• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS 3 Summary from Sora KH3 Play Arts Kai

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I'm too excited about 2.8 right now to properly feel KH3 but... our little Sora has come so far ;_;

DefiantHeart

Awards
On one hand I want to say it's Aqua but on another hand I feel like it's actually someone connected to chi. Also a smidge heart breaking that Kairi gets zero mention in Sora's list of close friends.

Ikr? XD It reminds me of the time Sora flat out said Kairi would just get in the way, lol.

The Key to return hearts keeps sounding interesting everytime they mention it. :3

VenVen

Could "the key to return hearts" be aqua?? I was thinking about it and it makes sense. Aqua is the key to return ventus' heart and in the opening we see sora reaching out to aqua. Any more thoughts?

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I really hope the "key to return hearts" is Aqua and the battle-scared wielder is Terra but thats just wishful thinking.

Zul

Awards
Battle-scarred suits a Chi character more than Aqua imo. It "can" suit Aqua, but I feel "a light lost in darkness" would have used to describe her instead.

Looks like Kairi isn't mentioned anywhere in the summaries. The KH3D ending implied a greater role in the future, but it's still possible she'll just be sort-of thrown in there with a "hey look, I'm fighting too...again!".

I also agree that the key to return hearts isn't, and shouldn't be just another keyblade. I always felt the series emphasized a powerful bond as the strongest "weapon" against sorrow and evil.

Zul

Awards
maybe the key to return hearts was the friends we made along the way~

Conceptually I agree with that, but I wonder how it would be executed.

A scene of everyone going "yeah, friendship is good!" then bam, this suddenly restores Terra, Roxas...ect would be horridly cheesy.

Uuuh...maybe that memory-sharing thing Roxas did with Sora.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
"don't you see yet? the key to return hearts is responding. it's been there all along. the key to return hearts rests within you!"

Zul

Awards
Ewwwwwwww, no!

Please something else!

Bah, it probably is going to be something cheesy.

Hirokey123

Awards
I mean I think it will be like DDD. The key to returning hearts is Sora and the keyblade but it's a hidden power within the keyblade and innate to the heart itself that must be found through self discovery. I like to think maybe we have even already seen it in action when Sora was returned from a heartless to a heart with physical form. So in the end Sora will wake the power to return hearts in his own heart, and then any keyblade wielded by him becomes the key to returning hearts.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Ugh, if the KTRH is really as cheesy as everything else in KH... bah.

Zul

Awards
I mean I think it will be like DDD. The key to returning hearts is Sora and the keyblade but it's a hidden power within the keyblade and innate to the heart itself that must be found through self discovery. I like to think maybe we have even already seen it in action when Sora was returned from a heartless to a heart with physical form. So in the end Sora will wake the power to return hearts in his own heart, and then any keyblade wielded by him becomes the key to returning hearts.

If the key to return hearts turns out to be a big group hug I will probably end up in the hospital due to the inability to stop laughing.

Muke

whatever
Awards
If the key to return hearts turns out to be a big group hug I will probably end up in the hospital due to the inability to stop laughing.
Agreed. This is so true. We can lie next to each other in (different beds) hospital. Together with 40 other players.
Let's all die from the cheesiness

Like... I am not even kidding.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Hey, what if it's Kairi (who has given Sora back "his heart" someway after all) and Sora has to go find her because he already forgot about her existence after her being so irrelevant for the last 5 games or so?

Muke

whatever
Awards
Hey, what if it's Kairi (who has given Sora back "his heart" someway after all) and Sora has to go find her because he already forgot about her existence after her being so irrelevant for the last 5 games or so?
I'll take this over a group hug and FRIENDSHIP<333 any day.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
have y'all just like forgotten what series you're playing, where it literally goes out of its way to say that bonds and friendship are the most quintessential elements in the universe

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I was loving this description (absolutely loving it, for: the talk of how Sora used to want to see worlds, his sense of justice getting brought up again, the idea that Sora's realized everything's gone according to how Master Xehanort wanted it to--perhaps hinting at the more mature Sora in this game we've heard about--and even that they called him "dashing" like Merry-Weather does was really, really great), and then I got to the part where they didn't mention Kairi.

And before someone jumps down my throat (because I know I'm always complaining about her, and tbh I know it gets old and I sympathize with you guys always having to hear that from me all the time), I was fine with it at first--when it was just talking about what everyone's doing in III, because I realized maybe they want to keep what she's doing secret; or maybe she's training all of III, and so it wouldn't be worth mentioning it--but then they listed all of Sora's closest friends in the last paragraph and not her.

I can't. I just can't, guys.

They're never going to learn their lesson, and this series is never going to get better about her. Are they? If anything, it just seems to get worse, as this is twice now that we've heard lately about the friendships that make up this series, where Kairi isn't mentioned even once (what Hashimoto said a while back, I mean).

And you know, I'm somewhat irked that they didn't mention Naminé, either, because she's also one of Sora's top friends.

The part about Aqua being battle hardened (or whatever the exact wording was) sounded really good, though--and tells me that they're taking her development from the end of BbS and her time in the Dark Realm very seriously and I'm glad for that.

Despite what you guys might be thinking, all-in-all, I enjoyed this summary (there really are some things of interest here, and things I'm hopeful about, too); and it's just nice to finally know more about KHIII's story after all this time.

But I hate how this series since Coded, I'd say (and if we're being technical, since CoM), has tried to make Kairi disappear and has acted like she never existed. Just sayin'. (I'm really starting to think Blackdrazon is absolutely right, about all the writers/developers just deciding that they didn't like Kairi partway through KHII's creation, which would explain a lot, actually.)

And Naminé could use a bit more love, too, imo.

Muke

whatever
Awards
have y'all just like forgotten what series you're playing, where it literally goes out of its way to say that bonds and friendship are the most quintessential elements in the universe
You're right and all but I have high hopes for this and if it turns out as "omg friends yes your friends are the key" I will just facepalm myself to death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back