• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS 3 Summary from Sora KH3 Play Arts Kai

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
have y'all just like forgotten what series you're playing, where it literally goes out of its way to say that bonds and friendship are the most quintessential elements in the universe

Key to Return Hearts sounds likes the Deus Ex Machina that will restore the worlds from Xehanort's control. Like, Xehanort finally attains KH and uses it to make an idealistic single world. During the process, Sora's bond with key inhabitant of each world makes him connect with every worlds' heart and, from them, is born the true xBlade, used to stab Xehanort in his chest and make a hollowed space where his heart should be (cheesy).

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I was loving this description (absolutely loving it, for: the talk of how Sora used to want to see worlds, his sense of justice getting brought up again, the idea that Sora's realized everything's gone according to how Master Xehanort wanted it to--perhaps hinting at the more mature Sora in this game we've heard about--and even that they called him "dashing" like Merry-Weather does was really, really great), and then I got to the part where they didn't mention Kairi.

And before someone jumps down my throat (because I know I'm always complaining about her, and tbh I know it gets old and I sympathize with you guys always having to hear that from me all the time), I was fine with it at first--when it was just talking about what everyone's doing in III, because I realized maybe they want to keep what she's doing secret; or maybe she's training all of III, and so it wouldn't be worth mentioning it--but then they listed all of Sora's closest friends in the last paragraph and not her.

I can't. I just can't, guys.

They're never going to learn their lesson, and this series is never going to get better about her. Are they? If anything, it just seems to get worse, as this is twice now that we've heard lately about the friendships that make up this series, where Kairi isn't mentioned even once (what Hashimoto said a while back, I mean).

And you know, I'm somewhat irked that they didn't mention Naminé, either, because she's also one of Sora's top friends.

The part about Aqua being battle hardened (or whatever the exact wording was) sounded really good, though--and tells me that they're taking her development from the end of BbS and her time in the Dark Realm very seriously and I'm glad for that.

Despite what you guys might be thinking, all-in-all, I enjoyed this summary (there really are some things of interest here, and things I'm hopeful about, too); and it's just nice to finally know more about KHIII's story after all this time.

But I hate how this series since Coded, I'd say (and if we're being technical, since CoM), has tried to make Kairi disappear and has acted like she never existed. Just sayin'. (I'm really starting to think Blackdrazon is absolutely right, about all the writers/developers just deciding that they didn't like Kairi partway through KHII's creation, which would explain a lot, actually.)

And Naminé could use a bit more love, too, imo.
Light I understand but we got to be patient though I understand where your coming from I want more develop time with kairi but we got to be patient

robotman

Hm... I don't know what to think about this, it sounds like the gameplay will be split and you'll be playing as Mickey/Riku along with Sora. I don't mind playing as Riku or Mickey but I hope that we mainly play as Sora. Something like 90% Sora, 10% the other characters.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Light I understand but we got to be patient though I understand where your coming from I want more develop time with kairi but we got to be patient
Square's had 10 years to do that and they haven't, lmao

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Square's had 10 years to do that and they haven't, lmao
well maybe a third time is a charm after we know know kairi going to be important to kh3 after the secret ending of 3D beside kairi is sora light after all

blank points

Awards
Wow, was not expecting this. As others have mentioned, it's not really new, but a lot more descriptive. The bit about the battle scarred keyblade wielder has me intrigued. It could be Aqua, but I can't help but feel it might be someone entirely different. And also like others have pointed out, Kairi is left out of Sora's list of friends. Seriously, it's almost as if Nomura has totally forgotten Kairi at this point.

robotman

I get what you lot mean about Kairi's development... The most development she got was pretty much the end of Kindgom Hearts 2 when she saved Sora and Riku with her note in the bottle haha... Still, we never know what they could do with her, they might just be keeping her part hushed for now.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I think the Key to Return hearts is going to be a feelsy esque group hug type of ordeal (aka what Kairi did) and I'm totes fine with that. As long as they give it proper weight and not just an off handed event that happens and then they all laugh and cartwheel away.

Heck, maybe the princesses do have that power, they are what's holding the worlds together right now, so why not. Kairi's coming to understand her power/importance moment cause no one ever seemed to acknowledge her status after Sora's "Kairi's a princess???" moment.

