• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Evangelion - Anno apologizes about 3.0 + 1.0, 3.0 burned him out

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Evangelion - 2/2/2016 - 3.33: You Can (Not) Redo how long it took for this film to come out

Good trailer~ The sub sounds pretty solid from the snippets in that trailer, so I have hope. Honestly, it all falls on how Kaworu sounds, though.

Pandymint

Awards
Re: Evangelion - 2/2/2016 - 3.33: You Can (Not) Redo how long it took for this film to come out

I was not aware 3.33 was finally available stateside. I just walk into walmart to get a screen protector for my phone and a couple 9 volts for my distortion pedal and walk out with that plus 3.33 on Blu-Ray. It's a FUCKING HAPPY DAY.

Gonna have to watch it tonight and see what I think of it...

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Yep! It came out on Tuesday. C:

*impatiently waiting for Amazon preorder to arrive*

Pandymint

Awards

When is yours supposed to arrive? I've seen things here and there about people who forgot they ever preordered it, and then it just shows up on their doorstep. Talk about a silver lining to the day. xD

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

When is yours supposed to arrive? I've seen things here and there about people who forgot they ever preordered it, and then it just shows up on their doorstep. Talk about a silver lining to the day. xD
It came just as I was leaving for work.

I've been obsessively keeping up with this movie so there was no way to get a surprise like that for me. I can't imagine how crazy that would be! xD

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards

I can't believe it's made it here already. Time is really flying by. And yet, it took so damn long for it to get here.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

The Rebuilds have had quite the slew of unexpected delays. Honestly the one or two-simultaneous movie release schedule per year was kindof absurd from the beginning. But because of the delays I always forget about the movies until someone blurbs about it here. Glad the latest blu-ray is out. Didn't they do some tweaks to the dub since it's limited theatrical release stateside?

I'd pick it up only I'm hoping for some epic, 4-movie Rebuild bundle in the distant future.

Speaking of bundles, can the fifth, non-existent Eva omnibus come out now please?

Shogo-Kun

Awards

So I just finished watching 3.33 yesterday and... Holy Crap was it good! And by that, I mean the dub. Q is still honestly the weakest film of the Rebuild series for thus far, but the dub helped with that. And that's a good thing! It really made the film a lot more tolerable to watch and, dare I say, more awesome! Which leads me to think that the reason I disliked Q when I watched the sub over a year ago was because the Japanese version sounds so lifeless and soulless. However, the dub had something that the original Japanese didn't have, which was heart. Which is hilarious because reportedly Anno poured his heart and soul into Q, but his feelings didn't connect to me like they did with the original series. And doubly so since EVA is one of the rare anime where I can watch in both sub and dub and be perfectly fine as opposed to most anime that I watch where I'll only watch it in dub. The only possible explanation I have is that Rebuild doesn't really connect with me like the original series did, at least in it's native tongue. Or maybe it's the fact that the dub has so much flavor to it that made up for most of my misgivings about the film itself. Whatever the case, I'm glad for my purchase and I honestly can't wait for FINAL.

TL;DR: The dub is amazing and it managed to change my opinion on EVA: 3.0.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Speaking of bundles, can the fifth, non-existent Eva omnibus come out now please?
SERIOUSLY! I'm trying to figure out if I need to buy the volumes to finish my collection now or what. In which case... ugh.

Awards

I just finished watching 3.0, and I got say it was pretty good. I went in the the mind set of, "It's Eva, whatever happens roll with it." Though I felt if someone would've sat down and actually talked to Shinji, explained to him exactly what happened, things would've turned out better. But it wouldn't have been Eva if that happened, so I can forgive it. And, in true Eva fashion, it piled on more questions, instead of answering the ones from before. As much as I hope, 3.0+1.0 probably won't answer those questions either. Even so, I can't for the last film to be released, and see what crazy stuff happens. But at the ending preview, where Misato says Shinji will go to place where he can heal, I can't shake the suspicion Shinji's going to end up on a blue rock and everyone's going to tell him congratulations.

SERIOUSLY! I'm trying to figure out if I need to buy the volumes to finish my collection now or what. In which case... ugh.

Sadly, I don't think there is a final omnibus since there are only two volumes after the last one (at least as of now). I know how you feel. The two single volumes looks weird next to the giant omnibuses. It would cool if they released the last two volumes together, then did a whole volumes worth of concept art, interviews, etc.

Rydgea

Awards
Website
backloggery.com

Sadly, I don't think there is a final omnibus since there are only two volumes after the last one (at least as of now). I know how you feel. The two single volumes looks weird next to the giant omnibuses. It would cool if they released the last two volumes together, then did a whole volumes worth of concept art, interviews, etc.

There is easily enough content to flesh out a book of the same size. Honestly, I would prefer it to just having the final two volumes. Either way, I need it complete.

And Toachan, like me, you must buy them all. The individual books and the omnibuses. :E

shuyin_zer0

Awards

I just finished binging the entirety of this series for the first time (sans Death & Rebirth). I loved every minute of it (pretending that the original 25 & 26 don't exist)

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

I too started to watch Evangelion. I have only watched 3 episodes and I`m filled with sadness, all thou this is probably nothing compared to what will happen later on the series. :( Read some older comments which said that episode 18 is pretty dark, and the series takes a turn after that.

Last edited:

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Well, finished watching the 26 episodes and I liked it. The characters were human and made mistakes which I liked. I also usually like things that make me think but man were the last 3 episodes... a bit confusing. I think I got the hang of most of it(probably missed a ton thou...). Hmm, so I guess next are the movies?

Rydgea

Awards
Website
backloggery.com

So my local comic shop received the fifth, final omnibus prior to the June 14th release date. I am so excited to start buy the whole collection in bulk now.

Though, this last volume is a 2-in-1 and not a 3-in-1 and it runs about 150 pages less than the other books in the series. So this essentially squashes my hopes of Viz filling the void of a non-existent 15th book with goodies like excess art and interviews. I'll be OK.

It's here. <3 <3 <3

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

So my local comic shop received the fifth, final omnibus prior to the June 14th release date. I am so excited to start buy the whole collection in bulk now.

Though, this last volume is a 2-in-1 and not a 3-in-1 and it runs about 150 pages less than the other books in the series. So this essentially squashes my hopes of Viz filling the void of a non-existent 15th book with goodies like excess art and interviews. I'll be OK.

It's here. <3 <3 <3
How does it look compared to the 3-in-1?

My shop doesn't have it yet. </3

Rydgea

Awards
Website
backloggery.com

How does it look compared to the 3-in-1?

My shop doesn't have it yet. </3

It looks nice, but it's, well, obviously a third less in mass than the others. I'm OCD, so it's somewhat bothersome, but I'm stacking mine vertically, so it looks okay at the top (with an Asuka play-art laying over them).

AND good ol' Viz charges the same for this book as the actual 3-in-1s. :|

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards

So out of curiosity, how similar/different is the Evangelion manga compared to the anime (count EoE as the anime's ending).

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

An Apology To Evangelion Fans From Hideaki Anno

I know Anno started the Rebuild series as a way to overcome his past, but I feel like it was inevitable that he'd fall back into that depressive state that NGE put him in before. I can understand why 3.0 + 1.0 is taking so long, now, but jeez Anno why'd you do it to yourself? :c

No wonder 3.33 is the way it is.

Last edited:
Back