• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD Remix?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
One should note that the environments in DDD were also far more detailed than in any other KH game.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
As for animations, the facial and eye animations are well above those of past games. Much more expressive, near elimination of the static "fish face" present in every other game, and for a game that combined not only environmental interaction and increased party member interaction with a TON of party members, that alone requires more attentions to detailed animation than in past games as well.
I can somewhat agree to that. But the lack of fish face in KH3D also stems from the fact that there are almost no non-cutscene conversations in the game. The fish face is and always was a placeholder to save development time.
There are a lot of party and enviroment interactions but at the same time the worlds are almost empty and the AI can act strange occasionally. As far as a handheld game goes DDD's quality leaves almost nothing to be desired but to say it reaches the same standard as KH or KHII is exaggerated at best.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Honestly, the largest glaring issue with the handheld games that completely sucks the fun out of them is the lack of proper stagger, and I do believe this to be a hardware issue. It changes the gameplay so much that it doesn't even feel like the same game series.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
All this talk about the 3DS' resolution makes me want KH DDD Remix (if there was to plan one) on the PS Vita instead of the 3DS, if they ever were to decide to make it portable. At least that screen has better resolution.

Happyfunshineman

Awards
Honestly, the largest glaring issue with the handheld games that completely sucks the fun out of them is the lack of proper stagger, and I do believe this to be a hardware issue. It changes the gameplay so much that it doesn't even feel like the same game series.

I'm a bit confused what you mean by this. I haven't played DDD in a while but I feel as though when I play BBS enemies stagger when I attack them. If enemies didn't stagger at all they would just walk through your attacks, no?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
kingdom hearts 2.9 is ddd hd unconfirmed. here is hoping, everybody light a candle.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Ironic that this thread got revived just in time for some info about this "2.9" to surface. *lights candle*

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
same irony as the HP thread being revived right before FBAWTFT being announced. get your bodies ready everyone, come december we'll be severely disappointed or hyped up the yin yang.

Ashton69

Awards
I'm a bit confused what you mean by this. I haven't played DDD in a while but I feel as though when I play BBS enemies stagger when I attack them. If enemies didn't stagger at all they would just walk through your attacks, no?

What he means is that if you hit an enemy (in the context of BBS and DDD) they won't be staggered during your combo and will just attack you. Just replay Vanitas's boss fight as Aqua in Neverland and you'll understand why this is really bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back