• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Bleach - Thousand Year Blood War

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
Re: Bleach - "Everything's changed..."

I'm more pissed that Kenpachi has been robbed of victory once again. Give the man a break! After going through the trouble of killing off Unohana to gain all her strength, then training to learn the name of his zanpakuto, then mastering shikai, and now finally having his bankai literally handed to him, you would think he'd be able to defeat at least one opponent in this arc besides the unimaginative imagination guy. Kubo better get Kenny back in this fight somehow.

Awards

Huh? This chapter wasn't too bad. Glad to see what Byakuya can do after so long, even if it was only a little. And seeing all the captains work together was cool, since we've only had 1v1's for a while.

Relix

A traveler
Awards

I'm gonna say it: this chapter...wasn't bad. Don't get me wrong the arc and manga is still utter bull that i am doomed to read to the end of time and then some but this chapter as a standalone was structured completely different from previous...well [i]years[/i] of Bleach. The power up wasn't overly complicated (though the aging thing makes zero sense), the enemy made a reasonable response, they didn't forget Kenpachi, and then they showed what Byakuya could do. I don't know, this chapter (and I mean this chapter alone) was pretty decent.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards

Bleach.jpg

Overall I pretty much agree with Relix on the quality of this week's chapter. The setup was good, everyone got to contribute to the fight, and it was a good debut of Hitsugaya's new powers.

Hitsugaya's older-looking design actually looked pretty dang cool in battle. I had wondered why Kubo kept him in the Quincy outfit and not back in his Shinigami one after he was turned back from a zombie, but I see now it was to make a design that makes all his fangirls squee. Lol.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards

Am I going to have to jump back on Bleach?
Depends. You haven't missed much in the last six or so months of garbage fights against the Quincy, but now it looks like Ichigo, Orihime, and Uryu will finally get their turn in this final arc.

We've had one decent fight chapter last week and a chapter this time that seems to finally be pushing what are supposed to be the important main characters, so if you want to hope that Kubo can at least maintain this minimum level of quality then sure, give it a shot. But we've also seen Kubo pull this kind of switcheroo before and just go back to the garbage fights again for months after a quick tease.

Peace

Awards

Is it me or is this fight going at a decent pace?

Give it a bit and we'll be back to Yhwach monologuing about how awesome he is and how weak Ichigo is.

To be honest, I was actually expecting this to go a couple of more weeks before Ichigo remembered he had Bankai.

Relix

A traveler
Awards

Yeah I give this fight another chapter before it returns to garbage. But like it was previously said, this fight is actually going at a reasonable pace with reasonable counters and the dialogue...isn't that bad. That and the fight isn't like so heavily in the other person's favor too much. It feels a lot like when Ichigo fought Byakuya that first time he went Bankai. Just a less entertaining Ichigo and a very very boring villain

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards

Ywach: "You activated my trap card!"

again and again and again.

That said, I do like the way this fight has been going. It reminds me of the older days of Bleach. And plus we have Ichigo's new bankai to look forward to next chapter.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards

Nevermind. Just end this manga now.

I mean seriously. Two whole double page spreads back to back that were almost identical except one small detail. How lazy can you get?

And I don't even want to get started on the diddlyery that took place in this chapter. Ywach is on par with Fake Karakura Town Aizen trolling.

Last edited:

Relix

A traveler
Awards

By far the funniest way to kill any sort of chance at a decent fight LOL that was some classic stuff. Ah man, let me know when's its over guys. I've finally found peace

Awards

*sigh* I saw it coming, but I wanted to believe in you Kubo. Just hurry this along have Chair-sama release Aizen from his iron grip so we see whose trolling is superior. Though, after seeing Ichigo's bankai, I'm gonna say that it's actually his shikai. He's gonna get beat by Ywach, Isshin's going to take him to the dangai and train so he can use the Final Final for Super Real this time Quincy Hollow remix edition Getusga Tensho. And Orihime's still trying, so there's that.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

I mean seriously. Two whole double page spreads back to back that were almost identical except one small detail. How lazy can you get?
Lazy yes, but I found it hilarious!

I take amusement in how stupid the series become

Back