• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Deadpool - Launch Trailer!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Re: Deadpool

God I love Nolan North and Deadpool so I'm definitely buying it if I see good things from it.

(it has his white and yellow boxes! i'm seriously dead)
i already hate this game. they're using the Daniel Way Deadpool where he's the cool, crazy, awesome, over the top mercenary who makes pop-culture references. which is the most annoying version of the character.

as opposed to the only good take on the character where he's the pathetic, sad "superhero" that nobody likes or wants to work with so he takes odd jobs. Rick Remender and Joe Kelly are the only good Deadpool writers.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com

i would like this trailer if it had better writing

I agree. Deadpool is a character who's great for comedy, but this shit was Duke Nukem level of bad. I was waiting for a "balls of steel" line.

I also don't know how well this story's going to do. Deadpool's at his best when he's interacting with other big name Marvel characters, where he's the underdog, and this video consisted of mainly faceless goons. Though that girl in the purple may have been Psylocke, so there may be more.

I do love that they got both the yellow and white text boxes, though. I hope they also have some Pool-o-vision bits.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards

I'd be much happier if they announced a Co-Op story for the game with none other than Cable to follow Deadpool on his adventures. Gat damn, if that gets revealed, I swear I will buy this game. Quote me on this.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

[video=youtube;s-m-KGgK5o4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-m-KGgK5o4[/video]

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

Yeah just go ahead and watch all the Deadpool videos by that person. I much prefer that kind of humor for him than the Duke Nukem kind.

This is how I view Deadpool. He doesn't give a fuck. He just does things because he can and it's always hilarious in nature.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards

This is how I view Deadpool. He doesn't give a fuck. He just does things because he can and it's always hilarious in nature.
That's not really Deadpool. He's not some cool pimp badass motherfucker mercenary. He does give a shit. He's like a guy with a severe case of Asperger's. He's so extremely awkward he doesn't know how interact in social situations that it comes off quite pathetic to everyone else. The X-Men pity him. Wolverine's the only one that likes him because he's proven he can do the job on X-Force. But he'll never ever hang out with him, which is what he wants.

The pop-culture references are his way of dealing with his reality. As in, he'd rather not. He'd prefer to look at life as a film or a video game than actually live with it. He's sad and lonely and a bit pathetic. It just so happens that it comes off as funny because we're aware of the joke. This is the take I prefer and I know this is the more acclaimed interpretation. Look at Uncanny X-Force versus the Deadpool ongoing comic. There's a clear difference and one is far superior.

I kinda hate the version of Deadpool that's been adopted by the general public. Marvel changed him to suit that image and it hasn't been for the better, in my opinion.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website

There's also a third version of Deadpool that Daniel Wade used to use, but hasn't in a long time. The one whose insanity makes up his being. The concept of Pool-o-Vision is that he's so far gone that everything he sees is a haze of hallucinations, because of the cancer in his brain constantly battling with his healing factor. One comic book, Wade Wilson's War, took it so far that it suggested that the entire Marvel Universe is the result of one mental patient's (wade's) overactive imagination.

If this whole game turns out to be the ravings of a mad man, and none of it really happened, I'd probably love it.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com

That's not really Deadpool. He's not some cool pimp badass motherfucker mercenary. He does give a shit. He's like a guy with a severe case of Asperger's. He's so extremely awkward he doesn't know how interact in social situations that it comes off quite pathetic to everyone else. The X-Men pity him. Wolverine's the only one that likes him because he's proven he can do the job on X-Force. But he'll never ever hang out with him, which is what he wants.

The pop-culture references are his way of dealing with his reality. As in, he'd rather not. He'd prefer to look at life as a film or a video game than actually live with it. He's sad and lonely and a bit pathetic. It just so happens that it comes off as funny because we're aware of the joke. This is the take I prefer and I know this is the more acclaimed interpretation. Look at Uncanny X-Force versus the Deadpool ongoing comic. There's a clear difference and one is far superior.

I kinda hate the version of Deadpool that's been adopted by the general public. Marvel changed him to suit that image and it hasn't been for the better, in my opinion.

