• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Rambling lunacy: The Journal of a madman

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SRKTAVRXAYGDM

Awards
I would hardly say that's amazing writing xP But then again, I don't easily accept compliments ;D

As for R, I haven't talked to him as much as I have the rest of you, maybe if he created his own account then we could get a little more used to him, or at least if he spoke up more! *waves to R*
Yeah, he says no account, and that I have to type for him. He..... can't use a computer actually. Can"t move his arms. So, yeah, I don"t think that will be happening........

DMrayZ

Digidork for life.
Awards
At the end of time, listening to the drums...
Ah, well, then he's definitely gotta speak up more, ya know? I'd like to get to know him just as well as you.

*notices my, 'waves' comment*

Damnit, I can't seem to stop putting my stupid foot in my stupid mouth tonight.

*Inserts both feet into mouth*

I won't ask about it, because, having a disability, I have sort of a "if they don't mention it, you don't" rule, but if he ever wants to talk about it, I'm sure most of us (Lan, Me, Rox) would definitely be able to relate, to some kind of extent.

And just so we can change this conversation if you both want to. Anybody else excited for Kickass 2? It actually looks like it'll be good.

SRKTAVRXAYGDM

Awards
It does doesn't it? But no need for subject change. I'll convince R to speak up more. Hey, he might even join the order of the disabled!

Remember this is your journal. Don't need to go off topic, now.

DMrayZ

Digidork for life.
Awards
True, but like I said, from my experience some people are totally open with their stuff, (Personally I am) and others prefer not to talk about it. As you've seen, I don't mind talking about spending time in the hospital, or whatever, but I definitely want to respect others feelings on it. Also, if things get too deep or touchy I have to make a joke.

And definitely! We can always use people to help us in our plans of... Whatever it is we're doing!

ALL WILL BOW TO OUR DESIRES OF SOMETHING OR OTHER! MUAHAHAHAHA!

DMrayZ

Digidork for life.
Awards
Sooooooo....

Entry #8​

Life is rough, hard, and oft-times unfair.

Now don't get me wrong, it can be downright beautiful at times, but for when it's not, I believe it's important to hold something sacred.

Personally, I'm a Christian, but I get that Christianity, or religion in general, might not be the thing for you. Heck, it took me many years to figure out my own beliefs. But spending all that time figuring it out is what made me realize how important it is to have something to hold sacred.

Maybe it's a moral code, or a certain value. Maybe it's a personal belonging, something that holds value just to you. But whatever it is, find something to hold sacred. Have something you won't allow the world to corrupt. Something that no matter what happens, or where you go, will never ever be changed.

Something just for you.

Like I said, I'm a Christian now, but before I figured that out, my thing was Loyalty. Obviously I can't control others, but I swore to myself and the universe that I would always be loyal to the ones I cared for, come hell or high water. Then, when life would kick me and I'd hit the ground, I knew, no matter what it took, I still had something that nothing could take from me.

tl;dr Find something important to you, never let it go.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
Mm, that's deep and I agree with ya.

See, I have a very high moral code to me and that's pretty much the same as Batman and that's not killing people; otherwise, if you do that, you just became part of what they do. I do have another moral code: treating other like people, even if they are good people or bad people like criminals, they're still human.

That sound like Sora, ehehe? I suppose I am a mixture of Sora/Batman with both moral codes important to me.

SRKTAVRXAYGDM

Awards
My code is listening to both side of the story before judging. Seen too many people only listening to half of it, and making unfair judgements. Monkey see, monkey do not do.

DMrayZ

Digidork for life.
Awards
Lol, Monkey do do =D

I know, I'm incredibly immature, but I enjoy it ;D Seriously though, I tend to be the person people come to with problems. I used to mediate a lot of arguments between my mom and sister, since it was just the three of us back then. So I freakin' Love people that realize how important it is to hear both sides, and get the facts straight. Too many people don't these days.

Also, Rox, I'm very glad your against killing people, it'd kind of worry me if you weren't.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I'd have to think on it a lot. I can easily say my family and boyfriend are the most important things in my life. But, I can't keep them alive forever or protect them at all times. I don't have super powers like Supes or Batman; it'd be awesome if I did. :3 Mmm, could "Diginity" count?

Roxie1563

Awards
Lol, Monkey do do =D

I know, I'm incredibly immature, but I enjoy it ;D Seriously though, I tend to be the person people come to with problems. I used to mediate a lot of arguments between my mom and sister, since it was just the three of us back then. So I freakin' Love people that realize how important it is to hear both sides, and get the facts straight. Too many people don't these days.

