• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kairi

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
unless she obtains amazing magical powers coming from that bright lightbulb in her bosom.

wouldn't doubt it, really

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Well, I just now entered this thread and have just chosen to just read this one page (page 15). Just from that, I can tell there was a lot of heated discussion going on so hopefully I can come into the thread and start it with a clean slate... probably not, but eh.

As far as Kairi's future goes, I'm pretty sure that she and Axel would be learning the tricks of the keyblade together... which could mean a portable game based around Kairi and Axel's training, who knows. I don't expect Kairi to become super strong though. I mean, in Destiny Islands, Sora and Riku got some small basic fighting experience from playing swords at Destiny Islands while Kairi just sat there in the beach doing nothing. Now, I'm not saying Kairi's never gonna learn to fight or whatever, (and I'm sure that given she's a princess of heart, she's gotta have some cool light powers) but I don't think her role will be super major like Sora's and Riku's.. At best, I expect her to get out of the "damsel in distress" phase and just get into a character phase where she can take care of herself without needing to be saved.

Anyway, that's my input... now you may all continue with your arguing about sexism versus character hating or whatever it is this thread is designed for. :p

Love Machine

strut strut strut
Well, I just now entered this thread and have just chosen to just read this one page (page 15). Just from that, I can tell there was a lot of heated discussion going on so hopefully I can come into the thread and start it with a clean slate... probably not, but eh.

As far as Kairi's future goes, I'm pretty sure that she and Axel would be learning the tricks of the keyblade together... which could mean a portable game based around Kairi and Axel's training, who knows. I don't expect Kairi to become super strong though. I mean, in Destiny Islands, Sora and Riku got some small basic fighting experience from playing swords at Destiny Islands while Kairi just sat there in the beach doing nothing. Now, I'm not saying Kairi's never gonna learn to fight or whatever, (and I'm sure that given she's a princess of heart, she's gotta have some cool light powers) but I don't think her role will be super major like Sora's and Riku's.. At best, I expect her to get out of the "damsel in distress" phase and just get into a character phase where she can take care of herself without needing to be saved.

Anyway, that's my input... now you may all continue with your arguing about sexism versus character hating or whatever it is this thread is designed for. :p

@bold- OHDEARGOD

everything in your post besides that, I completetly agree with.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
As far as Kairi's future goes, I'm pretty sure that she and Axel would be learning the tricks of the keyblade together... which could mean a portable game based around Kairi and Axel's training, who knows.

I actually pictured this awhile back when I realized those two were about to learn. I doubt it would be the smaller game we're supposed to receive, seeing as how I'm not sure what kind of story that could work unless it was completely filler since I doubt there will be anymore Xehanort until KH3 as the main plot. But it's definitely possible, and could give Kairi some good material seeing as how Axel kidnapped her and now she'll be studying right alongside Lea. That's bound to bring up some drama.

As for my personal input into this situation, we all knew this was coming, and I'm excited for it. I've been on the Kairi hate train for awhile but really, giving the girl some story relevance that she hasn't truly had since the first game is great, because she needs it for development. And I know that Sora and Riku aren't completely right to compare her too since they had at least play fighting, but that isn't really enough to say that Kairi couldn't grow to be just as good of a wielder as KH1 Sora, etc. I mean, she's had experience with Shadow Heartless and a Keyblade already, and in all honesty I doubt she's just been at home baking paopu cookies for everyone with Sora's mom. I mean, Selphie, Tidus, and Wakka all lived there with her during the entire time of 3D that it isn't so farfetched that she could have been learning stuff here and there. Especially when you know she's going to leave the island again (she's that kind of person).

Frankly, I'm happy about her in terms of plot now. She was going to be a fighter no matter what, if Aqua and Xion were proof of that along with Kairi's keyblade scene in KH2, I don't know what is. But to everyone who thinks she won't be doing stuff like Sora & co. during KH3, I'd say that wouldn't make much sense. In fact I truly believe it's possible she could have her own mini-scenario or even just be out fighting along with possibly even Lea. Not to mention her not even being involved in the final battle wouldn't make sense, I mean yeah they're teaching her so she can defend herself, but also so she can fight and get involved. And even if they don't want her to, she's going to because that's how she's shown herself to do in KH2. Does no one remember her practically about to waltz in with Mickey to the Xemnas battle but the door closed on them so it was just Sora & co.?

