• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD Remix?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
It was on bbs's engine and made by the same team, who I believe are working on III. That being said, the remixes released were by a different department but square said their development was crucial in making III so making a DDD HD would only advance the development of III, especially on the same platform (PS4), by another team, which means they aren't taking resources away from Osaka. Not to mention it'll most likely boost awareness and excitement for III and be profitable so its a win-win. All they really need is something to add to the package and make it marketable to more than the core fanbase and we'll be good.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
It was on bbs's engine and made by the same team,
Yes. They even tested DDD assets in BbS Final Mix.

who I believe are working on III.
Can't remember that particular detail. .-.

the remixes released were by a different department
Correct. All of the HD Remasters are done by a department inside SE. There have been outsources, but they are kept to a very small minimum.

Not to mention it'll most likely boost awareness and excitement for III and be profitable so its a win-win.
Like another member said: DDD has a glossary of terms that can help the new players get into the hype of KH3.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I can't see a 3D HD not happening or not being a good thing for SE, but at the same time, I'm worried it may not be released. Here's hoping.

Anagram

Banned
Still would rather have some recap video on KH3 a la FF13-2s own method for FF13.
There's no way I could bring myself to tolerate it enough to play it again even with a final mix. Not unless some serious yet small changes are made to gameplay. I really hate the gameplay.

Story is meh. I'm indifferent. Riku had good development though.

des97

Awards
There are good chances it will be released along with KH3 in a sort of special edition I guess. But still, it's just a possibility. I'd really like it to happen and I'm still unsure whether or not I should finish the sidequests in the 3DS version: I don't wanna play it all over again lol

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I propose the idea that we should go with a complete remaster of Kingdom Hearts 3D with Kingdom Shader graphics. Have it as a bundle of the Kingdom Hearts 3 Final Mix package. Both of those games practically go hand in hand with each other!

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I propose the idea that we should go with a complete remaster of Kingdom Hearts 3D with Kingdom Shader graphics. Have it as a bundle of the Kingdom Hearts 3 Final Mix package. Both of those games practically go hand in hand with each other!
i can't imagine them spending the time necessary to rework the character models, backgrounds, physics, graphics, etc. they would need to basically recreate the entire game. i just don't see it. and as part of a kh3 remix isn't too sensible either, everyone who hasn't played kh is going to play the big title first before touching the side titles and be confused.

don't get me wrong, i'm all for a DDD ReMix, especially in the new art style, but i just don't see that happening. who knows tho, it's wouldn't be the first time SE has thrown us a curveball.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
KH3D looks perfectly fine and doesn't need any changes beyond some AA.

The graphics were honestly the best of any game released and sadly downsized for the 3DS. Also already has the best animations of any game (at least until KH3 comes out)

Literally a remaster need only be a simple remaster with a change in a few mechanics.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
If DDD was going to get a complete Kingdom Shader overhaul, all the other games would deserve it too. And just doing DDD would probably take too much time and resources. It's practically making a new game from scratch, except story and concept are already out of the way.

DDD just needs its graphics polished up a bit to fit a larger screen properly. They might have to alter some of the touchscreen-heavy mechanics, but otherwise, I think it's fine the way it is, as per KH standards.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
If they were to make a HD Remix, I would just want them to remove FlowMotion or make it better (it's just what I really want). The Touchscreen mechanics needs to go (if it was to have a remaster on a PlayStation or Xbox device). And I agree with Osprey, the graphics needs to fit on a bigger screen.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
KH3D looks perfectly fine and doesn't need any changes beyond some AA.

The graphics were honestly the best of any game released and sadly downsized for the 3DS. Also already has the best animations of any game (at least until KH3 comes out)

Literally a remaster need only be a simple remaster with a change in a few mechanics.
I disagree. Both the polgyon count of the models and the textures are below PS2-level and only slightly above BBS. I'm not really sure about the animations but I doubt there are more than in KH2.

Gameplay changes, especially for the Dream Eater mechanics, would be really if they are too gimmicky on the 3DS.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I disagree. Both the polgyon count of the models and the textures are below PS2-level and only slightly above BBS. I'm not really sure about the animations but I doubt there are more than in KH2.

The graphics in DDD are of higher quality than in the mainline games. It's hard to tell because the 3DS has horrible resolution, but if you upped the internal resolution of DDD, it'd look better than KH2 and KH1 on PS3. In terms of animations, I'm sure KH1 and KH2 are both ahead of DDD...

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
The graphics in DDD are of higher quality than in the mainline games. It's hard to tell because the 3DS has horrible resolution, but if you upped the internal resolution of DDD, it'd look better than KH2 and KH1 on PS3. In terms of animations, I'm sure KH1 and KH2 are both ahead of DDD...
I've seen (and examined) the model rips of the Keyblades, characters and most of the textures and that's simply not true.

You can cleary see it with in-game footage, if you look at the characters' feet.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
I've seen (and examined) the model rips of the Keyblades, characters and most of the textures and that's simply not true.

You can cleary see it with in-game footage, if you look at the characters' feet.
I honestly can tell that the graphics are the best in the series by seeing Sora's hair texture and how the remixes look like.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
I honestly can tell that the graphics are the best in the series by seeing Sora's hair texture and how the remixes look like.
Here you go:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

As I said, the feet are a dead giveaway.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Launchpad explained the visuals best. What we got on the cart is certainly not what the game was developed as.

As for animations, the facial and eye animations are well above those of past games. Much more expressive, near elimination of the static "fish face" present in every other game, and for a game that combined not only environmental interaction and increased party member interaction with a TON of party members, that alone requires more attentions to detailed animation than in past games as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back