• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS 3 Summary from Sora KH3 Play Arts Kai

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vasquez

Awards
This is a new KH game new chatacters and new major concepts will be introduced.

I son't think what the two grups are searching for is something necessarily revelaed/hinted at in a previous game.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
the one thing i dont get everybody expect sora to be this savor and do great things but he not he just a n ordinary boy that can do specail stuff

Muke

whatever
Awards
the one thing i dont get everybody expect sora to be this savor and do great things but he not he just a n ordinary boy that can do specail stuff
Well, we can't expect him not to do anything just because he is a normal boy.
I don't understand...

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
No, Goso. This isn't some shonen anime

Could've fooled me.

@Muke and Griewer I think what gosoxtim is getting at, is that all this knowledge that Sora is a special trademarked boy destined to save everyone (that no one else could even dream of accomplishing) sort of contradicts Nomura's comments that he's "just an ordinary boy."

And actually going off of that, this line in the KHIII summary really bothered me: Chosen by the Keyblade, he is the one whose heart’s light never fails to shine as a beacon of hope. It's like they're treating Sora like he's a Princess of Heart or something. No, like he's better than a Princess of Heart (because with how poorly they've been handled in this series, they seem pretty dull). You'd think if anything this section would be about those whose very existence keeps the world from falling into shadows once more, but it's not: it's about someone who's been proven to have darkness in his heart and to fail before.

And I know what you guys are going to say. "Sora's really not special; he's just doing what anyone else in this series technically could, but never will, and that's why he's going to be the one to save everybody." And in that case, Nomura's doing a horrible job of selling that point. If anything, Sora really seems more like a Mary-Sue with each passing day more than anything else.

I mean for God's sake, Nomura. If that's your explanation for why Sora's "just an ordinary boy", Nomura, then show it. Have Ventus' heart go into Riku's instead of Sora's, for instance, so that we can see he's not the only one with the ability to create a heart hotel, but is just the one to help out that way more than anyone else does. Because until you do, most no one is even going to believe the other characters even have that kind of capability like Sora does!

And while you're at it, don't have him defeat gods by himself--and the like--if you don't want the audience to believe he's remarkable without his friends' help!

I love what my boyfriend said about this description, btw (he's more of a casual fan, but he's actually played all the games and loves KH a lot and we talk about about it all the time; he was also upset about the no mention of Kairi): "Wow. That entire thing is just full of such testosterone and is a huge sausage fest. They're really trying to sell this game and Sora as a character, aren't they?"

ANYWAY, onto other topics, this fandom seems to have an obsession with killing Riku off. I see it in a lot of fanworks and stuff. And while it'l never happen (because he's too popular and Nomura loves him too much), I think Riku would be a good candidate to get rid of, because his story is completely done. And the more they try to do with him, the more chance they'll ruin the amazing work they actually did do with him. So why not have him go out in a blaze of glory, then?

Once again, I know it'll never happen. But if I'm being honest, I kind of want it to. But then I'm just turning into a morbid and cynical old person, who thinks KH would've stayed a whole lot better if a lot of these characters had actually stayed dead. Meh.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
And actually going off of that, this line in the KHIII summary really bothered me: Chosen by the Keyblade, he is the one whose heart’s light never fails to shine as a beacon of hope. It's like they're treating Sora like he's a Princess of Heart or something. No, like he's better than a Princess of Heart (because with how poorly they've been handled in this series, they seem pretty dull). You'd think if anything this section would be about those whose very existence keeps the world from falling into shadows once more, but it's not: it's about someone who's been proven to have darkness in his heart and to fail before.

And in that case, Nomura's doing a horrible job of selling that point. If anything, Sora really seems more like a Mary-Sue with each passing day more than anything else.

I mean for God's sake, Nomura. If that's your explanation for why Sora's "just an ordinary boy", Nomura, then show it.

The not-so-great communication skills of Nomura-san.
I swear, a huge deal of the "fights" breaking out in the fandom aren't because someone didn't understand something and is being an ass about it, but for how arbitrary and poorly explained characters and events are.

Couldn't agree more.

ANYWAY, onto other topics, this fandom seems to have an obsession with killing Riku off. I see it in a lot of fanworks and stuff. And while it'l never happen (because he's too popular and Nomura loves him too much), I think Riku would be a good candidate to get rid of, because his story is completely done. And the more they try to do with him, the more chance they'll ruin the amazing work they actually did do with him. So why not have him go out in a blaze of glory, then?

Once again, I know it'll never happen. But if I'm being honest, I kind of want it to. But then I'm just turning into a morbid and cynical old person, who thinks KH would've stayed a whole lot better if a lot of these characters had actually stayed dead. Meh.

