• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► 2012 Autumn Anime Lineup

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

That... did nothing for me haha. I'll still end up watching it just because it's the most interesting one this season.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Oh jesus here we go.

The animation doesn't look good but I maaaay still watch it.

Yeah. Honestly, I'm more looking forward to what Studio Trigger will do when they get in a position to produce some series. Gainax's future is kinda sketchy right now.

That... did nothing for me haha. I'll still end up watching it just because it's the most interesting one this season.

With the names attached to the series and the concept, I'm incredibly excited for this show (so much that I'll probably be let down, lol).

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
[video=youtube;b_A_wsT5WQE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_A_wsT5WQE[/video]

gettin hype

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
[video=youtube;b_A_wsT5WQE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_A_wsT5WQE[/video]

gettin hype

This is the most excited I have been for this season, but I will hold some back until I actually watch it.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
Why are the guns CG? It doesn't make any sense, just makes me grimace.

Other than that...doesn't look too bad. Could be good.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Shin Sekai Yori - The Literal Weeaboo

(i hope this isn't advertising)

Anyway, yeah, hopping on the whole "blog" bandwagon. Since it doesn't make much sense to post separate impressions both here and there, I'm going to stick with there.

But that doesn't mean we can't still talk about the new season here (obviously)!

For example:

Shin Sekai Yori was the shit, you guys should watch it.

EDIT: Oh, forgot to mention, the site is linked to the image of the badass in blue :3

Last edited:

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
yada yada yada, tonari no kaibutsu-kun was alright, i guess

more importantly

[video=vimeo;50475078]http://vimeo.com/50475078[/video]

i really like this ed (it's actually the op, but whatev), lol

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
Okay then. Currently on my list for this season I have.

Gintama.
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.
Magi
Psycho Pass
Zetsuen no Tempest

Thats what I have watched so far, attempting to give Robotic;Notes a download but it keeps cutting out on me.

All I know so far is that all of the shows I have watched so far have been fantastic.

Gintama has stormed back in with its new season right on form.
JoJo's has a great style to it and I am eager to see how they handle the rest of the sagas.
Magi was a surprising hit. I really enjoyed it and it had a great sense of adventure to it and scenes that had a really good sense of adventure and tension to it that I rarely see in a first episode. Hopefully it holds up, I have heard the manga does.
Psycho Pass was a mixture, whilst I loved everything in terms of the mise-en-scene of it all and it's atmosphere oh my god was brilliant. It was just the characters that fell flat for me. I'm not too big on Amano's style, all I could see was Hitman Reborn characters over and over again and it was offputting for me somewhat. The characters were the weakest link of an otherwise owow holy crap this is awesome first episode.
Zetsuen is probably the weakest show I've seen out of the crop. First episode was great, the soundtrack was brilliant and had good production values but other than that, it was a bit nyeh. Will give it another episode but still.

Other than that, still have Hunter x Hunter and about 20 episodes of Polar Bear cafe to catch up.

Esso

Fire Breaker
Robotics;Notes had a goog enough first episode in my opinion, while not much happened. Though whoever Aki was quoting did make things a bit confusing for a bit (heard that they were from Chaos;Head btw which I had yet to watch cuz of the negative criticism), but didn't seem that important to start with. I probably don't expect this to have as much of an impact as Steins;Gate but hopefully it holds itself together ang gets even better to make a great sci-fi anime on its own.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Alright, let's see if I can rank the shows that I've watched this season. Naturally, something a bit more detailed (and updated based on the latest episodes) will appear on the blog next week; but hey, here's a sneak peak I guess, lol

From "if I could sex it up, I would" best to "I hope the producers get peed on by a dog" worst:

Shin Sekai Yori
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Zetsuen no Tempest
Magi
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
Sukitte Ii na yo
Robotic;Notes
Kami-sama Hajimemashita
K
Jormungand: Perfect Order
PSYCHO-PASS
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
BTOOOM!
Medaka Box: Abnormal
Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankei Nai yo ne!
CODE:BREAKER
Ixion Saga DT
Bakuman. Season 3
Little Busters!
Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb
Hayate the Combat Butler
To Love-Ru Darkness
Aikatsu!
Busou Shinki
Aoi Sekai no Chuushin de
Girls und Panzer

Yep, these lists are still as hard as ever.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
Which subs have you gone for with Shin sekai yori? Looking to go for that now whilst my internet is still alive and kicking.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Been watching UTW's subs. Crunchyroll is simulcasting it as well, but I think it's about 5 days late or so.

Esso

Fire Breaker
Alright, let's see if I can rank the shows that I've watched this season. Naturally, something a bit more detailed (and updated based on the latest episodes) will appear on the blog next week; but hey, here's a sneak peak I guess, lol

From "if I could sex it up, I would" best to "I hope the producers get peed on by a dog" worst:

Shin Sekai Yori
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Zetsuen no Tempest
Magi
Sukitte Ii na yo
Robotic;Notes
Kami-sama Hajimemashita
K
Jormungand: Perfect Order
PSYCHO-PASS
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
BTOOOM!
Medaka Box: Abnormal
Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankei Nai yo ne!
Ixion Saga DT
Bakuman. Season 3
Little Busters!
Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb
Hayate the Combat Butler
To Love-Ru Darkness
Aikatsu!
Busou Shinki
Aoi Sekai no Chuushin de
Girls und Panzer

Yep, these lists are still as hard as ever.

lol Reminds me of of WSJ's manga ranking questionnaires. Deciding on putting Psycho Pass and K on-hold. As much as I like the premise I just can't keep up with so many so shows for now. I will never stall for JoJo though. :) Thinking about rewatching the first three episodes of Shin Sekai Yori before I continue on.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
Currently Watching:
Shin Sekai Yori
Magi
Zetsuen no Tempest
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Sukitte Ii na yo
K
Little Busters!

I am probably dropping Little Busters! though. It has been disappointing. I was not planning to watch this much, but somehow it ended up that way. Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo was a surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back