• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nomura confirms Kingdom Hearts 3 will have less worlds then Kingdom Hearts 2

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonicfan2525

Awards
Is a Spirited Away world possible?

Afraid not. Spirited Away is a Ghibli property. Disney only licensed the film for a theatrical and DVD/Blu-ray release here in the west. Plus GKIDS just bought the rights to every Ghibli film, including the ones that Disney owned, so that takes away whatever incredibly small chance it did have.

Last edited:

horto12485

Awards
Well let's see

Worlds confirmed so Far...

Twilight Town(Original World)

Hercules(Disney World)-Mt Olympus

Tangled(Disney World)-Kingdom of Corona

Big Hero 6(Disney/Marvel World)-San Fransokyo

and

Toy Story(Disney/Pixar World)-Andy's Room/Galaxy Toys

Here's what i want for the Remainder worlds before the Release

Original Worlds

Radiant Garden

Cable Town

Keyblade Graveyard(Maybe this is where the Final Battle Takes place)

Shibuya(If we see Neku and his Friends Again)

Destiny Island(We don't know if it's going to be a Cutscene World or a Playable World one might never know)

Daybreak Town

Remaining Disney Worlds i want

Atlantis the Lost Empire

Wreck it Ralph

Frozen

The Jungle Book

Treasure Planet

Emperor's New Groove

Aladdin and the King of Thieves

Habimaru

Afraid not. Spirited Away is a Ghibli property. Disney only licensed the film for a theatrical and DVD/Blu-ray release here in the west. Plus GKIDS just bought the rights to every Ghibli film, including the ones that Disney owned, so that takes away whatever incredibly small chance it did have.
Actually, not even in "the west". Most countries in europe have other license holders

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I think another reason that people missed out upon regarding the Disney worlds in Kingdom Hearts III is the drive transformations. Every Keyblade seems to have a drive transformation attached to it, and most Keyblade's are acquired through travelling to different Disney worlds. Having just as many Disney worlds as Kingdom Hearts II may have meant that there's way too drive forms for Sora, and you can only be so creative.

kingsoraful

Awards
Welp now that the full interview is out it's confirmed he was talking about Disney worlds. Which means we're looking at 10-11 total Disney worlds for KH2.

So there's still 6-7 worlds left to be revealed.

ghostwarmen

Awards
Welp now that the full interview is out it's confirmed he was talking about Disney worlds. Which means we're looking at 10-11 total Disney worlds for KH2.

So there's still 6-7 worlds left to be revealed.
I would be very okay with 10-11 Disney worlds. And if majority are new, that is incredible.

Pou92

Well let's see

Worlds confirmed so Far...

Twilight Town(Original World)

Hercules(Disney World)-Mt Olympus

Tangled(Disney World)-Kingdom of Corona

Big Hero 6(Disney/Marvel World)-San Fransokyo

and

Toy Story(Disney/Pixar World)-Andy's Room/Galaxy Toys

Here's what i want for the Remainder worlds before the Release

Original Worlds

Radiant Garden

Cable Town

Keyblade Graveyard(Maybe this is where the Final Battle Takes place)

Shibuya(If we see Neku and his Friends Again)

Destiny Island(We don't know if it's going to be a Cutscene World or a Playable World one might never know)

Daybreak Town

Remaining Disney Worlds i want

Atlantis the Lost Empire

Wreck it Ralph

Frozen

The Jungle Book

Treasure Planet

Emperor's New Groove

Aladdin and the King of Thieves

For the 999th time, Marvel doesn't own the rights of Disney BH6 movie.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I just really hope the next world reveal reaffirms that Nomura & co. have been selective and critical with themselves about this process. I get Toy Story because sometimes mutual creator-audience demand trumps good sense and timing, but ~hype~ ought to come secondary to substance. Rote nostalgia and pandering aren't going to cut it: I remember when BBS was coming out and the worlds they revealed weren't exactly shaking the fandom up, but they all more or less made sense and followed a common motif-- the Princess worlds in particular gave the community an immediate sense of the logic of the game and how to formulate ideas about it. That's a lot more appealing to me than a Big Popular Title that has either no apparent conceptual relationship with the game or a really facile one.

