• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nomura confirms Kingdom Hearts 3 will have less worlds then Kingdom Hearts 2

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Wait, so we're sure that he means just less Disney worlds in KH3 than KH2? Because I thought originally he meant less worlds in general.
If it's just less Disney worlds, I'm completely okay with it. Don't get me wrong, the Disney aspect of KH is very great and important, but it's not why I play the games. I'm very much more into the overall story and seeing more original worlds will actually be very pleasant. So I hope we get the same amount of worlds as KH2 in numbers regardless, because I was kind of disappointed at the word "less". I do completely get that they want the worlds to mean more than just an hour of gameplay though. Plus these worlds are soooo expansive, so I'd imagine it would be hard to make 11 or 12 of those worlds given the time.

That being said, we already have 4 Confirmed Disney Worlds, so I hope we get 3-4 more (.
I'd like to see any of these:

- Frozen (I'm almost positive this is going to happen)
- Emperor's New Groove (this one is SO wishful thinking....but I can hope lol)
- Monster's Inc.
- Moana
- The Land of Dragons (return)
- Beasts Castle (return)
- Agrabah (return)

I would like to see some more returning worlds since it's always a big deal when Sora reunites with his Disney friends.
moana is not oging big here 6 is the last world that was pick dont know about the other world but frozen is given

BluePikmin11

Awards
Would it be ok to make a thread about my new world predictions. My last thread that I made predictions for about had a lot of in-depth information regarding why I chose each world. I would like to make another thread explaining my new predictions based on the new information from Tetsuya Nomura.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
I'm pretty sure that was a mistranslation. He had said that specific maps from previous games would not return; if a Disney-based world would return, it would be entirely revamped (as we have seen with Olympus Coliseum). That being said, I don't think either Halloween Town or Pride Lands are returning. I wouldn't be surprised if Olympus is the only returning world, though I could easily see Agrabah returning if there are more than 8 Disney-based worlds. At one point, I thought Port Royal would be returning, but I don't see it happening now. It would have been perfect if each world were to be visited twice like in KHII (the first world visit could be DMC, and the second ATW), but it seems that each world will only be visited once story-wise (though the individual world visits will be much longer).

I don't think that guarantees Port Royal can't come back. If they're going with more original stories for worlds then they can just combine the main elements from POTC 2 & 3 into one visit. All you need is Davy Jones, The Kraken and the final battle at the end of AWE and you'd be good. It's probably better than trying to cram all the story from each individual movie into one visit, especially At World's End.

I think the thing that's preventing Port Royal from coming back is that I think Treasure Planet is more likely to appear and I'm not sure they'd put two Pirate themed worlds into the game even though they obviously have very different elements.

Last edited:

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
What if they fuse common-themed worlds

BH6/Zootopia

Port Royal/Treasure Planet

Jungle Book/Tarzan

Destiny Island/Moana

Inside Out/Vanitas

I'm joking, but if KH really goes on for a while joint worlds might be around the corners.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
What if they fuse common-themed worlds

BH6/Zootopia

Port Royal/Treasure Planet

Jungle Book/Tarzan

Destiny Island/Moana

Inside Out/Vanitas

I'm joking, but if KH really goes on for a while joint worlds might be around the corners.

I know you are joking, but I do wish they would at least fuse in maybe more obscure characters into the Disney worlds. Like, I couldn't see them mash two big movies, but maybe characters from shorts and stuff. And freaking Square characters in worlds other than Olympus lol.

I don't think that guarantees Port Royal can't come back. If they're going with more original stories for worlds then they can just combine the main elements from POTC 2 & 3 into one visit. All you need is Davy Jones, The Kraken and the final battle at the end of AWE and you'd be good. It's probably better than trying to cram all the story from each individual movie into one visit, especially At World's End.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]I think the thing that's preventing Port Royal from coming back is that I think Treasure Planet is more likely to appear and I'm not sure they'd put two Pirate themed worlds into the game even though they obviously have very different elements.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Yeah combining movies 2 and 3 is what I would like anyway, otherwise there is too much cliffhanger. I really want this world back largely because Davy Jones and the Kraken seem like hype boss fights. And the Kraken could actually be as big as it should be with this engine, so that's nice ha.

