• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

13 vessels of darkness

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
I kinda like the idea of Ansem and Xemnas not coming back. DDD made them far from interesting. (master Xehanort too) I'd be kinda bummed not to see young Xehanort again though.

I don't mind seeing them again. I just think that the ambiguity in the description of the new organization members and the way time travel works and the fact that there are so many things that everyone is speculating, that maybe it's not at all what everyone thinks.

Anagram

Banned
I don't mind seeing them again. I just think that the ambiguity in the description of the new organization members and the way time travel works and the fact that there are so many things that everyone is speculating, that maybe it's not at all what everyone thinks.

Personally I quite trying to figure those things out a while ago. All that matters to me is what villains are actually still interesting.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I would be cautious when dismissing Luxord as weak though as he was one of the last Organisation members standing together with only Saix and Xemnas himself in KH 2.

If Luxord was meant to be presented as strong then KH2 did an awful job on that.

Samhain

Bronze Member
Xaldin should be a vessel

He was loyal to the organization, and to Xehanort. He sure as hell didn't want a heart, and the guy is one evil bastard. He was one of the original apprentices. He was very emotionless just like Saix. Interesting.

Narxus

I wonder if any of the thirteen vessels will be other original Xehanort's from his past, like Young Xehanort? Like, will we get Xehanort when he was training alongside Eraqus, or Xehanort from when he first became a Master, or some other point in his life? I mean, is there anything saying that the remaining characters absolutely have to be people possessed by Xehanort? Granted, it would be something of a cop-out to fill the remaining seats in such a way, but still I must admit it would be very fascinating to see Xehanort at various points of his life in between really young and really frikkin old

Samhain

Bronze Member
I wonder if any of the thirteen vessels will be other original Xehanort's from his past, like Young Xehanort? Like, will we get Xehanort when he was training alongside Eraqus, or Xehanort from when he first became a Master, or some other point in his life? I mean, is there anything saying that the remaining characters absolutely have to be people possessed by Xehanort? Granted, it would be something of a cop-out to fill the remaining seats in such a way, but still I must admit it would be very fascinating to see Xehanort at various points of his life in between really young and really frikkin old
The way I see it Is that MX is the leader of the Organization, thus he is the strongest...so I really doubt they'll recruit MX in his prime years as a Keyblade Master, because he can easily over shadow MX IMO.

Regardless this is how I see the 13 Xehanort's thus far:
MX
Xemnas
ASoD
YMX
Vanitas
Saix
Xigbar
Braig
Xaldin
Vexen
Riku Replica
???
????

Xigbar and Braig are both part of the Organization. In KH DDD we see "Xigbar" with his long hair, grey streaks and ponytail....but we see "Braig" in the secret ending of KH 2.5. Hmm.

Narxus

The way I see it Is that MX is the leader of the Organization, thus he is the strongest...so I really doubt they'll recruit MX in his prime years as a Keyblade Master, because he can easily over shadow MX IMO.

Regardless this is how I see the 13 Xehanort's thus far:
MX
Xemnas
ASoD
YMX
Vanitas
Saix
Xigbar
Braig
Xaldin
Vexen
Riku Replica
???
????

Xigbar and Braig are both part of the Organization. In KH DDD we see "Xigbar" with his long hair, grey streaks and ponytail....but we see "Braig" in the secret ending of KH 2.5. Hmm.

A) Good point concerning prime Xehanort, B) also good point concerning Braig and Xigbar. Another idea supporting this is that it is more than likely that Terra-Xehanort will be a part of this, and considering Xemnas is one of the members, it's pretty much the same deal. Also, if both Braig and Xigbar are present, could the same be said for both Saïx and Isa?

Olympian

A) Good point concerning prime Xehanort, B) also good point concerning Braig and Xigbar. Another idea supporting this is that it is more than likely that Terra-Xehanort will be a part of this, and considering Xemnas is one of the members, it's pretty much the same deal. Also, if both Braig and Xigbar are present, could the same be said for both Saïx and Isa?

