• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(SPOILERS) KH Union X: Blaine, the 4th Union Leader

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

KINGDOM HEARTS Union X Japan updated with 5 more story quests today, introducing the 4th Union leader named "Blaine".

Translations are now available thanks to goldpanner.

(Skuld and Ephemera meet with Chirithy on the hill overlooking Daybreak Town.)

Skuld: Yes, it seems like they keep dreaming about it...

Chirithy: Yeah....

They're having terrible nightmares.

At first I thought it'd be horrible to lie to them, but now, I really do want to let them forget after all...

Skuld: Yeah…

I know it'll be tough on you, Chirithy, but please...

Chirithy: I will. Because [Player] is my best friend.

Skuld: That they are.

Ephemera: That's also why I asked you to do that other thing just now, too.

Chirithy: Yeah, "Union Cross," right?

Skuld: Yeah. I'm sure the sad memories deep in their heart will fade as they journey with their friends.

Ephemera: Also, I feel a darkness in this world that's unlike the darkness of the old world.

Chirithy: Huh?

Ephemera: Its true nature is more complex than the darkness from before, so I still don't quite have a handle on it, but I feel a large… intent.

Skuld: Leave that to us.

Chirithy, you take care of "Player," okay? We'll leave it to you to explain Union Cross to them.

Chirithy: Sure thing. I'm off, then.

(Chirithy leaves.)

Skuld: Why did you tell Chirithy?

All that did was make him anxious.

Ephemera: Oh, yeah, sorry. But, it's not like this has nothing to do with him.

Whenever something happens in this new world that diverges from the old one, I get more and more weirdly uneasy.

And this "Union Cross" business gives me yet another sort of bad feeling. I sense the darkness.

Skuld: But the initiation of "Union Cross" was law, wasn't it?

Ephemera:

Hm…

"May your heart be your guiding key," huh.

We can't avoid the coming destruction. Even us five Masters might...

(Ephemera thinks back to his conversation with Ava.)

Ephemera: Union Master? You can't just give me such a huge role out of the blue like this.

I don't think you'd joke about something like total annihilation, though.

Ava: There's no time.

After this, you guys will be the only ones there are. If someone doesn't gather everyone together, the light will go out forever.

Ephemera: But...

Ava: I've chosen five people from among the dandelions, including you,

Please, I want the five of you to become the leaders. To take command of each union from hereon out, and guide everyone.

It's not so bad right, if there's five of you?

Ephemera: Five of us...

(Ava approaches Ephemera and hands him a book.)

(Back to present. Ephemera snaps out of his thoughts as Skuld and Ven have a friendly talk.)

Ven: Oh, so you two know each other.

I've always been a bit of a stray, so I'm jealous.

Skuld: Well, so am I, to be honest.

Ven: But, there's nothing special or amazing about me. I've never even made it into the top ranking.

So, I have no idea why I was chosen.

Skuld: I'm sure Lady Ava had something in mind.

Ven: Hmm… I never really spoke with Lady Ava much either.

I don't actually know what she was like.

Ephemera: She was very easy to talk to.

Skuld: Ephemera, you're like that with everyone though.

Ephemera: Am not!

(Skuld laughs at him.)

Ven: Yeah, I definitely am jealous. I wish I had friends like this.

Ephemera: What are you talking about, Ven? You're our friend.

Ven: Okay!

(Suddenly a voice speaks up.)

???: Friends, huh? How lovely.

Ephemera, Skuld, Ven: !

(They turn to find a stranger; the 4th leader?)

Skuld: Are you the fourth?

???: I'm Blaine, nice to meet you.

(Fade to black.)

(It's a "dream". You lie alone in the Keyblade Graveyard as it rains.)

(“Dream” of when you were headed to the Fountain Plaza with Chirithy and see two other wielders in an argument.)

Chirithy: Not again, sheesh....

(You start to head over to the other wielders but Chirithy stops you.)

Chirithy: Leave them be.

I know how you feel, but if you start you'll never stop.

This has been happening too often lately, hasn't it? Honestly, what'll become of us, I wonder…

(Suddenly the other wielders call forth their Keyblades and prepare to fight.)

