• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Editorial ► Will Toy Story finally be coming to Kingdom Hearts?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Toy Story is one of the most requested worlds for the Kingdom Hearts series. Various fan lists place Toy Story as one of the top 10 Disney fanchises they would like to see in the Kingdom Hearts series. But will our dream finally come true in Kingdom Hearts III?

Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix presented the first opportunity for a cross-over between the Disney and Pixar worlds. Data found inside the game disk shows that very basic models for Woody and Buzz had been constructed. While this disappointed fans, it seemed to heavily suggest that Pixar worlds were on their way into Kingdom Hearts!

In June 2010, series creator Tetsuya Nomura gave an interview in which he was questioned about the inclusion of Pixar worlds in the fan-favourite Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance].

"I am aware of the fan requests for Pixar characters. I will do my best. Maybe one day Pixar characters will be featured in the Kingdom Hearts series."

For a long time, Nomura has been aware of the fans cries for a Pixar world. But would our hopes and dreams match Nomura's reality? Would we get a Cars when we wanted the Incredibles? Only time could tell.

Unfortunately for Kingdom Hearts, the opportunity to be the first console game to be a collaboration between Disney and Pixar works was given to the recently released Disney Infinity. Although Kingdom Hearts missed this honour, it has made it easier for a potential crossover between the two worlds.

After the release of Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance], Tetsuya Nomura gave an interview in the Ultimania where he once again commented on the inclusion of Pixar properties

"I wish and wish, but I’ve wanted for a long time to have Pixar titles appear in the series. I’m already working on many ideas, but I can’t say whether they will become a reality or not."

It's been a long road of wishful hoping from both fans and Nomura, but it appears that our years of patient waiting may finally pay off. Earlier today, a brand new Kingdom Hearts III clip was shown to a private screening room at the D23 Expo Japan. While there was no photography or video allowed, fans were able to tweet their impressions from the trailer once the event had ended.

One such tweet caught peoples eyes. The tweet, originally posted by  and translated by SQEXGAL read;

On the scene where Sora wields 2 guns, it seems that the guns are related to an attraction with the little green men.

Fans were excited to hear about these "little green men". Who are they? What Disney property do they come from? SQEXGAL tweeted again in relation to the Japanese used in the original tweet;

リトルグリーンメン is what the little green men in Toy Story are called officially in Japanese, so maybe we have Toy Story confirmed. Maybe.

It seems our time for a Pixar world is coming, and what better way to introduce Pixar to the worlds of Kingdom Hearts than through Toy Story! Do you think a full on Toy Story world is coming soon, or is this just a mini-game in Traverse Town (after all, it appears that Sora revisits Traverse Town and there's a parade going on with lots of Disney references - such as Captain Hooks ship from Peter Pan!)

We'll have more on this story when the official trailer is released, or we get our first glimpse at the world. Until then, why not join our forums and come discuss the recently released Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- and the upcoming Kingdom Hearts III!

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I'm not a hardcore Toy Story fan but I'd be happy if it was included in some way. Doesn't even have to be a full blown world, but some recognition in the series would be nice.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'm not a hardcore Toy Story fan but I'd be happy if it was included in some way. Doesn't even have to be a full blown world, but some recognition in the series would be nice.
I'm happy with just a toy soldier cameo in Traverse Town, but I would be 100% blown away by a full world. Really, from the impressions we got tonight from the trailer, it sounds like Toy Story would fit in really well in KH3 c:

SORA619

Awards
I really wanna see the toy story world on the third one. But I don't like what they are doing with the trailer. Fans have been waiting many years and they made it private? I can't understand SE's stuff minds at all...

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I really wanna see the toy story world on the third one. But I don't like what they are doing with the trailer. Fans have been waiting many years and they made it private? I can't understand SE's stuff minds at all...
The private trailers aren't uncommon to Kingdom Hearts fans. For the first few years, all the Birth by Sleep and 358/2 Days trailers were shown in closed mega theatres.

However, if Nomura's word is to be believed, we should be able to see the KHIII clip soon in his conversation with creators video.

SORA619

Awards
The private trailers aren't uncommon to Kingdom Hearts fans. For the first few years, all the Birth by Sleep and 358/2 Days trailers were shown in closed mega theatres.

However, if Nomura's word is to be believed, we should be able to see the KHIII clip soon in his conversation with creators video.

