• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tales of Thread | Tales of Zestiria the X, Berseria PV5, Vesperia Definitive Edition

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Blazingblue

Banned
Re: Tales of Zestiria - Out Now in Europe | Tales of Berseria - The Next Tales, PS3/PS4

Sadly my PS4 is the only system I own and I was currently going to buy a 3DS soon for a few other games. Maybe I should hold off for now?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Tales of Zestiria - Out Now in Europe | Tales of Berseria - The Next Tales, PS3/PS4

Sadly my PS4 is the only system I own and I was currently going to buy a 3DS soon for a few other games. Maybe I should hold off for now?

It would be better to weigh the pros and cons. Zestiria isn't the worst place to start. Depending on how you end up feeling about it, you may find that the next Tales game you are able to play is even better than it.

+ The cast is likable
+ The combat itself is very solid and enjoyable, especially when you get later on in the game
+ Music is good
+ Utilizes Arthurian legend to build the world and lore
~ The story is fairly basic good vs evil. It doesn't do anything new with that concept.
~ World design is kind of whatever. There are some bland areas and some really interesting ones.
- Camera is terrible
- Leveling is useless
- Skill system is broken and becomes even more apparent as you progress
- It's not an improvement on previous Tales games

Silh

Slippery People
Awards

buy then trade in your 3ds then buy another ps4 then get this game

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

My second Tales game is going to be Zestiria (since Abyss was my first and that was kind of... well...), which I am very excited for. I actually bought Symphonia Chronicles for the PS3 a couple of weeks ago, but I decided to hold off until Zestiria is out. Plus, it'll be great to start up once I do the Life is Strange finale since I'll need something just as gay to fill the void </3

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Protip: Always pay attention to your HUD to make sure you don't miss any skits. Also, when you get to save points make sure to check if there are skits there as well. Skits may also be attached to "Points of Interest" so pay attention after you find them (which pretty much means that you should explore every nook and cranny as much as possible!)

Blazingblue

Banned

It would be better to weigh the pros and cons. Zestiria isn't the worst place to start. Depending on how you end up feeling about it, you may find that the next Tales game you are able to play is even better than it.

+ The cast is likable
+ The combat itself is very solid and enjoyable, especially when you get later on in the game
+ Music is good
+ Utilizes Arthurian legend to build the world and lore
~ The story is fairly basic good vs evil. It doesn't do anything new with that concept.
~ World design is kind of whatever. There are some bland areas and some really interesting ones.
- Camera is terrible
- Leveling is useless
- Skill system is broken and becomes even more apparent as you progress
- It's not an improvement on previous Tales games
I've decided to buy this game on Friday and I'll give it a chance :) it looks like a game I could get into so thanks!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

My collectors edition has shipped! Sadly I won't be able to play it until I finish Life Is Strange on Wednesday so I'll probably start it on Friday.

Fair warning, if you also got the CE you will want to hold off looking at the artbook.

I've decided to buy this game on Friday and I'll give it a chance :) it looks like a game I could get into so thanks!

No problem, I suppose.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I need to get into a new game series and I love the battle style, similar to Star Ocean.

Yeah, that's the series with Edge Maverick in it right?

Fun fact: Tri-Ace used to work at Namco as part of the Tales team before splitting off and starting a new company. Star Ocean is essentially Tri-Ace's Tales. Even has the same composer (Motoi Sakuraba).

Blazingblue

Banned

Yeah, that's the series with Edge Maverick in it right?

Fun fact: Tri-Ace used to work at Namco as part of the Tales team before splitting off and starting a new company. Star Ocean is essentially Tri-Ace's Tales. Even has the same composer (Motoi Sakuraba).
Yup and Fayt and Sophia and many other great names. But that is a cool fact thanks!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Just nabbed the male summer resort costumes and I won't even be playing this game until like...Friday.

I am trash. Anime trash.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Your a true hero. Spread your teachings to the world.

header.jpg

I do it for Sorey and Mikleo <3

Happyfunshineman

Awards

Just nabbed the male summer resort costumes and I won't even be playing this game until like...Friday.

I am trash. Anime trash.

BTW, thanks for the save. I don't know why but I put this game on the 27th on my calendar. And here I thought I had a another week to plow through Xillia 2.

Kaneki

I am trash. Anime trash.

I bought it today too haha the whole set of it , I also found this in a store for £10

NRhGqsW.jpg

Couldn't believe it day 1 edition new unopened with the steel book case plastic cover too everything side 2nd soundtrack disc and all going for £10.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net

header.jpg

I do it for Sorey and Mikleo <3

Summer last forever.

It'll be awhile before I get Zestiria, watching playthroughs (good ones, no annoying ones or terrible players) and enjoying it, gonna get it for the big reason for the english cast and knowing the voices of the Zestiria crew.

But Symphonia and soon Aybss 3DS will keep me busy until I get it. So far it;s only the more recent 3D Tales games I've played.

Happyfunshineman

Awards

It'll be awhile before I get Zestiria, watching playthroughs (good ones, no annoying ones or terrible players) and enjoying it, gonna get it for the big reason for the english cast and knowing the voices of the Zestiria crew.

If your not going to get the game anytime soon be sure to download the After Story dlc while its free.

That's a nice find Kaneki. I bought and ignored Xillia 2 for a year because I didn't like the original a ton and now I'm regretting it. I'm playing it now and it's without a doubt my favorite Tales game since Vesperia.

Blazingblue

Banned

If your not going to get the game anytime soon be sure to download the After Story dlc while its free.

That's a nice find Kaneki. I bought and ignored Xillia 2 for a year because I didn't like the original a ton and now I'm regretting it. I'm playing it now and it's without a doubt my favorite Tales game since Vesperia.
Thanks for the heads up! I'll be getting this game on Friday!

Back