Player: !

(You rush towards them and block the collision.)

Chirithy: [Player!]

(Chirithy rushes over and scolds the wielders.)

Chirithy: How could you raise your Keyblade against an ally!

Wielder A: An ally? Don't make me laugh.

This piece of work was stealing our Lux.

Wielder B: Excuse you! We're the ones protecting the light.

What if your Union is the one betraying us to the darkness, hm?

Wielder A: What if YOUR Union is the dark one stealing the light, hm!

Chirithy: Wait!

Even if we're from different Unions, we're allies who share the same goal, and fighting is wrong!

Wielder B: You stay out of it!

(Skuld rushes in.)

Skuld: Stop right there!

Chirithy: Skuld!

Wielder B: Oh yeah? What Union are you from?

Skuld: That's completely irrelevant.

Our enemies are the dark monsters. Keyblades are not something to be raised against human beings!

Wielder A: Human or not, anyone stealing light is a creature of darkness, no different from a monster!

Skuld: How can you say that!

(Other wielders approach, angrily.)

Wielder C: The fight's already started.

(Skuld backs away. A voice calls out.)

???: That's right...

All: !

(Master Aced approaches.)

Master Aced: The only thing we can trust now is the unity of our Union.

Someone may be a fellow Keyblade wielder, but we cannot divine whether their heart is dark or not.

Warriors of absolute strength, the strength of a Union is not the amount of light it has collected.

A strong Union is justice itself.

That is something that can only be proved through battle.

Skuld: But…!

Master Aced: Do you object?

Aren't you people part of the gang Ava's organising behind our backs, the Dandelions?

Ava's actions are also, in the end, a power display. How is it any different?

Skuld: ...

(You approach Aced.)

Player: I'm not a Dandelion.

Master Aced: Oh, then what is your Union?

Player: [Union.]

(Master Aced summons his Keyblade.)

Master Aced: Raise your Keyblade.

Player: !

(You fight Master Aced. When the battle ends, you wake up in your room in Daybreak Town.)

Player: I...

Chirithy: Are you okay?

Player: A dream? ...Right?

Chirithy: You were really tossing and turning last night...

How about you just get a proper rest today?

Player: Okay… But...

How long was I asleep?

Chirithy: Same as always.

(You go back to sleep.)

Chirithy: Good night...

(Back to Ephemera and Ava's conversation.)

Ava: When you five are leading the unions from hereon out, there are laws that have been written, ones that you absolutely must follow.

Ephemera: It seems like you're ready to move the conversation along, but total annihilation, leaders... I'm not down with any of that yet.

Ava: It doesn't matter if you are or not. Please listen for now.

Ephemera: ...Yes, ma'am.

Ava: Right now what I am asking of you is the preparation for the other World.

Very soon, I will have all the members of the Dandelions migrate there.

There I will have you experience the same things you did here, but that world will go on, this time without total annihilation in its future.

Ephemera: Like, an overwrite?

Ava: Yes, that's right.

I will have to have the memories of the annihilation erased from the members of the Dandelions, and have the world connected to the coming age.

Ephemera: So to everyone, it will be like the annihilation never happened?

Ava: There is no need for memories of tragedy. I don't want everyone shadowed by sadness.

So, this will be a secret among the five of you alone. 

Please have each member's Chirithy help.

Ephemera: Don't you think that no matter how tragic it may be, we should carry it inside us as we move forward?

Ava: ...I knew you'd say that, Ephemera. That's who you are.

But, I wonder if you will still think that once you've stood there and witnessed that final moment?

Ephemera: ...

(Back to the meeting between the 4 leaders in the Keyblade Graveyard.)

Blaine: I was sure I'd be the last, whew. There's someone even chiller than me?

Ephemera: I guess so.

Blaine: So you guys are the five leaders?

Ephemera: Nah, it's not like we know for sure. First let's just wait for there to be five of us here.

Blaine: I see.

(Blaine takes out a book similar to the one Ephemera received from Ava.)

By the way, those law things aren't like, set in stone right?

Skuld: Well, they ARE laws...

Blaine: Hmph...

