• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kairi

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
She probably will considering she's a PoH but in all honesty, I don't mind DiD characters as long as they serve a purpose and it's realistic to the character. Like I mentioned before, a character getting in trouble can provide excellent character development granted that said character is aware is weak and wants to do something about it which Kairi does. She knows she's a liability and that she gets in the way sometimes because she's weak and that why we got the whole "this time, I'll fight!" blah, blah, blah. So long as her being a DiD actually contributes to her character I'm down with it.

Speaking of, I think they should move away from Kairi being Sora's "motivation" a bit. I never really bought it and saw it more as a way to keep Kairi's character relevant than it being something that Kairi was needed for.

? But thats was the whole point of the first game. And it is always mentioned that she she is the most important person in the world to him, if she wasnt, it would change the entire games story.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Kairi getting kidnapped again would be so unneccessary and detracting from the main purpose of rescuing those who are suffering and defeat Xehanort.

Sora has seven other people to save and adding Kairi to that mix again would not only overcomplicate things even more, it would also be just a rehash of what happened already two times in the series (in KH1 and KH2).

It would be interesting to see though if the new Org tries to get their hands on the Princesses and Kairi messes up their plans by actually escaping them on her own without needing help from a guy again.
Maybe she could even eradicate one of the weaker allies of Xehanort, like that idiot Demyx if he's really within Xehanort's group (which I doubt by the way).

Love Machine

strut strut strut
So how is this for you if she HAS to be kidnapped again?

Xehanort sends whatever minions he has (Heartless, Nobodies, maybe even Unversed) after her. She defeats them no problem.
Next, one of the XIII shows up, and let's say if you do control her, this would be a boss fight. After the fight, the other XII shows up and surrounds her.

Is this an idea for a plot you would accept?

Why would the whole Org. show up after one of them gets the hell beat out of them?

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
? But thats was the whole point of the first game. And it is always mentioned that she she is the most important person in the world to him, if she wasnt, it would change the entire games story.

Kairi was a big part of the first game but not the whole point. There was also finding Riku and trying to find out what was wrong with him, finding king Mickey, stopping the Heartless/bad guys, saving the universe, etc. The thing about having Kairi as a motivational character is that I don't think that dynamic worked with Sora as well as the writers might have liked because for the most part there isn't anything that Kairi has to specifically motivate Sora to do. Just about anything that Sora needs to be motivated to do any other character can do just as well if Kairi wasn't there. That's not to say that Kairi can't be a source of motivation but you can only use her for that for so long before it gets dry and I see it more as a way to keep her character relevant. At this point we already get how important Kairi is to Sora, we don't need them to continuously shove it down our throats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back