Yes, I know that but still after that many years I think we should see the first trailers at least. I don't know it' just that it is the KH we all have been waiting for. Do we know if the trailer was official gameplay or something like the previous one?

rockram198

Website
www.facebook.com
Traverse Town and Twilight Town

Sounds great :) Pixar should be in KH but the stories would have to be relevant to KH's plot themes.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: Traverse Town and Twilight Town

I know this is nitpicking and I know it's not THAT important, but all the same there's usually a bit of confusion/misrepresentation in certain articles relating to Twilight/Traverse town. Hope this can be resolved so as not to create any more *minor* confusion.
Unfortunately we can't justify if it's one world or the other right now until we get concrete proof. For now, I'm leaving it as Traverse Town because a trusted translator told us this.

rockram198

Website
www.facebook.com
Re: Traverse Town and Twilight Town

A thousand pardons. I was actually wrong about the whole thing after not reading it thoroughly enough. Have removed my mistake. Boy you're quick though, nice one :)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Toy Story is actually rather easy to weave into KH's plot themes, especially with all that "everything can grow/have a heart"-theme KH has. The main characters are fucking toys and if Data-Sora and Tron can grow a heart they can surely do the same, giving even more credibility to the claim.

rockram198

Website
www.facebook.com
I agree. Toy Story would fit perfectly. I'm just glad I'm not the one who has to write KH into it :D One thing I might ask though is: what exactly did this new unseen trailer showcase? Or is it anyone's guess? I wonder if they'll release it to the public at some point.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
at the very least there gonna cameo in sme form
like stitch did in kh2 and that all i need

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I agree. Toy Story would fit perfectly. I'm just glad I'm not the one who has to write KH into it :D One thing I might ask though is: what exactly did this new unseen trailer showcase? Or is it anyone's guess? I wonder if they'll release it to the public at some point.

As of now, we can only refer to the tweets just as posted in the other thread for everything related to this trailer. I believe the trailer itself will be made public in due time, but right now, all we can do is imagine and visualise how those words would translate into what was shown in that private screening.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Literally the only problem I have with Toy Story being a world is if they decide to give SDG a "toy" makeover. Sora would look fine, but mother of God can you imagine what Donald and Goofy would look like as shiny plastic figures? Don't know about you guys, but it looks creepy in my mind.

But I guess that's what the Kingdom Shader will be for. To make them visually fit with the world properly.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
while toy story isnt The main Pixar film iI want to see, cough.incredible.cough, i still wouldn't mind seeing it

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
It would be nice for a Pixar film to get a mention in before this saga ends. Toy Story is a good one to go for, that obviously Nomura's wanted to squeeze in since II. It's a perfectly viable option.

Zven

Out of all Pixar movies Toy Story is by far the one I'd love to see. WALL-E would be sweet too.

saintfighteraqua

Awards
Toy Story is the only Pixar movie I can imagine doing well as a stand alone world. Cars would be too awkward, maybe a mini game world or references in the "parade". I know a lot of people like Up, but I can't help but feel it wouldn't work in KH, not a main entry anyway where they need to focus on the best and most varied Disney worlds. That's also why I'd say no to Nemo and Monsters Inc. The worlds are awesome but they are too similar to what's gone before (Atlantica and then dressing up as monsters in Halloween town.) I wouldn't be against these worlds, I just think the places are better reserved for more classic Disney and some of Disney's less known films like Return to Oz.
My most wanted worlds in no order are:
Pocahontas, Return to Oz/Oz the Graet and Powerful, (A better Hunchback world maybe), A return to Dwarf Woodlands, Castle of Dreams and Enchanted Dominion, more Pooh or another similar storybook world...maybe a new data world,
Emperor's New Groove (Even though I'm not a huge fan of the film, I think Kuzco and Yzma would be hilarious in the KH universe, imagine Yzma and Donald interacting).

What I do not want to see: Another lengthy Agrabah level, unless it truly moves Aladdin's story forward. I'll even take the third film where he meets his father...just no more backtracking through Cave of wonders!)
The same areas from Wonderland (or most worlds that were done twice already).

AanZku

i really love pixar... But I still don't think it would suit in kingdom hearts. If they appear as summons or some minigame sidekicks, that would be fine. But I don't think, that the whole Pixar based world would work that well. Instead I would Like to see jungle book (imagine sora or Riku wearing tiny Tarzan outfits~) or maybe Pocahonthas or treasure planet. Wow, Balthier from final fantasy XII would so fit on that world!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back