• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(SPOILERS) KH Union X: Blaine, the 4th Union Leader

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I'm starting to wonder if with Blaine we don't already have our second female leader.
If this was a standard anime, that's the character I'd call out as a girl pretending to be a boy.

I mean, what's the point though? This series has never really been fixated on gender, all of the issues of gender are brought up by the fanbase.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
The point is the same as Blaine being Ienzo, Braig, the MoM, a FF gunslinger character or the traitor: who knows.
It's a completely new character and I'm just speculating on their looks.

About the "point" of a woman acting like a man... I don't think there's reason for that in anime as well, but they do that. It's a possibility.

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
About the "point" of a woman acting like a man... I don't think there's reason for that in anime as well, but they do that. It's a possibility.
That's because their main audience are horny teenagers.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
That's because their main audience are horny teenagers.

Well, it's not like KH fans instead are old and wise philosophers who would never start vicious shipping wars or putting characters on pedestals based on their looks.
I understand it's unprecedented, but anime tropes are a thing in KH since at least CoM, this would just be a new one.
If is there in the first place.

Last edited:

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
The point is the same as Blaine being Ienzo, Braig, the MoM, a FF gunslinger character or the traitor: who knows.
It's a completely new character and I'm just speculating on their looks.

I get that, I guess you have a point with his/her appearance there. Guess we'll see with the voice. Definitely think it's an original character, though. I don't see it being Ienzo, and I have no doubt in my mind that it's not Xigbar. It just isn't.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I get that, I guess you have a point with his/her appearance there. Guess we'll see with the voice. Definitely think it's an original character, though. I don't see it being Ienzo, and I have no doubt in my mind that it's not Xigbar. It just isn't.

Me neither. I mean, I hope it's an original character.
(Male or female, in the end it's not like I care a lot about that)

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
@Sephiroth0812 The reason I was frustrated about Blaine, is because we have twenty-four original male characters in this series (so pretty much twenty-five, and close to thirty), and haven't even hit the double digits yet when it comes to the girls yet (though we are at nine, I'll admit, and Chi has taken big steps forward with that), and that's a problem.

And a lot of it comes from Nomura's obsession of having two guys-and-one-girl trios. And now it looks like we're going to have two groups of three-guys-and-two-girls (Also, Organization XIII).

Just... Nomura, my love, break tradition every once and awhile! Let the girls outnumber the guys in a group, just for once! It'll be refreshing, and stop the gap from getting even bigger than it already was.

Add all of this on top of the fact that the girls we do have don't nearly get the screentime we deserve--and this series almost solely focuses on guy friendships (with some guy-girl friendship stuff, and absolutely no girl-girl friendship stuff), and it's just annoying.

Though to be clear, I have warmed up to Blaine a lot. He seems quite interesting, and I'm interested to see where this goes. Especially if he is an original character. But I'll be down for it, even if he isn't.

But anyway...

[FONT=&quot]"They're completely overhauling the whole game app, even changed the name and introduced whole new gameplay mechanics, so I'd wager that if they [/FONT]wanted to they could have scrapped the whole "Union"-baggage and introduced something else reflecting the Dandelions being a united group while still somehow keeping the competitive ranking system among wielder parties as a gameplay option intact like i.e. the competitive part just applying in simulated missions or the coliseum." - You are the Kingdom Hearts planner we deserve, Sephiroth. Seriously.

And man, I would kill for someone akin to Stella being the fifth member. Though some people are already theorizing that Skuld is the KH version of Stella, which I could somewhat see:)

...You know, I'm beginning to think that another Keyblade War will happen with the Dandelions, and the theory about there having been multiple ones--and the universe needing one every so often to keep itself in check--is correct.

That, or Sephiroth's idea, that the MoM is trying to create an equal amount of light and darkness to create the X-Blade--even if it doesn't turn into a war for the Dandelions.

Also, wasn't Braig mistranslated as "Bleig" in the original version of KHII, or something like that? Just some food for thought...

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I wonder if the next story update is either the fifth leader, or the new Disney world? (I'm really hoping it's the latter, because at this point, I'm getting really impatient for this surprise that they announced way too early)!

kiri

Ummm... Hi, i'm new here.

The japanese text posted before confuse me a little bit
ブレイン this is Blaine (read Burein)
スクルド this is Skuld (Sukarudo)
グウラ but this one isn't Ven it reads Guura/Gula.

So I wonder if anyone notice it?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

Really? well then, what's Ventus' name supposed to look like in Japanese?

CutiePique

Awards

I thought qbaysan simply wrote the wrong speaker name for that line. The actual text in-game in that scene refers to Ven with the correct kana and text bubbles don't have speaker names written, so the inconsistency wasn't there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back