You're a straight-laced girl, Skuld. Just like Lady Ava.

Skuld: You're the second one to tell me that.

(*Gula said the same thing to her)

(Ephemera sighs, but Ven is quite excited!)

Ven: So Lady Ava is like Skuld, then!

Ephemera: That's not such a good thing...

Skuld: Hey!

(Ephemera, Skuld and Ven laugh.)

Blaine: But you know, is it really okay to trust this?

Like, for the truth about the annihilation to stay between us five, we have to lie to everyone.

Ven: Yeah, that bugged me a little too...

Skuld: But...

(Skuld glances towards Ephemera, who thinks back at the end of the Keyblade War and what happened to the player.

(Another “dream”. You lie alone in the Keyblade Graveyard as the rain continues to beat down. The once desolate wasteland is now overflowing with Keyblades of fallen wielders.)

(Chirithy appears to comfort you. Though you have little strength left, you reach up to pet him.)

Chirithy: Don't move now, it's okay...

(Chirithy curls up on your chest, and you close your eyes. Suddenly, the rain stops, and a bright light shines down from the sky, illuminating the graveyard. Chirithy leaps off of you, and you notice a figure appears in the distance.)

Player: A goddess...

(The figure approaches, revealing herself to be Skuld. She kneels beside you and smiles.)

Player: Skuld...

Skuld: [Player]...

(Skuld steps away as another figure takes her place beside you. It's Ephemera. Overcome with your emotions when you finally reunite, your eyes well up with tears. )

Player: You broke… our promise...

Ephemera: We finally meet again.

Player: You're late...

Ephemera: Yeah, I'm sorry...

(You reach for each other’s hands. Flash to white.)

(Ephemera recalls what Ava had said to him earlier.)

Ava: ...I knew you'd say that, Ephemera. That's who you are.

But, I wonder if you will still think that once you've stood there and witnessed that final moment?

Ephemera: It's a secret.

I don't want to make them remember that tragedy.

Let's obey the laws.

Blaine: Roger that.

(Blaine approaches the other three.)

I trust Ephemera.

Ven: Me too!

Ephemera: Well then, one more to go.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Re: KH Union X: Blaine, the 4th Union Leader

I don't trust him, not one bit.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

That's definitely Ienzo to me. Zexion's power was illusions with the Lexicon, plus, it can give further context as to why Xigbar was talking about the Keyblade War to Zexion.

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards

The guy actually gives me Braig/Xigbar vibes. Because of the whole cowboy set up and "bulls-eye" that's related to that.

Vibes aside, a connection to Ienzo could be plausible I guess. He is one of my favorite Members so making him more important would be cool. But honestly, I'd rather have this guy being his own person. Not some weird convoluted connection to the future and past.

Also what's with all the Pokemon? We're talking about the Darkrai user..?

Juhla

He seems to be from Bloodborne, luln
Nice to see a Paleblood Hunter as a Union Leader.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

Yeah he has that Ienzo vibe kinda. Hmm.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Pffftz, wat?
Blaine?

Somewhat unusual design I'd say, although that hat with the feather is certainly stylish.
Is that the lovechild of Sho Minamimoto and Ardyn Izunia?

Also, that book Ava gave Ephemer...is it just a list with the five names or the BoP?

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

Pffftz, wat?
Blaine?

Somewhat unusual design I'd say, although that hat with the feather is certainly stylish.

Also, that book Ava gave Ephemer...is it just a list with the five names or the BoP?

Lmao thought I was the only one who saw him as Ardyn (if it made any sense) because of that hat hahaha

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards

Okay, I'm having a Captain America moment here. Who in the Realm of Darkness is this Ardyn character? I am seriously missing something.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards

The dialogue implies she's written a set of laws inside the notebook. Blaine has a copy as well, and I assume Skuld and Ven are the same.
Okay, I'm having a Captain America moment here. Who in the Realm of Darkness is this Ardyn character? I am seriously missing something.
A character from FFXV​

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Lmao thought I was the only one who saw him as Ardyn (if it made any sense) because of that hat hahaha

Yep, and the outfit also fits a little, yet also reminds me of Sho from TWEWY.

