• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kairi

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I could see her using the same magic Mickey uses....meaning Pearl.

But yeah, I see her like Aqua, only weaker in strength and around the same for magic.

That's pretty much how imagine her too. Though to make for the lack of...everything. I can imagine her being stronger than Aqua at magic eventually.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
To sort of expand on what Day said, the "issue" with Kairi is that she's at a complete physical disadvantage. She's not strong, she's not fast, she doesn't have great defense or endurance. Of course these things will have to be improved upon but the only advantage she has is that she has a pure heart of Light that grants her certain abilities so most likely (Light) magic will be her forte. Even if the Keyblade all around enhances her she'll still be weaker than literally everyone else because she's the last to start learning how to fight.

She not strong yea, she a girl. The girls in the series or other nomura works are rarley power chracters. While light magic for her is a given, if ven and sora can cast holy so can she we don't know what her forte will be, she could be fast, or defensive. But i do understand that she will be at the disadvantage to starting to late, and having to play catch up will proably be somthing her chracter faces. Unless nomura makes her some kind of prodigy, but i feel like that would make fans mad.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
It's not about her being a girl, it's just about her, really. She's always been the damsel-in-distress, and her now joining in on the action just makes me think she'll be weak physically.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
She not strong yea, she a girl. The girls in the series or other nomura works are rarley power chracters. While light magic for her is a given, if ven and sora can cast holy so can she we don't know what her forte will be, she could be fast, or defensive. But i do understand that she will be at the disadvantage to starting to late, and having to play catch up will proably be somthing her chracter faces. Unless nomura makes her some kind of prodigy, but i feel like that would make fans mad.
No, that is not why.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
Seriously, damsel-in-distress is all that I'll really ever see her as.
unless she spams Curaza on me (which im sure will be a kupoing spell in III)

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
It's not about her being a girl, it's just about her, really. She's always been the damsel-in-distress, and her now joining in on the action just makes me think she'll be weak physically.

Why is it so bad that she is a or was a damsal in distrees. She is a leading lady in a rpg it happens. I can't be upset with her if somone like axel grabs her by the wrist and she cant break free its not her fualt.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
So is half the thread here gonna be Kairi bashing? No, alright then, allow me to give in my thoughts.

Now Kairi for me would be her in Dead Fantasy. She's a princess of Heart so she could tap into some light magic. Also with Namine's help she could get some memory powers to boot. She's gonna need train, but so does Lea. Master Yen-Sid or Riku could train the both of them till they get better.

Also to Day. Yeah she got kidnapped like once. The first time she was in Sora's body so Kh1 doesn't really count. Get over it. I'm over Riku being a back stabbing whiner. He got past that, and is starting to shape into a true badass. Let's have some faith and see where she goes.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
Or maybe everyone will become great due to the Keyblade just giving them skills, we really don't know how this whole Kairi business is going to play out.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
You still need to learn how to use a sonic screwdriver, before you become awesome. I don't think it works like that.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
So is half the thread here gonna be Kairi bashing? No, alright then, allow me to give in my thoughts.

Now Kairi for me would be her in Dead Fantasy. She's a princess of Heart so she could tap into some light magic. Also with Namine's help she could get some memory powers to boot. She's gonna need train, but so does Lea. Master Yen-Sid or Riku could train the both of them till they get better.

Also to Day. Yeah she got kidnapped like once. The first time she was in Sora's body so Kh1 doesn't really count. Get over it. I'm over Riku being a back stabbing whiner. He got past that, and is starting to shape into a true badass. Let's have some faith and see where she goes.
Other than one incredibly sexist comment, no one was really bashing her.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Sexisam is still bashing. Just saying.

And I said, other than one incredibly sexist comment. Bashing people for not liking her is just as bad as people bashing her. The point of this thread is to discuss her future.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Sexisam is still bashing. Just saying.

But you completely ignored the other 21X posts in favor of ranting. And I think you're really just fooling yourself because you are clearly not over Riku and still hate him. You know, you don't have to like a character.

Let's get back to this Kairi business. The canon one. Not the fantasy headcanon one. Of course that excludes your wishes of a Dead Fantasy-esque Kairi because the actual one isn't like that.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
How do you think she will play out Sign-chan?
idk if you've stated it before, too many pages

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Why is it so bad that she is a or was a damsal in distrees. She is a leading lady in a rpg it happens. I can't be upset with her if somone like axel grabs her by the wrist and she cant break free its not her fualt.

Your sexism is not becoming. It's bad because multiple times she tries to show she isn't a damsal in distress, so...

Not sure what you mean since this thread only had bashing early on from one person and the rest has been just critical analysis of her character by people who kinda do believe in the development of her character in future games.

Now Kairi for me would be her in Dead Fantasy.

Like I said earlier, this is nothing anybody can use to explain how she will be in canon. People can wish all they like she'll be like what Montyoum or any other person has created a headcanon of, but she is never going to be there.

Also with Namine's help she could get some memory powers to boot.

Namine's powers were caused by her special birth, and I thought KH3D established they (being the people connected to Sora like Roxas, Xion, and Namine) are individuals and not just pieces of people and there is a chance they might once again live their own lives?

She's gonna need train, but so does Lea. Master Yen-Sid or Riku could train the both of them till they get better.

I swear Lea was being trained by the three good fairies and Merlin?

KH1 counts just as much as KH2. Also KH2 she was kidnapped twice. Once by Axel then by Saix. I still don't get how Riku was ever a backstabbing liar but again whatever. I respect your opinion.

Nobody was doubting where she is going.

Yes but does he know how to use a Keyblade? No, he's gonna have to change his fighting tactics.

Not really. Riku didn't change his fighting style much at all after getting Way to Dawn. Lea will wield however he wants, which will probably be with a lot of long-range attacks and fire spells. Just like how Riku's stapel is still dark attacks.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
But you completely ignored the other 21X posts in favor of ranting. And I think you're really just fooling yourself because you are clearly not over Riku and still hate him. You know, you don't have to like a character.

Let's get back to this Kairi business. The canon one. Not the fantasy headcanon one. Of course that excludes your wishes of a Dead Fantasy-esque Kairi because the actual one isn't like that.
Not to get off topic again Sign but yeah I'm over Riku's flaws. He's better in DDD so I respect him. As for cannon Kairi she is one of those rare cases where she could be anything really. We don't have much info. All I know is she needs some training and lots of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back