Bro, YES!!!! Ever since reading X-Force, I've come to prefer this version of Wade.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards

Bro, YES!!!! Ever since reading X-Force, I've come to prefer this version of Wade.
Is it wrong that I like both versions of him. I liked him cause he got all the Marvel stuff and gave it the finger by being awesome and funny, and I loved him for his depth. Not everything needs to be so serous....Deadpool made Marvel fun for me.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website

Right. I loved it when Deadpool was annoying vampires by calling them "draculas", or when he sees a woman who's afraid of him and thinks she's falling head over heels for him. I like it when he uppercuts a little girl and yells "shuryuken" or when he goads Spider-Man into a "yo momma so _____" contest. (all of these things happened) But I feel like what's shown in this trailer is taking that side of Deadpool just a little too far, and it's just not funny.

Awards

Just found out that Daniel Way is writing the story for this. I'm... not really on the up and up regarding all the comics though so...

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website

Daniel Way's really hit or miss. He's the guy who came up with giving Deadpool the white box to serve as his own internal straight man, but he's also the guy who thought having Deadpool fight a guy with a bell for a head would be somehow remotely interesting. But he's also the guy who wrote half the good jokes I mentioned earlier, so...yeah hit or miss. so far it's miss

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards

There's also a third version of Deadpool that Daniel Wade used to use, but hasn't in a long time. The one whose insanity makes up his being. The concept of Pool-o-Vision is that he's so far gone that everything he sees is a haze of hallucinations, because of the cancer in his brain constantly battling with his healing factor. One comic book, Wade Wilson's War, took it so far that it suggested that the entire Marvel Universe is the result of one mental patient's (wade's) overactive imagination.

If this whole game turns out to be the ravings of a mad man, and none of it really happened, I'd probably love it.
If you mean Daniel Way, then he's the writer of current Deadpool book. Which most people whose taste I trust say is bad. He does the 'cool awesome over the top MERC WITH A MOUTH that breaks the fourth wall'.

Right. I loved it when Deadpool was annoying vampires by calling them "draculas", or when he sees a woman who's afraid of him and thinks she's falling head over heels for him. I like it when he uppercuts a little girl and yells "shuryuken" or when he goads Spider-Man into a "yo momma so _____" contest. (all of these things happened) But I feel like what's shown in this trailer is taking that side of Deadpool just a little too far, and it's just not funny.

Is it wrong that I like both versions of him. I liked him cause he got all the Marvel stuff and gave it the finger by being awesome and funny, and I loved him for his depth. Not everything needs to be so serous....Deadpool made Marvel fun for me.
One version of Deapool is an actual character. The other is a "LOL SO RANDUM" caricature.

Just found out that Daniel Way is writing the story for this. I'm... not really on the up and up regarding all the comics though so...
Nope. Not good.

This guy knows where the shit is at.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website

I think you give Way too little credit. Like I said, he's hit or miss. And there aren't just two sides to Poolie. I'd say it's more of a sliding bar, ranging from "fleshed out and interesting" all the way down to "nothing but pop culture references and breaking of the fourth wall". Way has walked all up and down that bar, and even Remender has saddled Deadpool as the token comedic relief in most recent issues of Uncanny X-Force.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

Yeah I'm not at all savvy on the comics surrounding Deadpool. I feel like this game is catering to my demographic of people who have only seen Deadpool in pictures online. I understand that pisses off people who actually read the comics. Our bad.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website

No need to apologize.

tumblr_m2ox8vSv191qdt1y7o1_500.png

That is a scene written by the man Stooge and XIII say is better than the one writing for this game, where Deadpool disguises as a prostitute (and makes a southpark reference) to kill some rich guy.

tumblr_m7jqr72KdZ1rx9i2yo1_500.png

And that is a scene written by the guy who is writing for this game, where he's still regenerating from having his head cleaved in two while fighting against Bullseye.

As you can plainly see, Stooge and XIII are both full of shit and are basing their opinions off of limited exposure to just one person's take on a character. =) But I do have to reiterate that I don't like the jokes in the trailer, and therefore have little hope for this game so far. Also Uncanny X-Force is my favorite Marvel comic, and I'm not bashing it. But it's not the ultimate and respectable version of Deadpool you guys are making it out to be.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

That is a scene written by the man Stooge and XIII say is better than the one writing for this game, where Deadpool disguises as a prostitute (and makes a southpark reference) to kill some rich guy.

Actually that's from Full Metal Jacket. South Park just happens to have used the reference as well.

But still, I wouldn't use one panel to showcase the overall take a writer has on the character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back