He's a character from Final Fantasy XV:
latest

The dialogue implies she's written a set of laws inside the notebook.​

Oh dear, please no more of this "alliances are forbidden"-bullcrap and other idiotic stuff that only leads to yet another conflict.

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards

The dialogue implies she's written a set of laws inside the notebook. Blaine has a copy as well, and I assume Skuld and Ven are the same.A character from FFXV​

Oh. Oh...OHHHH! That guy? If it's the one I'm thinking of from the trailers, I can see the resemblance now.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

The guy actually gives me Braig/Xigbar vibes. Because of the whole cowboy set up and "bulls-eye" that's related to that.

Vibes aside, a connection to Ienzo could be plausible I guess. He is one of my favorite Members so making him more important would be cool. But honestly, I'd rather have this guy being his own person. Not some weird convoluted connection to the future and past.

Hold on, what does Braig have to do with Cowboys?

Anyway, it wouldn't really be convoluted to have Ienzo originate from this timeline. All we know about him was that in Birth by Sleep, he lost both of his parents and was under the gaze of Ansem, the Wise and Even. There are means to "time-skip" such as The Realm of Darkness, transferring a heart to another body, and the Dream worlds. It's not really about why he's there as opposed to the execution of how he ended up in the present day timeline.

Pffftz, wat?
Blaine?

I dunno, the first Final Fantasy character that came into my mind once I seen Blaine was Irvine from Final Fantasy VIII

latest

Though if anyone was to resemble Ardyn, I'd have thought that it would be Marluxia's somebody out of all characters.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

a boring-ass english name in my kingdom hearts?

it's more likely than you think

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

a boring-ass english name in my kingdom hearts?

it's more likely than you think

It's interesting to note that all of the "boring-ass" English names are usually associated with the Radiant Garden members of Organization XIII: Braig, Dilan, Aeleus, Ienzo, Lea and Isa. Just wanted to be captain obvious there.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

It's interesting to note that all of the "boring-ass" English names are usually associated with the Radiant Garden members of Organization XIII: Braig, Dilan, Aeleus, Ienzo, Lea and Isa. Just wanted to be captain obvious there.
i'll give you dilan, (even, who you didnt mention) and lea,
but braig, aeleus, ienzo and isa are hardly boring-ass names in the manner i was speaking of (aka, extremely commonplace names).

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Hold on, what does Braig have to do with Cowboys?

Anyway, it wouldn't really be convoluted to have Ienzo originate from this timeline. All we know about him was that in Birth by Sleep, he lost both of his parents and was under the gaze of Ansem, the Wise and Even. There are means to "time-skip" such as The Realm of Darkness, transferring a heart to another body, and the Dream worlds. It's not really about why he's there as opposed to the execution of how he ended up in the present day timeline.

I dunno, the first Final Fantasy character that came into my mind once I seen Blaine was Irvine from Final Fantasy VIII

latest

Though if anyone was to resemble Ardyn, I'd have thought that it would be Marluxia's somebody out of all characters.

Duh, Braig's a gunslinger extraordinaire even if his "guns" are stylized crossbows and he has that western-like scarf.

Since when do we even have any sort of confirmation or even solid hint that Blaine has anything to do with Ienzo in the first place?
(And don't say "hairstyle" as with that we're again in the same situation as with the same poses in renders stuff we had some months ago)

Except the hat Irvine isn't really that similar to Blaine though, especially as when going by outfits as Irvine's outfit is primarily in bright colors.

Marluxia? Just because of the hair color or what? As otherwise I don't think that Marluxia resembles Ardyn all that much.

---

I also noticed with some amusement that Ventus does the "hands-behind-head"-gesture again which he also uses in BBS (and which is on occasion also used by Sora).

Furthermore I don't know if this is just a regular thing with the X-chi art style and if I'm seeing things that aren't there, but isn't there a very lot of blinking with the character's eyes, sometimes in rather fast repetition?
Especially Ephemer seems to sometimes blink more often than the other characters.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards

I really don't care, but I expect some people would have a problem with a spoilery title like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back