• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5 ReMIX- Images + Tai Yasue & Tetsuya Nomura Interview!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

And the news just keeps coming! As you already know, we had previously heard that KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5 ReMIX- would be featured in this week's issue of Famitsu Weekly, with a gorgeous new CG key art on the cover and interview with Director Tetsuya Nomura, Co-Director Tai Yasue and Composer Yoko Shimomura.

Famitsu just updated with plenty of new screens, the key art and the interview with Yasue and Nomura! We'll have translations coming soon, so stay tuned!

Edit: Thanks to Zephyr, we have translations of the article!

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX is finally released.
New footage and mini interview from the development staff!

In the HD remastered version, I am deeply moved by the impressive story once again in KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX.

Square Enix released KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX on March 14th, 2013. KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX coincides along with KINGDOM HEARTS’s 10th anniversary. KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX and KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories are upscaled in HD and KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days has been made into three hour long footage which are the three works in this collection. That is, to commemorate its release, Director Tetsuya Nomura, Co Director Tai Yasue have been interviewed about the new footage that have been released to the public.

Seven titles are published for the KINGDOM HEARTS series. We used the overseas version as a base for making KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX. In chronological order, KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep starts the earliest on the timeline which leads into Sora’s story in the series. KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX includes three works that’s meant to be played one after the other. We’re introducing the beginning portions of the series in full/perfect content to prepare for the upcoming battle.

Trophy support is added to the three works in this collection. In KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX, there’s an ability which is obtained at the beginning of the game that allows you to not gain experience, EXP Zero. The camera controls are modified and revised for easier play.

KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX

In the first game, Sora sets off in a journey and meets with Donald and Goofy. KINGDOM HEARTS previously was released in March 2002 and in that same year, the North American version was a vital component for creating KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX. In KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX, the FINAL MIX version has been upscaled into HD and the English voices has been converted to Japanese voices in this version. Let’s enjoy this nostalgic excitement from the past reborn with greater visuals.

STORY

Warm sunshine pours on this peaceful world, Destiny Islands.

Residents of Destiny Islands, Sora, Riku, and Kairi embark on an adventurous journey to the outside world.
The day before they set off on their journey, Destiny Islands is engulfed in darkness and the three of them become separated.

However simultaneously, Donald and Goofy from Disney Castle were given orders from the King who had recently left to accompany a person who wields the “Key”.

Sora was flown into the outside world and there, he meets Donald and Goofy. When Destiny Islands was swallowed by darkness, Sora was given the Keyblade. Together with Donald and Goofy, they embark on a journey.

Changes from the original version:

• Character models are updated in high resolution.
  • English voices are now changes to Japanese voices.
  • Trophy support is added.
  • You can obtain a custom PS3 theme when you clear the game.
  • Abilities like EXP Zero, no experience is gained, and Combo Master, continue combos regardless of missing, are added.
  • Controlling the camera has been switched to the right analog stick. The R3 button is placed in the back.
  • “Talk” and other special abilities are performed with the triangle button.
  • “Magic” and “Summon” are given individual command slots.

KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories

Immediately after the events of KINGDOM HEARTS begins the story of KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories; unfolding the mysteries of Organization XIII in Castle Oblivion. You will be able to play in the perspectives of Sora and Riku’s fate. It should be noted that KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories, included in KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5, was originally bundled with KINGDOM HEARTS II FINAL MIX+ which was released for the PS2 in 2007. This is also a remake of the Gameboy Advance version released in 2004, KINGDOM HEARTS Chain of Memories.

STORY

After finishing the final battle between one person, the whereabouts of Riku and the King are unknown. Sora, Donald, and Goofy continued their search in unexpected locations. Along the way, Sora was led to Castle Oblivion by a man in black coat. A mysterious girl named Namine is awaiting in the castle along with a man in black coat who’s “Lord of the Castle” and part of a mysterious Organization. Around the same time, Riku was guided to Castle Oblivion by a mysterious man. In this castle, to find is to lose and to lose is to find.

Changes from the original version:

• The menu and user interface are given higher resolution.
  • Trophy support is added.
  • You can obtain a custom PS3 theme when you clear the game. 

KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days

The story revolves around the mysterious schemes of Organization XII; which one year has passed between the events of KINGDOM HEARTS’s end and KINGDOM HEARTS II. In KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories, the truth has been realized and it explains the whole details behind KINGDOM HEARTS II’s prologue; helping you uncover the mysteries of the series. KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days, being part of KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5’s collection, the original version was released for the Nintendo DS 2009 and the story has been made into about three hour long footage. Roxas writes in his Diary, “Roxas’s Diary”, and there is also a “Secret Report” fully detailing information from other members of the Organization.

STORY

One boy was awakened in a place named Twilight Town. The boy’s name is Roxas and he has no memories of the past. Roxas became a member of Organization XIII doing daily missions with his mentor Axel. Their friendship continues to strengthen. They have daily and silly conversations on top of the clock tower while watching the sunset in Twilight Town.

Slowly becoming familiar with the Organization, a new mission was given that day. The fourteenth member, Xion. A new presence joined Organization XIII.

Ever since they’ve met her, the fate of those three begins to change significantly.

Changes from the original verson:

• Event scenes from the original version are upscaled.
  • Event scenes from the original version that didn’t have voices are now voiced.
  • You can enjoy their days in the form of chapters.
  • “Roxas’s Diary” is available from the start and the “Secret Report” is available after finishing the footage.
  • A character glossary with detailed descriptions of those characters are added.
  • After checking all of the contents, you can get a PS3 theme.
  • Trophy support is added; depending if you’ve watched a certain point

Staff Interview

Finally, we have published an interview of Tetsuya Nomura, director of the KINGDOM HEARTS series, and Co Director Tai Yasue. We will have an interview of Yoko Shimomura, music composer of the series, who was also responsible for recording the orchestra “gaQdan”. The interview will be revealed later at Famitsu.

Interview with Tetsuya Nomura

Please tell us what difficulties did you encounter in KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX?

There was a time where I had to work with data and there was little time remaining. Although I was suppose to be the one exploring the program, I was being helped by programmers. I was given orders where I could change the quality. There were a number of things I’ve been told that couldn’t be changed. In addition, KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days is summarized into footage that ranged from elements from KINGDOM HEARTS II.

In the HD version, is there a scene do you particularly recommend?

For those that already played the game, the movie is much more beautiful and it gives you a strong sense of nostalgia. I guess the impressions depend for each person. During the time of KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories’s PS2 version, the image quality was not great considering its capacity. It may be very fresh for you to see it once again in high quality.

About the boxart illustration, please tell us what’s the concept and the interesting aspects about it?

The illustration has a similar design to the artwork of the first game’s soundtrack. Since I wasn’t able to have more opportunities, I tried to remake/remaster it just like the game itself. Also, the picture is divided into three sections to reflect the three games.

Finally, what other messages do you want to leave for readers?

KINGDOM HEARTS has become a very long series. For those that are being introduced to the series for the first time or are veteran players, it’s nice to be able to offer this opportunity for others to play. I want to commemorate it with many people as much as possible before the final battle.

Interview with Tai Yasue

Working with HD, tell us how did the development process go? What about the returning staff who worked on the original version?

Currently, I’ve been working as the Co Director in charge of the KINGDOM HEARTS series. I’ve been in situations where I’ve been working on multiple projects at the same time. Our working schedule has been very complicated. For KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX, there are five programmers from Osaka and a large number of planners and designers from Osaka and Tokyo. The staff from the original version of KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX weren’t involved too much. Masaru Oka was serving as the cutscene director for KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days. Most of the staff I’ve worked with are very KINGDOM HEARTS minded. (Laughs)

What difficulties did you had with this work and where did you get stuck?

I had problems with adding the new control operations and the abilities. We’ve tweaked/improved a lot of things from KINGDOM HEARTS into KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX. Because the game was already completed before, side effects occurred whenever we’ve tried added something manually. Also, while playing with the ability EXP Zero, I couldn’t beat a particular boss no matter how hard I tried. Finally, starting into the cold, I repeatedly did some adjustments during the last minute debugging phase. I had a hard time in terms of sorting all of those problems.

During the development, were there any memorable moments?