Here, as well.
Riku's story was great, but unless they pull something out of the blue, I agree all that is left for him is to be a great Keyblade Master and repel future enemies.
He had all his tropes exploited, he got redemption and even saved Sora, I think he's done.
Heck, most of the KH III topics don't really concern him as a person anymore.

Precursor Mar

doesnt matter was he not immportant to tav trio

It matters when you're comparing him to someone who's been a prominent protagonist for the majority of this series.

Are you serious? Eraqus is Xehanort's rival, and one of the first characters we've seen in KH3.

That rivalry contributes about as much to BBS's plot as the FF gang in Destiny Islands do to KH1's.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Riku's story was great, but unless they pull something out of the blue, I agree all that is left for him is to be a great Keyblade Master and repel future enemies.
He had all his tropes exploited, he got redemption and even saved Sora, I think he's done.
Heck, most of the KH III topics don't really concern him as a person anymore.

I agree with this, but for me it doesn't mean the next step in character development is that he should die (not saying that's what you're implying here either). Riku has had his development, and I think it would be good to give time for other characters who really need it. I like Riku as much as the next person, and I'm sure he's going to be in KH3 and all, but I doubt he'll have a huge part in the plot, definitely not something as dramatic as dying. I sure hope so at least. More Namine, Kairi and TAV would be great.

Precursor Mar

I'll be honest, I would've been fine if Eraqus remained "dead", but just the KH III trailer proves you wrong, man.

The fact that we needed an entirely new game to establish this just proves how much of an unimportant character he was. Eraqus and Xehanort could've barely known each other and it would've changed nothing about BBS.

SoraForeverKH

This is interesting. At least it's some KH III details that we've all been wanting for a long time now. I'm happy about that!
I of course like it a lot because this particular article features Sora... Coooooool!

The part where it mentions a battle scarred master is truly fascinating. I have a feeling it's not just Aqua they're talking about. I'm with some of those other ideas about it being someone connected to our KHUX game. I've been wondering about why Ephemer has seemed to be popping up in images and drawings with Sora. Could it be someone like him?
I still don't know how that character's story turns out, and I don't want to spoil it but find out on my own time adventuring in the game as my Keyblade wielder Aera.
I'd definitely say the key to return hearts is the same thing that was revealed and focused on in Re:coded, with all the painful memories of others connected to him. That makes sense. Funny that just about everyone close to Sora already knows this but has yet to tell him about it. Are they really going to have Sora go out on his journey and hope he discovers the truth on his own? And if so, why? My us going to be the one to take those matters into his own hands and have the role in revealing this to him, I just know it! (>~<)

And, this Sora play arts is a work of art that I'd love to own so I could admire it continually.

Last edited:

Hirokey123

Awards
Isn't the next logical step for Riku to be a teacher? You say he is done but I feel like we barely scratched the surface. He is no more done than a person who graduated college. The only friendship of his remotely fleshed out is Sora's and with everyone coming back there is a lot of potential ground to cover. His friendships with Roxas, Xion, and Kairi need a lot of expansion and this isn't counting the new friendships/relationships he can form with TAV. He has a new duty to go out, spread the keyblade, find an apprentice, impart all he had learned to others not just about the keyblade but darkness as well. Becoming the world traveling spokes person for darkness while being a hero and showing the good it can do...you know the exact opposite of Xehanort. But even more so who says bring a master is what Riku wants to do with his life. He wanted to be strong to protect the things that matter but that doesn't mean he wants to spend his entire life as a wandering warrior and teacher. Maybe he wants to go out in the new Xehanort free world and find what he actually like to do as a job for his life. Perhaps he ends up enjoying uncovering secrets and decides to be an archeoligst type dude. Maybe he starts to delve into science himself and starts trying to use it to better the world. Maybe he finds the pirate life is for him and settles down as a pirate in another world.

Riku's story isn't done yet just that one single arc of his fall and redemption is.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Isn't the next logical step for Riku to be a teacher? You say he is done but I feel like we barely scratched the surface. He is no more done than a person who graduated college. The only friendship of his remotely fleshed out is Sora's and with everyone coming back there is a lot of potential ground to cover. His friendships with Roxas, Xion, and Kairi need a lot of expansion and this isn't counting the new friendships/relationships he can form with TAV. He has a new duty to go out, spread the keyblade, find an apprentice, impart all he had learned to others not just about the keyblade but darkness as well. Becoming the world traveling spokes person for darkness while being a hero and showing the good it can do...you know the exact opposite of Xehanort. But even more so who says bring a master is what Riku wants to do with his life. He wanted to be strong to protect the things that matter but that doesn't mean he wants to spend his entire life as a wandering warrior and teacher. Maybe he wants to go out in the new Xehanort free world and find what he actually like to do as a job for his life. Perhaps he ends up enjoying uncovering secrets and decides to be an archeoligst type dude. Maybe he starts to delve into science himself and starts trying to use it to better the world. Maybe he finds the pirate life is for him and settles down as a pirate in another world.