Whatever they come up with, as long as it isn't as tricky and complicated as Xehanort's time travel shenanigans, I'm sure it'll be fine.

I'm more interesting in this 'battle worn' person they're looking for. Logic says Aqua, desire says Terra, heart says maybe Chi will actually come into play finally.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I feel like the "wielder" part in battle scarred wielder is important. Like, if it were Aqua, wouldnt it say "master"?

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
*goes to look at 0.2 trailer and product pages*

Well, most of the stuff surrounding Aqua these days specifically calls her Aqua without the Master part. We definitely aren't supposed to know who they're looking for yet hence their vagueness.

No one calls Aqua "Master" either. If they wanted to describe Aqua, like someone else said, they might have specified "lost to the darkness" or like you said, called her Master or something or other. This leads me to believe now that maybe it isn't Aqua.

Terra would make a ton of sense. Surely Aqua gave him some clues when they met in the dark realm. (which I assume she did since Mickey was pissed at Xehanort for all three of them). Aqua wouldn't know he's nothing but an empty armor husk, but maybe Mickey thinks he can find Terra elsewhere now somehow?

But even still, that's a stretch. It must be someone else and I think Chi is likely.

Hirokey123

Awards
That is why I think they meant someone from Chi like Ephemer, Skuld, or the player.

Griewer

Awards
I was loving this description (absolutely loving it, for: the talk of how Sora used to want to see worlds, his sense of justice getting brought up again, the idea that Sora's realized everything's gone according to how Master Xehanort wanted it to--perhaps hinting at the more mature Sora in this game we've heard about--and even that they called him "dashing" like Merry-Weather does was really, really great), and then I got to the part where they didn't mention Kairi.

And before someone jumps down my throat (because I know I'm always complaining about her, and tbh I know it gets old and I sympathize with you guys always having to hear that from me all the time), I was fine with it at first--when it was just talking about what everyone's doing in III, because I realized maybe they want to keep what she's doing secret; or maybe she's training all of III, and so it wouldn't be worth mentioning it--but then they listed all of Sora's closest friends in the last paragraph and not her.

I can't. I just can't, guys.

They're never going to learn their lesson, and this series is never going to get better about her. Are they? If anything, it just seems to get worse, as this is twice now that we've heard lately about the friendships that make up this series, where Kairi isn't mentioned even once (what Hashimoto said a while back, I mean).

And you know, I'm somewhat irked that they didn't mention Naminé, either, because she's also one of Sora's top friends.

The part about Aqua being battle hardened (or whatever the exact wording was) sounded really good, though--and tells me that they're taking her development from the end of BbS and her time in the Dark Realm very seriously and I'm glad for that.

Despite what you guys might be thinking, all-in-all, I enjoyed this summary (there really are some things of interest here, and things I'm hopeful about, too); and it's just nice to finally know more about KHIII's story after all this time.

But I hate how this series since Coded, I'd say (and if we're being technical, since CoM), has tried to make Kairi disappear and has acted like she never existed. Just sayin'. (I'm really starting to think Blackdrazon is absolutely right, about all the writers/developers just deciding that they didn't like Kairi partway through KHII's creation, which would explain a lot, actually.)

And Naminé could use a bit more love, too, imo.

Kairi's role in the games originally was to be the end goal for Sora. Now that this role was successfully achieved they don't know what to do with her because we don't have a timeskip to give her credible development throughout which she could become a keyblade wielder or an expert wizard or anything else.

She's at the point where Sora was when he was fighting against Riku with wooden swords at the age of 10. Until she can become a useful ally who can do something - anything she needs to walk through those steps. Unfortunately we don't have enough time for that. So yeah, unfortunately Kairi has to take the backseat because when the original games were planned she was nothing more than the good old end goal of the young hero.

And I know she'll probably get some sort of deus-ex power-up but honestly this won't make her character any better since it isn't a real development. If it would be this easy to make someone an expert keyblade wielder, I'm sure Yen Sid would've created an Army while Sora and Riku were having a goodnight sleep in DDD. :'D

palizinhas

Awards
And we're still not acknowledging that Kairi is a person that exists. Can't say I'm surprised, but wow Mickey, you're apparently a closer friend to Sora than the girl he grew up with, since you deserve a mention and she doesn't.

