• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I'm so tired of this argument. You can beat KH2 in less than 3 hours, people have done it, but thats not what we're comparing. What does a blind, first time playthrough look like?

Considering they spent most of their time jumping around and idling, it looks like the game could be less than 20 hours. Absolutely it would take more for a first time KH1 playthrough

And what I was saying is I DONT CARE.

The game only being 10 hours wouldn't anger me. Call me a fanboy all you like but I don't care.

Also I do believe cutscenes have always counted toward the actual time played stat as well. Or at least it always seems that way to me. I'll have to test that.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
KH2 ain’t it, fam. It’s a great game but it isn’t the best in the series. It’s got a junky story with a lot of stuff that makes no sense. I get liking it based on its gameplay because it is the most polished game released yet (at least until KH3), but the story is a mess from start to finish. If that is the pinnacle for the brother, jeez. I don’t value that opinion at all.

notnow123487

Awards
He commented on the coliseum. no tournaments and didn’t acknowledge if the coliseum is even there at all.

Also he said they did at least 6-7 hours of side content.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
So the brother ranked KH3 below freaking CoM on GBA.
Let's be reasonable. It was never going to be as good as CoM.

I've read the spoilers and, eh. If the big one turns out to be true, I'll feel vindicated in the saddest way. I'm not expecting the game to deliver at this point. Given that Radiant Garden's chances are pretty much nil at this point, I can say I am officially disappointed by the world lineup. To me, if you're telling a competent story, you don't diddly something like that up. But it is what it is.

There's still the epilogue and the secret ending. Maybe all the payoff is packed in there, like a Blank Points special surprise.

Squood!

seibah
Awards
Wait, people are treating these guys opinions as if they're fact or something?
url
DMC-4-Gif-devil-may-cry-30450206-500-500.gif

Although I will admit that no coliseummakes me a bit sad. Ah well.

notnow123487

Awards
The leakers opinion is out there too. He’s said his opinion isn’t that much better than the brother’s and he retracts his game of the year statement. They both seem to hate the ending.

Squood!

seibah
Awards
The leakers opinion is out there too. He’s said his opinion isn’t that much better than the brother’s and he retracts his game of the year statement. They both seem to hate the ending.
Yeesh. Y'know, thinking about all that's transpired, this really is the biggest monkey's paw ever.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
What could have happened that would make them hate the ending? Something big must have happened in the end that could have altered the KH universe.

notnow123487

Awards
Yeesh. Y'know, thinking about all that's transpired, this really is the biggest monkey's paw ever.

His opinion is basically that it’s a solid game, but any fan that has been waiting a long time for this game is going to be very disappointed from lack of content and the endgame.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Hah, the fact that the true ending and secret ending aren't on disk means leakers would never be satisfied. I knew the payoff would come at literally the very end. Also, the way Nomura said it, "epilogue", there may even be another playable boss or something not on disk. Meaning that that lack of payoff is what they deserve. watch them change their opinion after that download drops LMFAO!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Checks out with how Nomura was trying to warn us in May lmao. I'm still reserving judgement for when I go hands on and how the ending reacts with me.

But man, this has all drained me. It's a million degrees down here (well, 35-37 celsius today), I'm dehydrated and hot, I'm exhausted, I've been the only person moderating on here today so I just wanted this to be over but then they dropped this on us and now people are raising what they said like its the messiah and I'm almost over it lmao. I'd log off if I weren't the only one stuck here moderating.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
What could have happened that would make them hate the ending? Something big must have happened in the end that could have altered the KH universe.
My guess is they did the opposite and minimized everything that's transpired in order to establish the X storyline as the real plot all along.

Darvandark

Honestly I don't think the game needs to have a ridiculous game length. That's one of the things I loved about Spiderman and God of War. I was able to sit through the whole game and enjoy it. I have always had difficulty finishing a game, either because of life or another game popping up. So 40+ expectations just for story would have been difficult for me. While I would have loved to play for longer and enjoyed more of that world. More time does not mean better.

Just look at Persona 5 (I love that game don't get me wrong) a lot of that game is grind and waiting. Now they made that a lot of fun, but because I didn't spend any extra time grinding in that game the ending became more difficult to get to. Artificially inflating a game time by requiring grinding is not my idea of a good time.

Basing the hours of the brothers seems a little iffy. Yeah they did some side quests but I feel a need to stress the some. There is still plenty to do. 28% can be a lot. Especially if what's left is mini games, bosses, synthesis, keyblades, etc. Most of those may only count if you actually complete them. That could be a surprising amount of play.

As for the ranking? Many of those have been placed on glorious pearly pedestals. We've had time to love those games in spite of some of their flaws. To know every little detail about them. To understand every secret, every question, every answer. Even Chain of Memories, a game I have unfortunately never finished due to my distaste for the card system, has a special place in people's hearts for it's stories and characters. Take a look at anyone's ranking for this series and you will see a large variety. Especially since some games aren't even on that list.

Leaferian

Awards
Lmfao. Leaker's brother said, and I quote, "It was like getting everything I wanted and it tasted great, but it wasn't enough." So it was great and exactly what was expected, but I guess he wanted more on top of that? Also one of his major complaints seems to be that there are no data boss fights like the OrgXIII postgame fights from KH2 FM. He seems to mention that a lot.

DreamWeilder03

Shame how there's no more Disney worlds left to be revealed. Must be saving the others for future installments. Guess we'll have to wait and see if films like Princess and the Frog, Treasure Planet, Moana and Atlantis will make it into the next saga. On the plus side, the worlds will be much bigger with more content as well as more things to do for each one.
As for Links/Summons, are there any new ones that have yet to be revealed besides, Stitch, Wreck it Ralph, Ariel and Meow Wow?
Hoping for at least a Peter Pan link.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
So both of them were dissapointed with this game? Ever since this this evening started I've been hearing nothing but negatives from the leakers and the fans (mostly just more dividing and arguments that didn't really need to happen). I was seriously laughing with hysteria when I thought you-know-who was you-know-what. This whole thing turned out to be nothing but confusing and an utterly dissapointing experience. I regret ever caving in and witnessing this whole trainwreck, lol. But it's in the past now I suppose, and it was my choice, so I can live with it.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Lmfao. Leaker's brother said, and I quote, "It was like getting everything I wanted and it tasted great, but it wasn't enough." So it was great and exactly what was expected, but I guess he wanted more on top of that? Also one of his major complaints seems to be that there are no data boss fights like the OrgXIII postgame fights from KH2 FM. He seems to mention that a lot.
Over the last few months, I've found myself less likely to trust the tastes of someone who just wants a carbon copy of KH2FM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back