But anywho, I'm personally excited for Kairi now. Even if the default Keyblade is that flowery mess (it's pretty, just not my style). Besides, Kairi has a lot of untapped potential, and if anything, she might actually be used to save Namine instead of Sora doing it himself. Not to mention that now it's entirely possible Namine will be able to wield when she's her own person, as well. The series just needs some of the girls to be more relevant because the only five huge girls that were in were:
1) left on an island to get kidnapped to become terribly relevant for two seconds
2) became one with her original even if it didn't make complete sense
3) killed because she was in the Org.
4) destroyed to restore Sora's memories
5) sent to the dark realm after saving her friend

KH is just kinda like a huge sausage fest right now -- not that I'm complaining, of course. I just believe that adding Kairi into this role, along with the fact Xion, Aqua, and Namine will be coming back, only helps to add some girls to the roster of the main Keyblade/Fighter cast.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
If there's one thing I like it's that a topic about Kairi usually brings massive discussion.

Frankly, I'm happy about her in terms of plot now. She was going to be a fighter no matter what, if Aqua and Xion were proof of that along with Kairi's keyblade scene in KH2, I don't know what is. But to everyone who thinks she won't be doing stuff like Sora & co. during KH3, I'd say that wouldn't make much sense. In fact I truly believe it's possible she could have her own mini-scenario or even just be out fighting along with possibly even Lea. Not to mention her not even being involved in the final battle wouldn't make sense, I mean yeah they're teaching her so she can defend herself, but also so she can fight and get involved. And even if they don't want her to, she's going to because that's how she's shown herself to do in KH2. Does no one remember her practically about to waltz in with Mickey to the Xemnas battle but the door closed on them so it was just Sora & co.?
I would absolutely love a mini-scenario section for Kairi in KH3. I would really hope Nomura keeps to the trend of putting multiple scenarios into his main games getting to play as Sora, Riku, and Kairi (Or Mickey)for KH3 would be a dream come true.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Your sexism is not becoming. It's bad because multiple times she tries to show she isn't a damsal in distress, so...

I am not being sexist. I only point out what is already there. Multiple time, it was really only once, since the first time she uncuncious and couldnt do anything. As much as I would like for her to grow out f that role, as long as Sora is the protaganist, and Kairi is the most important person to him she will often be The damsal. Mabey it is sexist but it just happens to be what most games choose to do unfortunatly. It even happens to supporting women more capable then the protagonist. Its not fair and I dont like it but it seems to just be. I am not bashing on kairi, becasue I love Kairi and am estatic to see her chracter to finally get some spolight and oppertunity to be directly involved.

If this was also referring to my earlier comments that kairi wont be strong. I meant its unlikly that she is gonna be a power chracter. Not that she couldn't be, though I'd rather she not be simaler to pink haired ninja we all know. I just thought she might become a chracter who is more evasive and defensive, like ventus,aqua, the recent riku and larxene. To kind of contrast with the way sora is

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I would really hope Nomura keeps to the trend of putting multiple scenarios into his main games getting to play as Sora, Riku, and Kairi (Or Mickey)for KH3 would be a dream come true.

KH3 will be "Sora's story" like Nomura has stressed the entire KH story is, so I don't that KH3 will have any other playable character outside of Sora, unless it is a special part (like a tutorial or the Mickey segments in KH2).

I think Kairi's will fight like the Salvation command. It's light, it's magic, it's fairly strong, and it heals... :)

GameGirl709

Awards
It's possible it will be like KH2 when we played as Roxas in the beginning. While I think it would be cool, it could be like BBS, but I doubt they would do that for KH3. I do like Kairi, and I would like to see her have a bigger role in the next game. I could see her fighting like Aqua.

Awards
I'm just happy to see Kairi will get more screentime. I love her as a character- what I want more than anything is more time to show her interacting with Sora and Riku, as well as Lea(that better not be brushed aside as easily as Lea's and Ienzo's issue. >:T) and Mickey and Minnie and, well, just everyone. I'll be happy to see what she does.

Fighting and design wise, though, I do have a few hopes. Kairi's going to try to be physical, that much is pretty clear, but she is probably better off being a distance fighter because I don't see her having a high defense. However, I always figured she fought on those islands at least once when she was a kid, and during KH1 on the islands there was really no need to be at the while because, well, she was busy building the raft, or busy making her charm for their journey, or busy slacking off. o3o It's hard work, donchaknow. Plus, Selphie mentioned that recently they were off on their own more, I think, so there's that.

