• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHI Rendition of KH3 Footage

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

When word got out that exclusive raw footage of Kingdom Hearts 3 was shown off at the Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMix Launch Events in Burbank and London, fans everywhere spoke out about their eagerness and excitement, in the hopes of seeing it for themselves. While Square Enix has commented that the footage revealed at the event was intended for the attendees and wouldn't be released online, that didn't stop us from trying to recreate it for everyone!

Thanks to Zephyr, you can view the first of several pieces currently in the works. This is our impression of the study that Sora walked through in the footage. It consists of two levels and is sparsely decorated, with the walls lined with books. A chessboard has been placed on the table, and chess pieces adorned with hearts and crowns line the window seat. A blackboard can also be seen with a distinctive χ symbol written on it. Although it's not shown in the image, the doorway leading into the study had Master Eraqus's symbol plastered above it.

Click to enlarge!

It may not be the most accurate, but we've done our best!

This is where we turn to you, fans! We have a few more pieces currently in the works, but leave us your comments and impressions from what you remember from the event! Let's work together to try and recreate what we can remember! If you've also tried to draw the scenes from the footage, feel free to show it off here on our forums.

If you're interested in reading the full impression of the North American launch event, check out our recap.

zachen

Awards
This is really awesome thanks guys! :3 It's nice to see fans helping recreate the magic of the trailer seeing as square has done a pretty awful job at being fair to everyone!

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
This is really awesome thanks guys! :3 It's nice to see fans helping recreate the magic of the trailer seeing as square has done a pretty awful job at being fair to everyone!

No problem zachen! I'm planning to recreate more scenes from the private trailer as accurate as possible from memory. Maybe other attendees from the event can help as well.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Am I the only one reminded of the old mansion in Twilight Town? Would be interesting if the mansion and the new location in LoD had a connection

great job guys

Antar

Awards
This is an amazing job Zephyr! I find it amazing how bright the light looks when it's actually just the color white.

limit

Wow, now this is amazing, actually trying to recreate the scenes! Reasons we love KHI :D

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
It's been a week now so our memory is a little fuzzy, but hopefully other attendees will see it and be reminded of the event! We can all work together to recreate as much as we can for everyone!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Am I the only one reminded of the old mansion in Twilight Town? Would be interesting if the mansion and the new location in LoD had a connection

Honestly when I saw the library it didn't remind me of Twilight Town's mansion at all. I was reminded more of Radiant Garden's library mixed with LoD's color scheme.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Really cool idea, guys! Can't wait to see the wonderful art people come up with.

It's nice to see fans helping recreate the magic of the trailer seeing as square has done a pretty awful job at being fair to everyone!

Comments like these, however (at least, to me), are pretty unfair towards Square, who gave the fans an amazing event and treated them like VIP's. Sure, this was only for a select group of fans, but no matter.

Last edited:

Zul

Awards
@Zephy after seeing that pic.

DT07Nmj.jpg

And yeah, I get the impression it's a study area in Land of Departure(or possibly RG), a section of the castle(or they turned it into a tower now?) that we didn't visit in BBS.

Last edited:

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Really cool idea, guys! Can't wait to see the wonderful art people come up with.

Comments like these, however (at least, to me), are pretty unfair towards Square, who gave the fans an amazing event and treated them like VIP's. Sure, this was only for a select group of fans, but no matter.

Yeah I agree. I wouldn't say Square Enix is awful because they intended it to be a limited and private event. The footage was more raw than it was like a trailer.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
The mansion in Twilight Town did seem destroyed and had this mysterious aura to it. Maybe it "fell" into Twilight Town from some other world?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The mansion in Twilight Town did seem destroyed and had this mysterious aura to it. Maybe it "fell" into Twilight Town from some other world?

It didn't even remotely look like Twilight Town's library, though. This area was HUGE, and like it could have been a study room ripped out of LoD but it was clearly for this "CT" world.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Absolutely gorgeous Zephyr! Thank you so much for doing this, and I am so sorry you had to publish it before everything was completed :(

Silent hero_

Awards
Cool, it's really nice of you guys to do this for us unlucky fans who couldn't attend the launch events! I think this is a good way to keep us occupied (and KH2.5 HD ofc) until we get some new KH3 footage.

May I ask you how you constructed the image?

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Cool, it's really nice of you guys to do this for us unlucky fans who couldn't attend the launch events! I think this is a good way to keep us occupied (and KH2.5 HD ofc) until we get some new KH3 footage.

May I ask you how you constructed the image?

No problem Silent Hero!

Hmm it's a lot to explain in text but I've done this in Photoshop. I think primarily for the most part, I used the Perspective/Distort free transform tool to make the perspective on the floors and the bookshelves. The lighting can be done with Overlay or Soft Light where you want the light source. The shadows were also done with a Darken layer with some adjusted opacity. I used the eraser tool to smooth out any rough edges. I usually leave the color adjustments last so I can control what kind of shades/hues of certain colors I want.

Silent hero_

Awards
Interesting, I'm not so familiar with photoshop (only used it a couple of times in high school) nor with editing/constructing photos overall, but I would like to learn someday.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Interesting, I'm not so familiar with photoshop (only used it a couple of times in high school) nor with editing/constructing photos overall, but I would like to learn someday.

I hope you will do someday! It would be a really great skill to learn. If possible, I suggest looking into Adobe Photoshop (for editing/drawing/etc.) and Adobe Illustrator (for high quality vector). Adobe should have their CS2 versions available for free on their site; even though it's a really old version but it's better than nothing.

There's also a program called GIMP you can tinker with. It's a free program that functions similarly like Photoshop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back