Battle scarred wielder makes me think Chi too. Aqua makes sense, I guess, but I'm not sure the 0.2 openig would make a big deal of Sora helping Aqua when Riku and Mickey are the ones to save her. Terra is also a possibility, but I feel like Chi is more likely.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
And I know she'll probably get some sort of deus-ex power-up but honestly this won't make her character any better since it isn't a real development. If it would be this easy to make someone an expert keyblade wielder, I'm sure Yen Sid would've created an Army while Sora and Riku were having a goodnight sleep in DDD. :'D
are you forgetting the part in ddd where yen sid shoves lea into a magic time chamber to train him in how to use a keyblade, all off screen?

Hirokey123

Awards
But they DID have plenty of chances with her. Here are a few simple ways...

1.DDD Sora and Riku are cannonically reset to their KH1 bodies and before they learned how to wield the keyblade. This literally would of been the perfect time to stick Kairi into play because she be starting from their same level and we finally would have the trio embark on the raft not Sora and Riku taking the raft together just the two of them...

2. Change Coded's plot have the letter be summon to SRK that they found a mysterious journal message and need help solving it. Remove the coded computer nonsense and bring in Merlin with his magic to warp Sora, Riku, and Kairi's minds into the world of the journal's memories. Hey look we finally get SRK in their KH1 forms experiencing a form of KH1's adventure together and now the real Sora is experiencing everything so this all becomes relevant and is at least now a worthwhile KH1 rehash.

3. Not have Kairi stuck on the islands in KH1's end. There was never any reason Kairi had to remain when the plot literally goes and tells us SDG don't go back to their worlds cause "exception" and they could of made that exception for Kairi to no one would of thought it strange.

4. Not have Kairi be kidnapped and off screen 90% of KH2. Let her adventure around she has Pluto with her to sniff out dark corridors affording her a way to travel worlds and Axel pursuing her gives her a personal villain to deal with keeping her from meeting Sora. Then have Saix come in near the end to take her so she can still logically reach the org' world and act as a way for Sora to get in.

5. If Lea can get hyperbolic time chamber training and have that entire plot point created solely to bring him up to par with the others then god dang it we can do that for Kairi to.

There have been so many chances to do right by Kairi but they shelved her at every turn...

Griewer

Awards
are you forgetting the part in ddd where yen sid shoves lea into a magic time chamber to train him in how to use a keyblade, all off screen?

As I said "some sort of deus-ex power-up". It was stupid as f* with Lea as well. But even though it was stupid with Lea, he has one very important advantage... Lea has combat experience... and quite a lot at that.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
honestly, no one needs to see lea or kairi train. kairi more than held her own in kh2. having her train off screen (or not even bring it up) is a small price to pay for her to actually have a role in kh3. no one really said anything when roxas was able to wield the keyblade effortlessly, after all, and the dude could barely form complete sentences.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't need to see Kairi train or become powerful. I expect her to be able to hold her own in a process off screen (much to some peoples disappointment I'm sure)

There's only been a few characters we've seen from the bottom up, and there are plenty of others that we haven't but no one questions it.

I like Kairi and I hope they do great things with her just like they've done for Aqua, but I'm starting to think there are too many fans that are expecting way too much when you know it's probably not going to happen. It's doubtful we'll be getting a full training session of Kairi from 0 to 100.

I imagine at the beginning of the game, we'll see her at 0, and at about 25% of the way through, she'll probably show up again ready to fight. It didn't take wooden sword boy Sora to grow and take on Ansem SoD, I imagine it won't take long toooo much longer for Kairi to get to a reasonable power level. Probably the level of most party members or Leon's gang. I definitely think she'll probably be a party member at some point, just like Riku was at the last minute in KH2.

Hirokey123

Awards
Do we even need to have her train? Why can't she just go on an adventure partnered with say Sora or Riku and learn through trial by fire. The challenges will be tougher but that will logically result in her growing stronger much more quickly and having friends or partners can help offset challenges that alone be to much for her. I kind of resent the idea that Kairi needs to training to go on an adventure and be helpful, Sora and Riku needed training because they are spear heading the attack and acting as the main offense against Xehanort along with Mickey. But no one is like busting Lea's tail on him needing formal training and heck I don't think anyone is going to be talking about how Roxas and Xion need training before they can help when they come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back