Plus, I'm pretty sure she got somewhat stronger in the gap between KH1 and KH2.

So, she won't be a hopeless physical fighter, but in comparison to everyone else, she will not be nearly as strong. She'll probably have time to grow, but she won't be on Riku and Sora's physical level probably ever. That doesn't have to be the goal at all, though, since Kairi's content with getting the chance to follow them and join them now. She will probably support more than anything else, but I'm hoping she will have a stronger effect on the story plot than in fights, like in talks or whatever.

And I want her back in purple.

I love pink. Pink is my favorite color in the world.

But Kairi looks way better in purple. :3

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
How did this discussion become heated, lol. It was going smoothly for about a whole ten pages.

But anyway, I don't care all that much about Kairi fighting. I would have liked to see where they had gone trying to make her character important without giving her a Keyblade like about 98% of the other protagonists and expanded specifically on her PoH merits but what are you going to do? The most I can hope for is that they develop her character on screen with out resorting to "time" as a plot convenience to change her personality. I want tosee Kairi's character go from point "A" to point "B" and have the characterization be consistent and actually make me care because in the past near decade I haven't been able to.

Now the question is: what direction will they take her character in? Not necessarily her role in the series but her as a person.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
^So the same as she's always been just with the "lover" tag attached?

Awards
Kairi's got a character, so, some flaws I can see them working on we'll in order to develop her further include:

Her brashness. Now, she isn't exactly reckless, but considering what we've seen, I think she's likely to try to take on more than she can strictly handle so that she's not left behind. Maybe she can learn... I dunno, how great she is just to heave around? That she'll have to stop and plan things and bide her time when she sees that her friends are in danger sometimes? That ice cream isn't a food group?

Or maybe Kairi's been feeling like she doesn't do anything useful and therefore can't do anything useful and she'lll learn how great it is that Sora and Riku have her a beacon to guide the way home or something.

There is also the skirt thing, but I can't see that gracefully developing her character. Just give her some shorts and that's fixed.

Riku can become her proofreader and she can learn not to make typo's.

I'm totally leaning on the last one, but who else has some ideas?

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
KH3 will be "Sora's story" like Nomura has stressed the entire KH story is, so I don't that KH3 will have any other playable character outside of Sora, unless it is a special part (like a tutorial or the Mickey segments in KH2).
He was referring to whether or not Sora would still be the main character after the Xehanort Saga and that KH would always be about Sora at it's core not if KH3 would only have a Sora scenario and if BBS and KH3D are any indication people actually like having multiple scenario's to play as long as there is enough variety in each of the playthroughs.

Not to mention it would allow Sora, Riku, and Kairi (and maybe Axel to)to have their own individual arcs within the game.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
tumblr_m70cbsN5Y41qfcpbeo1_1280.jpg
This would be a great new look for her. It looks like something she could fight in.

I'm just happy to see Kairi will get more screentime. I love her as a character- what I want more than anything is more time to show her interacting with Sora and Riku, as well as Lea(that better not be brushed aside as easily as Lea's and Ienzo's issue. >:T) and Mickey and Minnie and, well, just everyone. I'll be happy to see what she does.

We definitly do need to see her interact more with the rest of the cast. Her interaction with Lea would be interesting, though I'm pretty sure she'll forgive him.

Fighting and design wise, though, I do have a few hopes. Kairi's going to try to be physical, that much is pretty clear, but she is probably better off being a distance fighter because I don't see her having a high defense. However, I always figured she fought on those islands at least once when she was a kid, and during KH1 on the islands there was really no need to be at the while because, well, she was busy building the raft, or busy making her charm for their journey, or busy slacking off. o3o It's hard work, donchaknow. Plus, Selphie mentioned that recently they were off on their own more, I think, so there's that.

Plus, I'm pretty sure she got somewhat stronger in the gap between KH1 and KH2.

I agree, she probably did fight on the Island pre-kh1. It would be odd if she went to the Island where everybody was play fighting and just watched. Especially considering that she was said to be a Tomboy in the manual to the first game and she was said to have hung out with Riku and Sora all the time, who were fighting.
I think Nomura even stated she got stronger between 1 and 2.