But yeah you're right I guess Treasure Planet does step on its toes. I had both on my list before, I guess since they are such different pirate movies lol.[/FONT]

kingsoraful

Awards
Can we agree now that the range is most likely 8-10 Disney knowing that Nomura actually said less overall worlds than KH2. I don't see us going to any less than four original worlds with so much to cover so if that's the case that would put us at ten Disney max.

He did not say less overall. He said Disney worlds. There's not gonna be less Disney worlds than KH or else he would have said that.
Its fewer worlds in general. We originally thought it was just Disney.

Where's your source cause I've seen no such thing.

There's not gonna be less Disney worlds than KH or he would have said as such. KH had 9 Disney worlds. So you're limit is 10-11. Unless you can back up a legit quote cause I translated it from a very good source.

Wait, so we're sure that he means just less Disney worlds in KH3 than KH2? Because I thought originally he meant less worlds in general.

He specifically says less Disney worlds than KH2.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
He did not say less overall. He said Disney worlds. There's not gonna be less Disney worlds than KH or else he would have said that.

Where's your source cause I've seen no such thing.

There's not gonna be less Disney worlds than KH or he would have said as such. KH had 9 Disney worlds. So you're limit is 10-11. Unless you can back up a legit quote cause I translated it from a very good source.

He specifically says less Disney worlds than KH2.

He specifically said the world count is shorter than KH2 in the Famitsu summary, so until we get clarification in the proper article it could go either way

kingsoraful

Awards
He specifically said the world count is shorter than KH2 in the Famitsu summary, so until we get clarification in the proper article it could go either way

No he did not. He said the Disney world count is smaller than in KH2. Not the total number of worlds in general. They specifically mention Disney worlds. Which summary are you reading cause I've read two summaries from very reliable sources and they each say Disney worlds.

Here's another summary....

• The KH3 development team have been planning for a Toy Story world since Kingdom Hearts II, but had to go through a number of negotiations for it to finally appear on KH3.
  • The story in the Toy Story world will take place after Toy Story 2, and will follow its canon timeline rather than taking place in a parallel storyline.
  • At the beginning, Sora is mistaken for another character from a new game being sold.
  • Riding a robot to fight was an early idea sent at the beginning of the development to the KH3 development team.
  • Development on the Big Hero 6 world is going well, and the next information on it is on its way.
  • The number of Disney worlds in KH3 are less than in KH2, but they will be vast and have more content in them.
  • The number of cutscenes in Final Fantasy VII Remake is greater than in KH3, and they are taking a long time to develop.
  • Kingdom Hearts series director Tetsuya Nomura is designing the organization members for Xenoblade Chronicles 2. It was a request that came from his old mentors who used to take a good care of him when he was a newcomer, and he couldn't refuse that request.
  • There are no unannounced titles that Nomura is directing, but he is involved in many.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
No he did not.

I'm literally looking at the original summary right now that we posted and the original Japanese line in the summary (which is not verbatim of the article it's quoting) says ワールド数自体はKHIIより少なくなるが、密度は濃くなっている literally, "Although the world number itself is less than KHII, the density is getting deeper "

And this is following a comment about original worlds, Disney wasn't mentioned in this statement.

http://blog.hokanko-alt.com/archives/51718090.html

Though it's being reported elsewhere, so as I said, we'll have to wait for the full article

DoctahFaz

Awards
Original:

Destiny Islands (cutscenes; not playable)
Twilight Town/Mysterious Tower
Radiant Garden
Cable Town a.k.a. "C Town"
Castle Oblivion/Land of Departure (cutscenes; not playable)
Keyblade Graveyard (final battles)

Disney:

Tangled
Mount Olympus
Big Hero 6
Toy Story (with Wreck-it Ralph cameos in the toy store)
Agrabah
Atlantis or Treasure Planet (won't be both)
Lilo & Stitch or Moana (won't be both)
Frozen

(A focus, for the most part, towards newer Disney movies and only two returning Disney worlds in my prediction)

Pokie

So guessing...

1. Aladdin 3

2. Jungle Book
3. Frozen
4. Another Pixar movie : Monster Inc or Brave maybe ?
5. Star Wars IV
6. Treasure Planet
7. Loki and Thor

vangerme

Website
listography.com
I really hope by less it's not drastically less but about around 12-13.

^the translation I read (I don't have the source, sorry) Nomura said "a little less" so I was given the impression that it's not drastically less....so I'm hoping for that amount too.

