3 and it's not until at least a full year after that they finally do.

They were working on KH3 and the Playstation remasters simultaneously for like over half of KH3's dev cycle. At some point, KH3 had to become the number one priority and they couldn't spare anymore manpower and resources until they were in a position comfortable enough to start working on additional projects.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
They were working on KH3 and the Playstation remasters simultaneously for like over half of KH3's dev cycle. At some point, KH3 had to become the number one priority and they couldn't spare anymore manpower and resources until they were in a position comfortable enough to start working on additional projects.
Outsourcing's a thing. Most HD ports tend to be outsourced projects anyway. FFX on PS4 was an outsourced job.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Outsourcing's a thing. Most HD ports tend to be outsourced projects anyway. FFX on PS4 was an outsourced job.

They're comfortable outsourcing FF games, they may not be for KH.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Outsourcing is a trend that Japanese devs are seriously looking back into. Some freelance companies have done shoddy work. In Nomura's case, he's too much of a perfectionist to trust outside work (Re: FFVII Remake).

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Jupiter and H.A.N.D. would beg to differ.

I think that we are in a different time now. Also, SE poached talent from Jupiter and h.a.n.d. after they worked on their respective KH games.

Then let us not forget the rocky start KH3 had. They outsourced some development for KH3, got back awful assets, and spent years up until release remaking and fixing all of the work those companies did.

Then there is Nomura's experience with CC2...

I think Tose and Team Ninja are like the only companies they trust. Tose is probably the one company I can see them working with on a KH port since they've worked with BD3 before on WoFF.

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Talk about a surprise! I knew it was possible.

In retrospect, it's smart of Square Enix to release HD remasters now for Xbox One. Kingdom Hearts ReMind will release soon so releasing the remastered collection for Xbox One beforehand will bolster sales for Kingdom Hearts III for Xbox One.

Happyfunshineman

Awards
That's great news. I'm looking forward to seeing if the games run even better than they already do with the Xbox One X. I hope Switch and PC (pretty please) can get some love too.

Edit: I forget forum rules, so I'll leave a small apology for port begging too.

Last edited:
Awards
East of England, Buried in a Void of Non-Existence
Even though I don't own the console itself, I'm happy for Xbox One players who finally get to experience all of the games in some shape or form. I don't really expect the games to perform any better on an Xbox One X, or even a standard Xbox One, than they would on the PS4 and the Pro, but I am curious as to whether they'll make any tweaks to the 1.5+II.5 ports beyond obvious visual ones like button prompts; I know there are still a number of audio quirks present in the PS4 version that have always irked me a little.

codelton

If anything I hope they finally remake the DS titles as playable games and put them on switch. Especially with the cartridges getting older and more likely to wear out from use.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It’s about time! If you ask me, darn collection should have been on Xbox before January this year.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
If anything I hope they finally remake the DS titles as playable games and put them on switch. Especially with the cartridges getting older and more likely to wear out from use.
I doubt that. They already expressed they want to remake Days, but couldn't because it would have taken too much time and manpower from the other projects. And now that Nomura has finally closed the Xehanort Saga, I doubt we'll see any remake.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I doubt that. They already expressed they want to remake Days, but couldn't because it would have taken too much time and manpower from the other projects. And now that Nomura has finally closed the Xehanort Saga, I doubt we'll see any remake.
This really disappoints me. I'm vapid with gamers and think that 358/2 Days in its current form but with HD graphics would have made it a better game (and some elements would have been automatically approved due to no hardware limitations, like the backpack.)

I really wonder just how much effort a HD version of 358/2 Days and Re:coded would have taken, due to the year difference in release, them making the cutscenes, and re-using assets that are a decade old. And I wonder, if they hadn't pursued the PS3 remasters, if it would have been possible if they aimed for the PS4 in the first place.

Back