Also, Rox, I'm very glad your against killing people, it'd kind of worry me if you weren't.

Well, don't worry either way; I think it pretty much keep me straight and narrow. I may have not read much comics of Batman except for a few issues of Spider-Man, but I'm very close in terms of views with Batman.

You could say he's my model for life. :D

DMrayZ

Digidork for life.
Awards
Entry #9

So, I saw this movie today (Kickass 2) and at the risk of giving away anything, basically there's a part where one person says to another person who's just experienced something tragic "Maybe that's what being a hero is about, taking the pain, and the hurt, and turning it into something good.". It got me to thinking. I don't think that just applies to heroes, or at least, it shouldn't.

I'll level with you. I have a chronic illness, but more than that, I experienced a traumatic even when I was ten, and as a result, I lost nearly everything. I had to cut off contact with everyone I had ever know, friends, family, even my dog. I lost all my possessions, and went to live with my mom (Until then I had always lived with my step-mom and dad). All I had left was my mom and my sister, and we moved across the country (Ohio to Arizona).

I'll admit, for a long time, I was angry, but I wanted to use that anger, I wanted to use the pain, and anger, and hurt that I felt and use it to protect others. For a long time, I honestly wanted to become a crimefighter.

Obviously, I've grown up, and realized that

1) I'm basically incapable of causing another person harm on purpose, it's just not in my nature.

and 2) That's not what I want out of life.

But still, I use the pain I felt, and the hurt, to help others. I'm part of the leadership team at my church, and I council a Lot of people when they're going through tough times. It's my passion, and my ambition.

My point, in this rant. Is that bad things happen, that's just the way life is. But the best thing you can do, is take all that you go through, and use it for Good.

Because maybe that's why it had to happen in the first place.

SRKTAVRXAYGDM

Awards
Crime fighters aren't the only heros. Everyday people can be heros, too. Helping others and putting thevpast behind you, that's what can make you a hero.

So, was Kickass 2 any good?

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
DM, you are and always will be a hero. ;) You still follow your dreams, ambitions and passions. I think you qualify in being a hero or crime fighter. You just have a different way of going about it.

DMrayZ

Digidork for life.
Awards
Meh, I've spent my life doing my best to stay humble and modest, so I just assume everyone else is nuts. Still, if something I say, or do, or Anything helps in some way, then I'll do it as much as I can.

And Kickass 2 was awesome in my opinion. The critics are being way harsh on it, but everyone I've talked to who saw it loved it.

Roxie1563

Awards
Uhh, I don't think I ever saw both movies. I think I'm used to seeing PG-13 heroes movies than Rated R heroes like The Punisher and Blade, I think.

But yeah, I wanted to be a superhero, but that would take years and I know myself that I'll be bored by the time I start, so. :p

DMrayZ

Digidork for life.
Awards
Uhh, I don't think I ever saw both movies. I think I'm used to seeing PG-13 heroes movies than Rated R heroes like The Punisher and Blade, I think.

But yeah, I wanted to be a superhero, but that would take years and I know myself that I'll be bored by the time I start, so. :p

Well the second one literally came out yesterday, so lots of people haven't seen it. But it sounds like you've probably never seen either, because it's way different that a blade or punisher type of movie.

I uh, think you might've missed the point of that entry, Rox. xP

SRKTAVRXAYGDM

Awards
Well the second one literally came out yesterday, so lots of people haven't seen it. But it sounds like you've probably never seen either, because it's way different that a blade or punisher type of movie.

Don't worry, DM. Sometimes people miss my posts entirely. xp

Roxie1563

Awards

Lol, sorry about that.. I sometimes get myself off track.

I saw the first one today and well, I'm not used to seeing so much blood and I don't like heroes killing stuff. :/ In fact, that should be a rule: No killing baddies!

SRKTAVRXAYGDM

Awards
Lol, sorry about that.. I sometimes get myself off track.

I saw the first one today and well, I'm not used to seeing so much blood and I don't like heroes killing stuff. :/ In fact, that should be a rule: No killing baddies!
Sometimes killing is the only way the baddies can be stopped. Doesn't mean the y should kill, everybody. Use some restraint.

Roxie1563

Awards
Sometimes killing is the only way the baddies can be stopped. Doesn't mean the y should kill, everybody. Use some restraint.

Well, it should be used in only very extreme situation like in Man of Steel: Superman had to kill Zod to save a family from dying. Batman is known for not killing because if he did, he would be the very thing he avoids to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back