• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Famitsu Interview with Tetsuya Nomura: KH3, Chi, 3D, and Costumes

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

We discovered earlier today that the upcoming issue of Famitsu Weekly would include a new interview with Director Tetsuya Nomura regarding Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMix, releasing in Japan on October 2nd. However, what we didn't know was that the interview would include new details for Kingdom Hearts 3 as well!

The new issue hasn't been officially released yet, but some details have been provided by blog.hokanko-alt. You can read the translations below, thanks to Zephyr:

Looking beyond the parts other than KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.5 ReMIX:

-It was reported that Co-Director Tai Yasue’s remarks about Frozen being in KINGDOM HEARTS III was miscommunicated and in some cases especially the overseas audience.

-In the new worlds for KINGDOM HEARTS III, the intensity in battles have been increased to be more difficult.

-The conversation between the two mysterious figures is at least 2 minutes long or more.

-Between KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.5 ReMIX and KINGDOM HEARTS III, we would like expand more on KINGDOM HEARTS chi during that time.

-The storyline for KINGDOM HEARTS III and KINGDOM HEARTS chi are being written simultaneously and closely associated with each other.

-They are looking into transitioning Dream Drop Distance to HD, although no plans have been set at present.

-KINGDOM HEARTS III is progressing steadily on schedule.

-We are experiencing difficulties regarding the engine, so instead will be proceeding with scenario writing and world selections. We have also created new costumes for Sora and Riku.

-Concerning Osaka’s development with Sora, if his stats are very high, he seems to be invincible or unrivaled. (Ultimate stats)

-The Keyblade has transformation variations that are approached like the Keyblades in Birth by Sleep.

-Although there are various other things planned other than KINGDOM HEARTS III, there is currently a lot to offer and so forth.

Gram

Banned
Awards
-The storyline for KINGDOM HEARTS III and KINGDOM HEARTS chi are being written simultaneously and closely associated with each other.
Aaaannnnndddd now I wish I could play it. Damn internet speed....and language barrier.

-In relations to the engine, we are having difficulty with creating images for scenario writings and advancing with world selections, and we have created new costumes for Sora and Riku.
Yes~

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Aaaannnnndddd now I wish I could play it. Damn internet speed....and language barrier.

Yeah, unfortunately the game loads like ass the further away from Japan you are, especially if your computer also isn't built for games.

If there's any info you'd like to see from Chi to keep updated, please don't hesitate to ask!

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I knew they weren't working on an HD 3D release, but I don't think it's impossible to happen someday.

Can't wait to actually see these new costumes.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I love how Chi is going to be so much more prevalent in the series. The mythology for Chi is what I'm really interested in and hoping that is what connects to KH3.

NEW OUTFITS, AHHH. Kairi BETTER have one too or I swear...

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I'd like to know who was even confused about Yasue's clearly personal comments about wanting Frozen in KH3 because it does not make sense to me at all why Nomura felt he needed to clarify.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I knew they weren't working on an HD 3D release, but I don't think it's impossible to happen someday.
Weeeellllllll

They said sorta the same thing about 2.5 less than a month before it's announcement.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Edited the bit regarding the engine in the OP.

They're experiencing some difficulties with it so Nomura is focusing on wrapping up the scenario writing and world selection in the meantime.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
The conversation between two mysterious figures, is that referring to the Young Xehanort/Eraqus clip from the 2.5 trailer?

Also, I don't know how I feel about new costumes for Sora and Riku.
I really like their current/KHII attire.

Guess I'll have to see what the new costumes are.
Maybe this just means costumes in-world like Halloween Town?

Not at all surprised that there is no 3DHD.
Interested to see how χ[chi]'s story will develop knowing that it ties into KHIII.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Also, I don't know how I feel about new costumes for Sora and Riku.
I really like their current/KHII attire.

Guess I'll have to see what the new costumes are.
Maybe this just means costumes in-world like Halloween Town?

I always got the impression that even Nomura didn't like his KH2 designs.

He actually confirmed new costumes sometime last year, so it's definitely not just referring to world-specific attire.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
"The conversation between the two mysterious figures is at least 2 minutes long or more."

That is certainly a lot of time given the typical length of a cutscene. I AM SO EXCITED. I LOVE XEHANORT. ;~;

Hopefully they aren't the only ones that get new outfits.

They wouldn't be. He already confirmed last year Kairi was getting new clothes as well. Lea is another obvious choice considering his coat is being used to represent the villains and he's not a villain anymore.

Lea

Awards
Website
joshtominus.com
I love that there are gonna be new costumes! I'm also bummed that there are no plans for a DDD remaster, but I guess that should have been a given.

I like that they're gonna take a bigger focus on Chi though! Does this all but confirm Chi localization?

WhinyAcademic

Awards
I'm actually okay with waiting another year for III if we got an HD PS3 remix of Dream Drop Distance. I mean, we've waited a decade, why not drag it out more, right? Dream Drop Distance was a huge installment for the series as is. Maybe some new content like a Frollo boss battle? Come on, I'm not the only one who still wants to kick his butt, right?

Axel92

Awards
I wonder if they would do something like FFXV creating after a while a 3d HD ReMix and putting the demo of KH3 within it

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I'm assuming/hoping they are going to fix Sora being nearly invincible with "very high" stats :p I suppose that wouldn't really factor into the difficulty being raised a bit, which I am happy to hear :)

But gosh, yeah, they just kind of keep making Chi seem more important everytime they talk about it anymore? If its really going to be that important they almost have to make it available to other countries...in some form anyway.

And yes! I'm glad to hear that Sora and Riku's costumes are done apparently :) Hopefully Kairi and Lea will at least follow suit. Kind of think if Xion becomes her own person she at least deserves one too.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Edited the bit regarding the engine in the OP.

They're experiencing some difficulties with it so Nomura is focusing on wrapping up the scenario writing and world selection in the meantime.
I feel like this poor man cannot catch a break with his games lately. xD

He already confirmed last year Kairi was getting new clothes as well. Lea is another obvious choice considering his coat is being used to represent the villains and he's not a villain anymore.
I don't even remember that bit about Kairi... YAY.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Turn down the graphics, lower the resolution, remove anti-aliasing, anything. We've gotta have good gameplay, everything else is a plus.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
-We are experiencing difficulties regarding the engine, so instead will be proceeding with scenario writing and world selections. We have also created new costumes for Sora and Riku.

Oh for the love of God!!

Can't wait to actually see these new costumes.

I'd like to know who was even confused about Yasue's clearly personal comments about wanting Frozen in KH3 because it does not make sense to me at all why Nomura felt he needed to clarify.

Weeeellllllll

They said sorta the same thing about 2.5 less than a month before it's announcement.

This.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back