In the axis of development, there are two programmers who are like comical duos and bug reports came from testers in the second half of the development from an impressive berserk transformation of a character. While this Final Fantasy character had his attack powered up in berserk mode, the programmers had to force “C++ power” in there and they were fixing the bug with a ferocious look. There was a force on par with the Final Fantasy character that’s in berserk mode that I was afraid and I backed away. I putted sound effects that made it feel like “Passion! Gooooooo!”

What scene do you particularly recommend in KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX?

In KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX, Peter Pan told Sora, “Fly Sora! Believe and you can do it!”, and Sora flies when he jumps down. I also recommend the part where Sora battles Captain Hook. Not only are the visuals beautiful, the camera can be turned more easily with the left analog stick and fighting Heartless are much more comfortable. In the original version, I remember how I was impressed with the battling and how it’s linked to the story. Having this revived in HD, I was impressed once again.

Finally, what messages would you like to leave for readers?

Developing KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX, I felt very confident about the hardware changes. No matter how much technology has evolved, the nature and world of classic games with its narrative and visuals does not fade; even after many years. Three works are included in KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX and they are masterpieces that are great in different aspects. Being revived for the PS3, it had become a lot more colorful. Please play it by all means.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Re: New KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5 ReMIX- Images + Tai Yasue Interview!

CG%20Art.jpeg

Now they just need to make it a bit bigger and NEW AVATAR TIME!!!!!!!! Oh crap, there is also that new Moogle for KHXchi <.< decisions decisions...

Gram

Banned
Awards

Not used to all this info at once...I'm feeling spoiled but i love it~

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Prepare for the worst tomorrow, you'll keep checking KHi...but nothing new will be waiting for you :(

I'd welcome that with open arms xD We seriously need a vacation after all this.

kupo1121

Awards

I'd welcome that with open arms xD We seriously need a vacation after all this.

lol I completely forgot you guys have had no sleep for like...what is this, 25 hours now? Sorry about that >_< You guys do an awesome job editing the site, I wish there was someway I could help but I am bad...like...atrocious at understanding the text you guys use to edit the front page so if anything...the site would go down in flames within 10 seconds after I take the lead haha

Light

faster than
Awards
These images look so amazing. Hype just increased by 100%. I think I will eat them in the corner now...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Sign and Chaser are melting and they need to be put in a bed for a week or given a vacation.

Guh these images are gorgeous. (but Fami why so tiny?)

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

lol I completely forgot you guys have had no sleep for like...what is this, 25 hours now? Sorry about that >_< You guys do an awesome job editing the site, I wish there was someway I could help but I am bad...like...atrocious at understanding the text you guys use to edit the front page so if anything...the site would go down in flames within 10 seconds after I take the lead haha

Rofl, there's no need to be sorry! xD The news high carries us everywhere and you all make this job worthwhile!

We just want them to slow down a bit rofl. There's gotta be a limit on how much news you can put out so soon after a release.

kupo1121

Awards

We just want them to slow down a bit rofl. There's gotta be a limit on how much news you can put out so soon after a release.

But SE is all like...WE MUST RELEASE IT NAO!!!!
161871__safe_animated_scootaloo_sweetie-belle_one-bad-apple_spoiler-s03e04_cutealoo.gif.gif

Dear SEJP,

tumblr_mcvv229WWP1r98m7m.gif

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
CG%20Art.jpeg

now that's just grooossss

everything else looks pretty great though

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Dat Keyart...just gorgeous.
(Could be a bit bigger though, Famitsu!)

Big thanks out to all the staff to keeping up with this avalanche. ^__^
I take a big guess and assume you all need some Red Bull or Coke to stay that highly tuned. ;)

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Actually it's the news high! Works much better~

Wheeeeeeeee~

VenAqua

Anyone else notice Goofy casually flying in the Xemnas battle screen? Much better idea than fighting him!

kupo1121

Awards
Come on Famitsu!!! Give us the image but larger...I'm nervously waiting in my seat for it >.< The small photo looks kind of rough around the edges of the characters I'm assuming because the image is too small. NOW IF THIS WERE MADE INTO A 1000 PIECE PUZZLE...MY GOD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back