• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Rambling lunacy: The Journal of a madman

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
Some people deserve worse than death...

Maybe so, but like I said: use it in only extreme situations.

You ever feel like you're having the Bleeding Effect? :p I sometimes feel like it.

DMrayZ

Digidork for life.
Awards
At the end of time, listening to the drums...
This turned pretty dark, in hindsight...

Entry #10​

I remember when the whole "Brony" phenomenon first started. I was quite perplexed, here was a show about colorful, bright, happy ponies, that people, mainly guys, my age were getting into. At first I thought it had to be a joke, but I soon realized that these people were serious. They actually enjoyed My Little Pony. I was absolutely confounded, and the more I heard about it, the more fascinated I became with the whole phenomenon.

Finally, one day I decided that I would humor it, I would undergo an experiment into the Brony subculture, not only watching the show, but exploring the fandom, looking into websites, forums, etc. And so I watched the first episode. I had to admit, it was a brilliant show for kids, full of good values and morals, devoid of violence and negativity. At the least I knew it was something I'd be happy to have my niece and nephew watch (both under the age of five at the time), but I still couldn't see why college age males would enjoy it.

And so, I watched another episode, and to my surprise, I found myself laughing, actually laughing at some of the humor. I was in the hospital at the time, in a room to myself, and had been feeling the weight of isolation and loneliness settling in, yet somehow, those feelings were beginning to lessen. I was actually happier from watching this show. And after a third episode, and talking with various members of the forums, I myself, though I hated to admit it, had become a Brony. It wasn't just the show, though admittedly it helped my mentality, but it was also the members of the fanbase itself. Healthy, optimistic, kind people, nothing weird about them apart from a love of a childrens show.

I admit that it's weird, and can't blame anyone for being confused by it, but I'm proud to be a brony.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Good times, good times. I remember when everyone was uttering the words "My Little Pony" and "Brony" in forum insanity for awhile. That takes me way back in nostalgic. Can't say, I ever watched the show but, happy it could brighten up your time at the hospital, DM.

Trying new things can be fun. I know the previous year before, I tried this manga called Kuroshitsuji and always wonder, what it was about. Never thought I'd take such huge interest in it and fall in love with the series, becoming part of the fandom. :D Glorious fandom to exist that make me proud to be a part of.

Roxie1563

Awards
Wow, DMZ.. Just wow. I have not seen a side of you before. xD But that's good if you like the show. :3

I can't say if I saw it or not.. I'm used to watching superheroes show, you know? I guess I didn't think about it.

DMrayZ

Digidork for life.
Awards
So... It's been a while since I wrote anything (darn procrastination! xP) so I figured I'd make it up by making a legitimate post that actual makes sense and touches on some personal issues of mine. So suit up everybody, it's about to get deep >;D

Entry #11

Lost self esteem is one of the worst things a person can deal with, especially when it's so bad that it holds you back. I've spent my entire life keeping myself modest, and humble. Whenever I became boastful, or started bragging, I'd tell myself to be humble, that I really wasn't that great. But in hindsight, I took it too far. A little pride is good for a person, it's good to feel like there's something you do well, or feel like you have a talent that others lack. It's good to feel special. But I never allowed myself that, and instead of maintaining a sense of modesty, I developed a feeling of inferiority.

So my point is this. Take pride in who you are, and what you're capable of. Everybody has a gift, or a talent, or something that's unique to them, and that's not something to hide. Rather, embrace it, be excited by it, and show it to the world. Because otherwise, what good is it?

SRKTAVRXAYGDM

Awards
I liked this one. One of my favourite sayings is, everything in moderation. Be proud, but not too proud.

Everything in moderation......including moderation? Might have to write something about this one.....

Last edited:

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
I think you're onto something, DMZ. I feel the same way, actually. If someone has a talent, no matter what it is, they should show it off to the world like a giant Christmas tree or something like that.

Roxie1563

Awards
That's an interesting update, DM. You know, I have few talents like using my sign language to help deaf people out, but I guess I'm proud of it, but not that proud it could lead to my downfall like the Roman Empire did. :D

And you're right: It was deep, man.. So deep that the dead is beginning to feel it. xD

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
You're right, DM. You should always be proud of yourself for anything you do. Even if you can't always see it or believe it's true, when people compliment you about that special talent of yours.

DMrayZ

Digidork for life.
Awards
Honestly, I've always seen it like that spider-man quote. "With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility", a persons talent, that's their power, and their responsibility is to use it to make the world a better place. I don't mean you have to go and change the world, just that you should strive to do good, and bring some kind of positivity to it.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Honestly, I've always seen it like that spider-man quote. "With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility", a persons talent, that's their power, and their responsibility is to use it to make the world a better place. I don't mean you have to go and change the world, just that you should strive to do good, and bring some kind of positivity to it.

I think that's a way of life most try to live by, but these people often fail at it in some way, shape, or form. I mean, if a person can find happiness, if they can find solace in living a simple life, then maybe — just maybe — they will reach the goals of, as you so greatly put it, striving to do good and bring positivity to their life as a result.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
When you start caring about what others feel and stop thinking that YOUR views are important...well, THAT'S a problem. Being modest or making allowances for your friends and such rather than further yourself is not, by ANY means, a bad thing. But it's when you take it too far, like you said. People learn to step on you, and you learn to take the hit, but when others try to better you, you better them instead. I know what that's like.

I always say "Try to be the bigger person." But that "bigger person" shouldn't be able to get stepped on or pushed aside by their own modesty. Nowadays, when someone compliments me, I take it the extra mile and accept it while complimenting THEM, too. I'm still not that good at accepting praise rather than avoiding it, but I think we all gotta relearn things sometimes. ;3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back