• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The 10 Year Wait for KH3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i'll play devil's advocate real quick just to say

i thought the secret ending was for III until it was confirmed to be for BbS. hell, there was a symbolic image of three keyblades in the yard.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Do you guys remember when everyone thought BBS was KH3?
Good old times.

EDIT:
Xickin said:
A lot of people thought that BBS was 3. And when it was revealed it wasn't 3, people still thought it was or at least a road bump to KH3.
heavily ninja'd, hahah

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Do you guys remember when everyone thought BBS was KH3?
Good old times.

And yet everyone who continued to think that a whole year later certainly didn't pay enough attention.

For the record:
I was not and I am not waiting at all for just one single game with a roman numeral behind it!

When it comes it comes and that's ok, when it doesn't...well, shit happens there's enough other stuff to fill your sparse free time with!

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
I understand the frustration but what are we to expect when Square announced 3 different titles for 3 different platforms back in 2007?

They sent the series from "fairly popular with great potential" to "niche series that only hardcore fans will follow and we'll grab what we can from each platform".

I have no idea which idiot thought that was in any way a good way to propel the franchise forward.

veep3.gif

So people (die-hards as well - including myself) got disappointed and since the games didn't seem to be as important* as KH3 in both story and scale, they got ignored.

* I know the importance of all 3 titles. Aside from BBS - which is mighty important, re:coded is filler whose purposeful story can be summed up in 3-4 scenes (you are lying if you say otherwise) and 358/2 Days, while having a great story that fleshes out Roxas and Co exists simply because they "needed another handheld title", so they retconned another character in just to create a game.

I've said it before.. the KH brand has taken the most damage because of Square's mismanagement in the last decade and beyond. And KH3 might just be the game that takes the fall

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
KH3 won't take the fall at all. The devs know full well that they lost people along the way. The start of the game will probably spend a ridiculous amount of time recapping and doing introductions to catch fans who dropped off up on things. People will still buy KH3 is droves, though.

KH3 won't lose sales because people didn't buy the other four games, but they probably will struggle a bit with the story. This won't be any different from when fans skipped CoM and jumped into KH2. They were confused then over how Sora was asleep for a year and who the Org was and why Namine was important.

If anything, it might inspire a few fans to go check out the games they missed

But I can say with certainty that most people who didn't care about the handheld games probably have very little investment in the story of the series in general and play for certain aspects (i.e. Gameplay, Disney characters, Final Fantasy characters)

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
No, KH3 will do well, I'm sure. But if it did flop, it would be deserved after all the platform-hopping, re-hashes, etc.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
No, KH3 will do well, I'm sure. But if it did flop, it would be deserved after all the platform-hopping, re-hashes, etc.

I have to admit platform-hopping is a weird argument to me to say KH3 deserves flopping.
I mean...they re-release(d) the games for a maximum of two consoles needed to "play" all of them. If one wants to PLAY Re:Coded and Days as well, one additional handheld is needed.
That's three consoles for an overall sum of nine "games". Dunno but I'd say that's quite okay.

Oh, I forgot Unchained in this....hm oh well. xD

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Been 10 years already? I think I just went through a time warp. I'll just get in a time machine and go forward in time when 2.8 and KH3 is out.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Been 10 years already? I think I just went through a time warp. I'll just get in a time machine and go forward in time when 2.8 and KH3 is out.
N-no..
That's what the Thread is about - nobody waited for 10 years, which means it hasn't been 10 years already.

Master Spockanort said:
[...] all relevant info is in 2.8, so I don't think it is worth counting it xD
This here. One might as well just skip the ReMixes, since DDD has tons of summaries and stuff.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Oh. Still, it's been a long time!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
This here. One might as well just skip the ReMixes, since DDD has tons of summaries and stuff.

I don't know if I agree with skipping the Remixes, only because the summaries in KH3D are still vague and people hate reading. If it isn't delivered visually, most people tune out.

But sadly there is no perfect solution to this beyond what KH2 did with flashback/recaps.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I don't know if I agree with skipping the Remixes, only because the summaries in KH3D are still vague and people hate reading. If it isn't delivered visually, most people tune out.

But sadly there is no perfect solution to this beyond what KH2 did with flashback/recaps.
I wouldn't recommend skipping them, either. Was just a thought. :D

Wasn't it originally planned for the summaries to include images?

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Wasn't it originally planned for the summaries to include images?
I think it was, but there just wasn't enough time.

Do you know just how much I would pay for a book that summarized all the major events of the KH franchise in a series of Nomura art?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

"Previously... on Kingdom Hearts Upon a Time"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back