• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS: CHAIN OF MEMORIES Manga Cover Revealed!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

The KINGDOM HEARTS manga omnibuses will be released soon by Yen Press, but on June 25th the KINGDOM HEARTS: CHAIN OF MEMORIES omnibus that collects the original two volumes will go on sale at bookstores across the United States. Below is the new sleek cover of the manga, so don't miss out on picking up a copy to make your KINGDOM HEARTS collection complete! Also, do not forget to pre-order the rest of the KINGDOM HEARTS manga series!

KINGDOM HEARTS: CHAIN OF MEMORIES
Page Count: 432
Price: $19 USD
Release Date: June 25th 2013

The ultra-popular worlds of Disney and Final Fantasy collide once again in this sequel to thefirst Kingdom Hearts series! Sora, Donald, and Goofy seek King Mickey and Riku, from whom they were separated when closing and locking the door to Kingdom Hearts. In search of their friends, the group unexpectedly finds itself at Castle Oblivion, where memories are freely manufactured, manipulated, and even deleted! Can Sora and his companions defeat the castle's mastermind before they forget the reason for their journey in the first place?!

Barnes & Noble | Amazon | RightStuf

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Ever exciting is the manga news that trickles in! I adored the CoM manga cover art back then, and it's still some of the most clean and polished cover art I've seen for the series.

Dat grey h is bugging me a little though.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The grey H is so weird! I love the CoM artwork. I'm sad that it is only one volume so we don't get the Riku artwork. I'd love if they humored us and put it in as a colored page inside xD

Rydgea

Awards
Website
backloggery.com
lol Grey H. What does it meeean? [/doublerainbow]

Yes, hopefully they'll give us the double page spread showing off the Soul Eater and Mickey. The CoM covers remind me of a cel taken from animation. I love 'em.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Ahh nice choice for the logo Yen Press. Makes the cover feel more sleek.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I too was hoping for the Riku cover, but Amano's Sora is so cheerful and endearing xD

I love how this is the year of KH manga, what with Yen Press' publications and the monthly wallpapers. It's really fantastic~

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I'll be getting the KH1 volumes but I already have both CoM's so I don't know if I'll be getting this and I do agree that grey H is a little odd.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
But they grey H was always there, at least on the first volumne. I'm also more a fan of the cover for the Reverse/Rebirth story though.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
It sucks they didn't use the Riku and Namine cover. That one definitely suits CoM more than this, but yay for manga news! Really excited.

Rydgea

Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Yeah the Naminé / Riku art really better encapsulates CoM's plot, but you gotta love some SDG antics~

Yeah, I like the Riku art better but I'm just glad they are bringing the manga back so I'm fine with any cover art.

So true.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Yeah, I like the Riku art better but I'm just glad they are bringing the manga back so I'm fine with any cover art.

Preach! I'm so happy that they're releasing them so quickly after one another as well~

Now to nag them about the novels 8D

Rydgea

Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Also, so nice to see we can gather most of the previously released series within a couple of months! So much better than waiting till the Fall or 2014 like initially thought. @__@

Now to nag them about the novels 8D

:O

Is there a specific campaign or hashtag we can spam SE's Twitter with? (#localizethenovels)

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Also, so nice to see we can gather most of the previously released series within a couple of months! So much better than waiting till the Fall or 2014 like initially thought. @__@

:O

Is there a specific campaign or hashtag we can spam SE's Twitter with? (#localizethenovels)

I've only seen it mentioned in passing, and mostly here on KHI. It'd be great if we came up with a quick and witty hashtag though!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
But they grey H was always there, at least on the first volumne. I'm also more a fan of the cover for the Reverse/Rebirth story though.

Not in North America. The manga had the game Chain of Memories logo in the Tokyopop print.

wg-kingdom-hearts-chain-of-memories-1.jpg

But apparently this "new" is the cover used in Europe so I guess it makes sense for North America to get the same.

Rydgea

Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Interesting, I've never seen those European covers before. I was just wondering what meaning was behind that aesthetic choice. I guess it's just, liek, way too avant-garde for my ocd to handle. (It's really not a big deal.) :)

Sign said:
I've only seen it mentioned in passing, and mostly here on KHI. It'd be great if we came up with a quick and witty hashtag though!

Yes, yes. Cogs turning.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
#turnthenovelsintoenglishorfacethewrathofamillionfans

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
It sucks they didn't use the Riku and Namine cover. That one definitely suits CoM more than this, but yay for manga news! Really excited.

I've always really liked that cover. I'm sad that it wasn't used, especially considering how much Riku and Namine get to shine.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

It would be great if the artwork was integrated somewhere in the manga... as a separate colored page at the least?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back