I think only Isa is a part of the 13 vessels as unlike Braig he wasn't a willing member. Re:Coded's new secret ending implies that Braig kidnapped him. Saix was never in on the nortification plan so I doubt he would be among them.

Samhain

Bronze Member
I forgot about Terra-Xehanort, but I really don't think he'll be a "Terra-Xehanort" anymore because MX is back.

Wait, forgot about the time travel. Hmm, actually because Terra-Xehanort was only alive for such a small time and immediately after he got Terra's body he was KO'd by LW and lost half of his memories by that point I don't know how he'd time travel with YX. No, I think Terra is part of the Organization but nortified. Basically I think we'll see a brown hair Terra again, but with pointy ears and yellow eyes. No silver hair though because Xehanort hasn't full corrupted him...

I think when "Xehanort" reformed that means it split into their original bodies...so MX got his body back, and Terra got his body back. Problem? I think MX anticipated this as usual, and immediately planted a seed into Terra, and thus slowly corrupting him...so it makes since which why MX said he's part of his seekers of darkness.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Wait, forgot about the time travel. Hmm, actually because Terra-Xehanort was only alive for such a small time and immediately after he got Terra's body he was KO'd by LW and lost half of his memories by that point I don't know how he'd time travel with YX. No, I think Terra is part of the Organization but nortified. Basically I think we'll see a brown hair Terra again, but with pointy ears and yellow eyes. No silver hair though because Xehanort hasn't full corrupted him...
Ansem wasn't around for a long time, either; granted, there's obviously a big difference between how long the two of them have kept hold over their respective vessels, but I think the important thing is that they had their place in the flow of time from which YX could yank them out of.

My current list so far:

Terra-Xehanort (Present, in the form of MX)
Terra-Xehanort (past)
Young Xehanort
Riku-Ansem/Ansem SoD
Young Riku (past, after leaving DI)
Terra (past, when he still liked MX)
Xemnas
Saix
Xigbar
Xaldin
Vexen
AtW/DiZ
Vanitas

Young Riku, Terra, and AtW are probably the ones that would beget the most questioning. I think the most important quality for a vessel to have is a shared desire with MX. In that sense, MX would use desire as a bridge into someone's heart. Both Riku and Terra desired power, and AtW desired understanding, all three examples particularly in relation to darkness, hence the term, "Seekers of Darkness."

Young Riku and Terra are characters susceptible to darkness, and therefore susceptible to MX; this might be primarily speculative, but I don't think either Riku or Terra can be swayed by a five-minute history lesson in the present in the same way that they can't change their pasts as vulnerable and naive people.

Samhain

Bronze Member
Ansem wasn't around for a long time, either; granted, there's obviously a big difference between how long the two of them have kept hold over their respective vessels, but I think the important thing is that they had their place in the flow of time from which YX could yank them out of.

My current list so far:

Terra-Xehanort (Present, in the form of MX)
Terra-Xehanort (past)
Young Xehanort
Riku-Ansem/Ansem SoD
Young Riku (past, after leaving DI)
Terra (past, when he still liked MX)
Xemnas
Saix
Xigbar
Xaldin
Vexen
AtW/DiZ
Vanitas

Young Riku, Terra, and AtW are probably the ones that would beget the most questioning. I think the most important quality for a vessel to have is a shared desire with MX. In that sense, MX would use desire as a bridge into someone's heart. Both Riku and Terra desired power, and AtW desired understanding, all three examples particularly in relation to darkness, hence the term, "Seekers of Darkness."

Young Riku and Terra are characters susceptible to darkness, and therefore susceptible to MX; this might be primarily speculative, but I don't think either Riku or Terra can be swayed by a five-minute history lesson in the present in the same way that they can't change their pasts as vulnerable and naive people.
Braig and Xigbar are both in the organization.
KH DDD & the secret ending of 2.5 shows us that.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Braig and Xigbar are both in the organization.
KH DDD & the secret ending of 2.5 shows us that.