Personally I hope she has a fighting style, that is somewhat unique and incorporates her affinity to the light. Using attacks like salvation, pearl and faith. It would be cool if her attacks ending with some kind of blast of light or if she could fire bolts of light at her opponents. I wonder she'll eventually be able to use flowmotion.

Anyways I be trilled if we got to play as her or have her as a party member.

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
Personally I hope she has a fighting style, that is somewhat unique and incorporates her affinity to the light. Using attacks like salvation, pearl and faith. It would be cool if her attacks ending with some kind of blast of light or if she could fire bolts of light at her opponents.
Reading that makes me think that she could be some sort of Paladin... I hope she has attacks like what you said, I'd rather her be more offensive than defensive, but that's just me, I don't like using defensive characters. XD

What I want more than anything is more time to show her interacting with Sora and Riku.
PLEASE. They're all best friends and Kairi hardly speaks to them, but that's probably all off screen.

Awards
We definitly do need to see her interact more with the rest of the cast. Her interaction with Lea would be interesting, though I'm pretty sure she'll forgive him.
And with world-specific characters, too! They should go to visit Arielle or something because fanservi- I mean, I think they'd get along. I'm sure she will, too, but I think a misunderstanding to start it off would make more since. This is the guy who kidnapped her, after all. I mean, imagine him coming back from Radiant Gardens and being shocked to see Kairi there- I'm pretty sure he doesn't know she's a weilder. Kairi trying to attack him and then an awkward explanation from Yen Sid or something... I'd love to see that.

I agree, she probably did fight on the Island pre-kh1. It would be odd if she went to the Island where everybody was play fighting and just watched. Especially considering that she was said to be a Tomboy in the manual to the first game and she was said to have hung out with Riku and Sora all the time, who were fighting.
I think Nomura even stated she got stronger between 1 and 2.
She was more tomboyish in KH1, and she did participate in races with them sometimes, so why not? :D

Personally I hope she has a fighting style, that is somewhat unique and
incorporates her affinity to the light. Using attacks like salvation, pearl and
faith. It would be cool if her attacks ending with some kind of blast of light
or if she could fire bolts of light at her opponents. I wonder she'll eventually
be able to use flowmotion.
That's what I'm kind of hoping for, too, although I'm still more interested in what her actions and diaologue will be outside of battle. :d (Not while she's in that dress)

Anyways I be trilled if we got to play as her or have her as a party member.
Me, too, I've wanted to play as her for a while now. ;~;

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
And with world-specific characters, too! They should go to visit Arielle or something because fanservi- I mean, I think they'd get along.

This made really made me laugh.

I'm sure she will, too, but I think a misunderstanding to start it off would make more since. This is the guy who kidnapped her, after all. I mean, imagine him coming back from Radiant Gardens and being shocked to see Kairi there- I'm pretty sure he doesn't know she's a weilder. Kairi trying to attack him and then an awkward explanation from Yen Sid or something... I'd love to see that.
As funny as that would be I don't really see Kairi as one to just attack someone, even if they kidnapped her. I think their first accounter will be very awkward, Kairi taking a defensive position and Lea being very awkward and felling very guilty. I really hope we get to see them meet again.

That's what I'm kind of hoping for, too, although I'm still more interested in what her actions and diaologue will be outside of battle. :d (Not while she's in that dress)
Yeah that is more intresting but with KH being what it is, we almost need a game with a Kairi scenario to see that, seeing that we rarely get to see what anyone, besides the playable and party or villains, is doing.

Me, too, I've wanted to play as her for a while now. ;~;
Yeah I think a Tutorial scenario with her isn't to far out there, but a full fledged Kairi scenario in a game, probably won't happen until the next Saga.

I hope well get to see more of SRK past we barely know anything about their childhood and how things were, beyond the fact that they are best friends and hung out on the children's Island. Just more interaction within the Destiny Trio would be great really.
I also hope we get to see a reunion of Aqua and Kairi.

Decrith

I'd be very disappointed we don't play any of them. I love BBS & 3D because we play other characters other than Sora, and if KH 3 is all about him we'lll ughh.. I get it if most of the time we play as Sora, but I was hoping we play the others, say twice as long as we played Roxas in Twilight Town, each.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Aqua and Riku as playable characters forever, please. I'd be surprised if Kairi got a scenario though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back