Riku's story isn't done yet just that one single arc of his fall and redemption is.

You're treating Riku as a real person, remember he's a videogame character: he will do and we will only see stuff related to the plot of n game (replacing n with the game's title).
So, deepening bonds with every person he knows (btw, I sincerely doubt he and Roxas are "friends") and him choosing a place to live and carreer are kinda out of the picture.
Considering how Kingdom Hearts (well, fantasy games in general) does things, I also doubt we're ever getting his thrilling tale of preaching the Keyblade or teaching students (I also don't see him as a teacher in the first place)
As I said: unless Kingdom Hearts III brings out new bonds, characters or who knows, Riku's basically done, 'cept maybe a conclusive epilogue with Terra and Xion.

He saved his friends. He amended for his mistakes. He defeated his doubts and Ansem. He fulfilled Terra's expectations.

His "arc" was indeed a part of his fictional life, but the only that mattered to the saga so far, therefore the only relevant one.
Again, he's not a real person with a full life: he does not exist outside of the plot, hence we can't call that developing him.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website

I actually agree with all of this, though I feel like if Riku becomes a teacher then he'll fade from the plot some.

And that's not actually a bad thing; I think that should happen to any character after they've had a lot of screentime (which is why I'm actually praying that as much as I love Percy and Annabeth, that Rick Riordan will stop bringing them into his book series. Because after all they've been through, they deserve to retire and have a happy life finally. And their story is done.), but I just fear that Nomura will drag Riku out into the forefront forever--because he loves him so much--and then (even if he is doing something cool like teaching) I think we'll be getting too much Riku, and it will probably hurt his amazing arc. But we'll see what ends up happening:)

On a side note, Lord Moldybutt on fanfiction--who wrote a Kingdom Hearts/Star Wars trilogy of fics after KHII (who should be awarded for doing the Master/Apprentice thing in his story before that was a thing in KH, and for pretty much being psychic and realizing KH could use Star Wars someday, amazingly enough)--had Riku as a teacher in his works: he was the master to Taran from The Black Cauldron, actually. And Lord Moldybutt handled it all really well, and made it believable for his character. So I could see that in Riku's future. Yeah.

But once again,if this happens, don't be surprised if he only starts getting as much screentime as Eraqus did in BbS... If Nomura can ever let go of him at all.

And like I said above, if Riku does become a teacher, I think it would be best/make sense if he faded into the background some.

We need to finally focus on our other characters and relationships some, anyway. *cough* Especially the girls'. *cough*

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I have a feeling once Terra comes back, instead of Terra being Riku's master, Riku's going to be Terra's master for a while. Think about it.

Terra chose Riku, but Riku became a master without him and also learned to control the darkness that Terra can't. I can see Terra learning from Riku, seriously...

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
I'd actually really like that, maryadavies:) To be honest, I don't like the Master/Apprentice system at all in KH, but this would be one time I'd absolutely adore it if that ended up being the case.

Also, I know the chances of this being true are negative five million, but I'd love it if the battle worn person they're talking about is Naminé.

That poor girl has been through so very much.

But for that to happen, the writers would finally have to acknowledge her suffering--and really dive into it--and I don't see them doing that, sadly.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I'm not really sure if I should be amused, concerned or facepalming at the fact that getting a sort of more detailed version of the KH III story summary which opens up some possibly new light on the mission Riku & Mickey have to tackle as well as hammering home that Sora did many of the special feats he did through "many friends having lent their support and powers" (without calling everyone by name obviously as that wouldn't fit in) turned into yet another ten-page-long almost-rant focusing solely on Kairi.

Falling into the other extreme to "combat" the undoubted neglect the character has experienced by feeling the need to shove/expect her in(to) every new information that comes out will probably not help and possibly even make things in worse in the long run.
Fact is that she has been detached from almost all the important plot points and connections with other important original characters, especially the ones mentioned in the summary.

The ones who drive the plot and share the close connections with the other originals like TAV (even more so since 0.2 apparently will somehow deepen the connection between Aqua and Sora, on top of the latter's already close connection with Ventus) are undoubtly Sora, Riku and Mickey primarily while Donald and Goofy are those who will be Sora's primary assistance (and the main selling point for the casuals due to the "SDG"-dynamic) hence why those are the only ones mentioned by name.

Sora & Riku are the protagonist and deuteragonist respectively while Mickey, Donald and Goofy are the "main" Disney representatives. These are the most known to the casual crowd and the wider fandom up to now and since this is only a little more detailed version of the summary already known since 2013 it should not be that much of a surprise that there are no additional names mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back