The sad thing is that I finally ended up watching the ending a good 20 minutes after I posted that. With that new knowledge in mind, I'd probably switch out Terra-Xehanort (past) and AtW/DiZ with Braig-Xehanort and Isa-Xehanort.

EmaKey

I don't get a few things However. In 3D , xemnas Talks about the old organization dividing into 3 different categories the "fails " . Weakness of trust ( probably Larxene and Marluxia ), Weakness of will ( Roxas and Axel maybe ) and Weakness of body... About this last category i can't understand how Lexaeus is weak cause of the body. I can understand Zexion ( since without illusions he is nothing ) but really, LEXAEUS?? How???? According to me it will be like:

1) MX
2 ) Xemnas
3 ) Ansem SoD
4 ) Xigbar
5 ) Isa
6 ) YX
7 ) Braig
8 ) Vanitas
9 ) Terranort
10 ) Riku Replica ( or the one in DDD )
11 ) Vexen
12 ) Xaldin
13 ) Meant to be Sora. Dunno what they will pick up

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Lexaeus' weakness is most likely of being kinda dead and not of one of the three categories Xemnas listed (he's certainly not body, anyway.) What I don't get is weakness of will. I mean, wouldn't someone who's weak-willed be easier to control and take over? Strength of will being an issue would've made more sense.

Last edited:

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Lexaeus' weakness is most likely of being kinda dead and not of one of the three categories Xemnas listed (he's certainly not body, anyway.) What I don't get is weakness of will. I mean, wouldn't someone who's weak-willed be easier to control and take over? Strength of will being an issue would've made more sense.

Maybe he mean weakness of will to stay true to the organization. Like Roxas lacked the will to stay with the Organization mission.

Olympian

Maybe he mean weakness of will to stay true to the organization. Like Roxas lacked the will to stay with the Organization mission.

Isn't that the same thing as weakness of trust. Perhaps he meant weakness of will in regards to darkness, Lexaeus was destroyed by Ansem SOD (after he temporarily possessed Riku) rather quickly. So He was probably not considered worthy as he lost to darkness.

EmaKey

So how is Vexen there. I know its Not certain but his conditions were unstable such as Xaldin. And Vexen is for sure Not top tier in terms of strenght, he maybe is the weakest of the mid tier org 13

Hobbe

Why is Terranort absent from some lists? He's a unique version of Xehanort (being the whole of two other forms), arguably his most powerful form, and controllable by the most future Xehanort.

Samhain

Bronze Member
Why is Terranort absent from some lists? He's a unique version of Xehanort (being the whole of two other forms), arguably his most powerful form, and controllable by the most future Xehanort.
It's possible but Nomura seems to hate that Xehanort. His most loved form is MX, and Terranort is not his most powerful form. MX is the most powerful Xehanort in the entire series (thus far, canon wise)

The reason I believe Terranort is not one of the 13 darknesses is
A) How would the time travel fit for him? He was only in BBS so little, and with that time...well...he already got KO'd to Radiant Garden by the Lingering Will, and then fought Aqua
B) Because MX is back in his original form I believe Terra returned to his normal self too. Problem? MX anticipated this, and quickly planted a seed in him thus slowly controlling Terra...so it would be the brown haired Terra with yellow eyes and pointy ears. Just a suggestion
C) He IS one of the dark nesses and will be the final boss of KH3

Hobbe

Option A is a fair point. There really wasn't a good time for the Robed Figure to arrive and talk to non-amnesiac Terranort because non-amnesiac Terranort had his hands full at all times, if I'm remembering correctly. Good call.

Option B is valid as well, but it raises a few questions. Is Terra controlled with a heart seed the same as being a full-out Terranort? Or does the absence of Xehanort's main heart make them different types of beings altogether? I may be looking to deep on that. But it also raises the question of whether or not Xehanort can leave a seed in Terra during the recompletion process. Would Xemnas' new heart+seed combo stay with Terra's body in recompletion, leaving him totally damned?

Option C might piss a lot of people off but I could see that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back