Also I was JUST thinking about worlds with concurrent stories of more than one Disney movie, and I saw it was mentioned earlier. I don't think it will happen but it would be a really cool idea, like Lilo & Stitch / Moana being in the same world.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Well... this is depressing.

I'm hoping for some more classic animation worlds. So I think that the total number of Disney worlds will come up to 10:
Toy Story
Big Hero 6
Tangled
Olympus Coliseum
Frozen
Lilo & Stitch
The Jungle Book
Atlantica
Agrabah
Never Land

I think that would be a nice variety of locations to offer up a diverse experience. I really hope that the rumour I read about each Disney world being as long as 0.2 is true. I also hope that after you beat the world, there is more stuff you can do there after you beat the game.

kingsoraful

Awards
Original:

Destiny Islands (cutscenes; not playable)
Twilight Town/Mysterious Tower
Radiant Garden
Cable Town a.k.a. "C Town"
Castle Oblivion/Land of Departure (cutscenes; not playable)
Keyblade Graveyard (final battles)

Disney:

Tangled
Mount Olympus
Big Hero 6
Toy Story (with Wreck-it Ralph cameos in the toy store)
Agrabah
Atlantis or Treasure Planet (won't be both)
Lilo & Stitch or Moana (won't be both)
Frozen

(A focus, for the most part, towards newer Disney movies and only two returning Disney worlds in my prediction)
I would not list worlds that are gonna be in cutscnes personally.

My money is on 10 Disney worlds and 4 original worlds for a total of 14.

kingsoraful

Awards
I really hope by less it's not drastically less but about around 12-13.

Well either way look at it this way. It's not less then Kingdom Hearts. KH had 12 worlds total. I expect 14 this time.

A bit less then KH2 but not by a lot.

10 Disney worlds and 4 original worlds. Twilight Town, Radiant Garden, Keyblade Graveyard, The world where Eraqus and Xehanort played chest.

I imagine Destiny Island and others will be in cutscenes but not playable.

As for the 10 Disney worlds, from the 4 we have selected. There will be 6 more. Probably 5 more new ones and 1 returning one, which IMO will be Aladdin.

Nomura just said they put more focus on new worlds then old worlds in KH3

Oddmania

I really hope there will be a little more worlds than in Birth By Sleep, because BBS's seven worlds* felt a bit short to me.
*Hercules, Peter Pan, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Snow White, Lilo & Stitch, Disneyville.

But then, BBS's whole concept was to visit the same few worlds through different characters' perspectives, so it was meant be that way. Hopefully KH3 will be different on that point.

I would love to get a Finding Nemo/Dory world, with an underwater setting and corals and shipwrecks to explore. It could be like The Lion King world, with Sora turning into an animal. A Jungle Book world based on the live-action movie would be pretty cool too. It would have a more realistic feel to it, kind of like Pirates of the Caribbean in KH2.

I'm not too sure about Inside Out and Wreck-It-Ralph, though. I would love it, but I wouldn't bet on it, because these films alreadly revolve around a character that travels to several different worlds, so it would be pretty confusing to have Sora travel to a Wreck-It-Ralph world where he would be travelling to another bunch of different worlds. That would be pretty Inception-like. However, I can definitely imagine an Arcade machine that Sora could use and dive into to play some of the video games featured in Wreck-It-Ralph, a bit like the Winnie the Pooh book. Now that would be pretty bloody awesome.

Last edited:
Awards
I'm not too sure about Inside Out and Wreck-It-Ralph, though. I would love it, but I wouldn't bet on it, because these films alreadly revolve around a character that travels to several different worlds, so it would be pretty confusing to have Sora travel to a Wreck-It-Ralph world where he would be travelling to another bunch of worlds. That would be pretty Inception-like.

Inside Out probably won't make the cut anyway due to its release date, plus I'm not really sure we'll see more than one Pixar world in KH3. As for Wreck it Ralph, if we do see that world it'll most likely center around Sugar Rush rather than jumping around a lot since thats where most of the movie took place anyway. Although it would be kinda cool to see Hero's Duty.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Hero's Duty looked kinda dull and small anyway...wouldn't even care if we didn't see it.
^the translation I read (I don't have the source, sorry) Nomura said "a little less" so I was given the impression that it's not drastically less....so I'm hoping for that amount too.
Well that's good to hear at least.
Well either way look at it this way. It's not less then Kingdom Hearts. KH had 12 worlds total. I expect 14 this time.
Yeah hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back