• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Deadpool - Launch Trailer!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
Re: Deadpool

Wasn't summarizing the entire writing style. I was showcasing one example of bad/dumb writing from a supposedly good writer, and one example of good writing from a supposedly bad/dumb writer to illustrate that a writer's quality isn't finite and one version is factually better than the other.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards

I think you give Way too little credit. Like I said, he's hit or miss. And there aren't just two sides to Poolie. I'd say it's more of a sliding bar, ranging from "fleshed out and interesting" all the way down to "nothing but pop culture references and breaking of the fourth wall". Way has walked all up and down that bar, and even Remender has saddled Deadpool as the token comedic relief in most recent issues of Uncanny X-Force.
I read the first 20 issues of Way's run on the solo title. It's shit compared to the little Remender has done. Like him all you want but he nowhere near compares to likes of Kelly, Nicieza and Remender.

Yeah I'm not at all savvy on the comics surrounding Deadpool. I feel like this game is catering to my demographic of people who have only seen Deadpool in pictures online. I understand that pisses off people who actually read the comics. Our bad.
It's more Marvel's fault than yours. There was a while back when Marvel caught on that Deadpool had this following (from people who didn't actually read comics, mind you) and started pumping out six monthly Deadpool books and creating "Deadpool variants" for other ongoing series. It was ridiculous and oversaturated. Not to mention they were all critically trashed. This game is simply a continuation of that. It's why I can't get behind it.

No need to apologize.

tumblr_m2ox8vSv191qdt1y7o1_500.png

That is a scene written by the man Stooge and XIII say is better than the one writing for this game, where Deadpool disguises as a prostitute (and makes a southpark reference) to kill some rich guy.

tumblr_m7jqr72KdZ1rx9i2yo1_500.png

And that is a scene written by the guy who is writing for this game, where he's still regenerating from having his head cleaved in two while fighting against Bullseye.

As you can plainly see, Stooge and XIII are both full of shit and are basing their opinions off of limited exposure to just one person's take on a character. =) But I do have to reiterate that I don't like the jokes in the trailer, and therefore have little hope for this game so far. Also Uncanny X-Force is my favorite Marvel comic, and I'm not bashing it. But it's not the ultimate and respectable version of Deadpool you guys are making it out to be.
Yeah, one out of context panel versus another out of context panel makes you win a fucking argument. Deadpool is a funny character. But not because he is funny. This is something Remender gets but Way doesn't. I never said Remender was the ultimate Deadpool writer. He's just the best person writing him at the moment. And that interpretation which is following the Kelly-Pool is best one of Deadpool. Again, that Way-Pool panel is just feeding that "LOL SO RANDUM" internet mentality.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website

Yeah, one out of context panel versus another out of context panel makes you win a kupoing argument.
Well I'm not going to post an entire issue and tell everyone to compare/contrast. Those individual panels provide a fine enough example of my point.

Deadpool is a funny character. But not because he is funny.
I don't understand this statement at all, and it's just plain contradicting.
Again, that Way-Pool panel is just feeding that "LOL SO RANDUM" internet mentality.
What is comedy? Is not the point of a punch line or a joke to be something unexpected, and seemingly random? (and how is Deadpool dressing up like an asian hooker not "LOL SO RANDUM"?) I mean, if it's expected it's just not funny (unless it's a repeating of something you already find funny). Also there is more to Way's Deadpool than just humor. Throughout his entire run he's had Wade dealing with anxiety/suicidal tendencies, frustrated by the fact that he can't die and is tired of living in a world where everyone seemingly hates him no matter how much good he tries to do, which has resulted in finally getting rid of his healing factor (science!).

I said I preferred a version of Deadpool and quiteMAD tells me I'm full of shit. I'm full of shit because I said which version I prefer, which is solely an opinion?

kupo off bruh. :I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4sKQBbdPbo&t=2m25s

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

Wasn't summarizing the entire writing style. I was showcasing one example of bad/dumb writing from a supposedly good writer, and one example of good writing from a supposedly bad/dumb writer to illustrate that a writer's quality isn't finite and one version is factually better than the other.

One panel without the full context of the story is not a good way to display bad or good writing from a person. From what I understand what you showed are inherent parts of the character, and therefore not an indication of the quality -- even of that particular moment.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website

One panel without the full context of the story is not a good way to display bad or good writing from a person. From what I understand what you showed are inherent parts of the character, and therefore not an indication of the quality -- even of that particular moment.

I gave the full context of the story and the scene the panel was from...My point was just to show that one isn't inherently better at writing Deadpool than the other. Though Remender is an inherently better writer overall.

quiteMAD, I'm a need for you to chill in every sense of the word my nigga. Lol

I am a very passionate soul whose fire is hotter than Scarlett Johanson. (also I thought that video reply to you was pretty hilarious)

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

You just gave a small description. If that is really all there is to those scenes, it still isn't enough to show your point. You said it yourself; their quality is finite and isn't always going to be consistent, so even if I agreed with you on the quality of those moments, it still wouldn't be a good indication of anything overall.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website

I don't think you quite understand the point I'm trying to argue here...because you pretty much just argued it. I mean if you want me to just go through all my issues of Uncanny X-Force and Deadpool, grabbing examples of both good and bad all over the place, I very well could. But I really don't think it's necessary.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

Oh, I know your point. My point is that you can't prove it like this. I know it seems like I might be arguing that one isn't better than the other, but what I'm saying is you can't give a good indication of that with one scene and a small description.

Like I said, if being "LOL RANDOM" is inherently a part of Deadpool now, then you prove nothing other than the writer Stooge and XIII are acclaiming does it sometimes. Only real choice people have is to read wiki or the comics.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website

You mean I'm forcing people to do their own research and form their own opinions? God forbid!

lol Ok no really, if you understand my point, I don't see the need to elaborate it further and the conversation is growing more and more pointless.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards

As it's written by Way, I hope he avoids trying to incorporate X-Force.

That should be it's own game, written by Remender (he wrote Bulletstorm).

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website

I like how the article completely ignores that there is clearly a Mr. Sinister clone WHICH MEANS MR. SINISTER IS IN THE GAME AAAAAHHHH

Also yay they're using the X-Sanction design for Cable that's my favorite Cable, and Death looks completely different from her comic book counterpart which is not a bad thing (because how does a skeleton have tits?).

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

I had a feeling that was Death. Wasn't too sure because she has skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back