Also, "depth" and expansion of each world has the potential to cut both ways. If a world ends up being super boring or unappealing, we're stuck there for a much longer period of time; I kind of preferred knowing that if a world made it into a game which I didn't particularly care for, I could blast through it and be done with it and focus on the Disney aesthetics that actually worked for me. Previous games seemed pretty equal opportunity in this regard; unfortunately, the way Nomura has been framing the process for KH3, it seems like Disney has decided to use KH as a promotional vehicle (hence the emphasis on newer, marketable properties) and I don't like that. I prefer it when KH uses Disney.

Pou92

I just really hope the next world reveal reaffirms that Nomura & co. have been selective and critical with themselves about this process. I get Toy Story because sometimes mutual creator-audience demand trumps good sense and timing, but ~hype~ ought to come secondary to substance. Rote nostalgia and pandering aren't going to cut it: I remember when BBS was coming out and the worlds they revealed weren't exactly shaking the fandom up, but they all more or less made sense and followed a common motif-- the Princess worlds in particular gave the community an immediate sense of the logic of the game and how to formulate ideas about it. That's a lot more appealing to me than a Big Popular Title that has either no apparent conceptual relationship with the game or a really facile one.

Also, "depth" and expansion of each world has the potential to cut both ways. If a world ends up being super boring or unappealing, we're stuck there for a much longer period of time; I kind of preferred knowing that if a world made it into a game which I didn't particularly care for, I could blast through it and be done with it and focus on the Disney aesthetics that actually worked for me. Previous games seemed pretty equal opportunity in this regard; unfortunately, the way Nomura has been framing the process for KH3, it seems like Disney has decided to use KH as a promotional vehicle (hence the emphasis on newer, marketable properties) and I don't like that. I prefer it when KH uses Disney.

KH1 and KH2 sold over 6m, it makes sense.

if KH3 is expected to surpass the 1st to games sales, i wouldn't be surprised if they want to promote their stuff

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Previous games seemed pretty equal opportunity in this regard; unfortunately, the way Nomura has been framing the process for KH3, it seems like Disney has decided to use KH as a promotional vehicle (hence the emphasis on newer, marketable properties) and I don't like that. I prefer it when KH uses Disney.
I agree with most of your post, but especially this. I think with Disney Infinity dying, they've put a bigger eye on KH as a gaming source to pimp their new cash cows.

Also, "depth" and expansion of each world has the potential to cut both ways. If a world ends up being super boring or unappealing, we're stuck there for a much longer period of time; I kind of preferred knowing that if a world made it into a game which I didn't particularly care for, I could blast through it and be done with it and focus on the Disney aesthetics that actually worked for me.
That's true. Bigger/longer worlds seemed like a better idea when I liked most of the properties being used, lol.

Sdog

Awards
I wish somebody would ask Nomura if original worlds are going to be as big as Disney worlds.

Same. Everything we've seen of Twilight Town has just been areas we've been to already. While I get it makes sense to not change those I'm wondering how much they've added if they have.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

Didn't Nomura confirm that it's Square Enix who have the final say as to which Disney properties are represented? at best, Disney gives suggestions and recommendations, but it's Square Enix who call the final shots of world selection. I think this misconception of Disney selecting the worlds is probably due to how early Big Hero 6 was announced, and how late in development the world was.

f'tang

Didn't Nomura confirm that it's Square Enix who have the final say as to which Disney properties are represented? at best, Disney gives suggestions and recommendations, but it's Square Enix who call the final shots of world selection. I think this misconception of Disney selecting the worlds is probably due to how early Big Hero 6 was announced, and how late in development the world was.

All it takes is disney throwing a few buckaroos square's way and boom. Live action lion king is in kh3.

notnow123487

Awards

Square gets the final say of what to put in based on APPROVED properties. Disney could just approve a bunch of their new movies for square and Nomura to pick from to put in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back