• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The "Door" Sora Needs to Open is KH

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
Didn't we already know this?
Apparently not...

Or, y'know, he could open both doors...

And how does that separate Terra from MX? Not to mention those besides TAV who need saving.

Tell Sora to use his own omnipotent powers to make him human again.
Well that would waste ATW's data then...

Why would Xion need to exist? I think she's better off "dead" (she even begged Roxas to kill her).
Hey, don't complain to me. Take it to Nomura. He's the one who wanted her to speak and be a distressing soul in the secret ending of BBS.

Memory loss? The memories aren't lost, they're in the heart, just locked away (which is what Terra did when Xehanort was possessing his body. He locked Xehanort's memories, while Aqua tried to calm the memoryless Xehanort).
I'm referring to how the LAST time Terranort tried to split in two it resulted that. I'm not saying the memories are literally "lost".

This assumption of what AtW's data really is is too extreme. I mean, sure, the man studied the hearts, Heartless, and Nobodies, but to know the exact coordinates of the Door to Kingdom Hearts is just too much for him to know.
I didn't say the COORDINATES. I said the ABILITY to return to human form! Surely someone who spent so many years studying incomplete and complete beings could pull that off.

Or we could just keep it to Sora losing his entity and make it a tragic story.

Nomura has already prevented that. He said that there will be another saga and that Sora will ALWAYS be the main character of the series.

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
He said it would always be Sora's story. But that wouldn't necessarily mean he will stay the main character. We could easily have his legacy or a goal to restore him or something.

Gram

Banned
Awards
He said it would always be Sora's story. But that wouldn't necessarily mean he will stay the main character. We could easily have his legacy or a goal to restore him or something.
we could never be so lucky.

State

Awards
And how does that separate Terra from MX? Not to mention those besides TAV who need saving.
Good point.

Well that would waste ATW's data then...
So? It's not the first time a plot point has been wasted (i.e. King Triton mentions that he's heard of the keyblade wielders. Years later it was left at dark and people had assumed he was referring to the legend).

Hey, don't complain to me. Take it to Nomura. He's the one who wanted her to speak and be a distressing soul in the secret ending of BBS.
What could Axel's, Roxas', and Xion's torment be?

I didn't say the COORDINATES. I said the ABILITY to return to human form! Surely someone who spent so many years studying incomplete and complete beings could pull that off.
Maybe Namine can delete Sora's memories of getting KH's powers? Powers and memories are connected (i.e. Xehanort forgetting to wield a keyblade).

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
So? It's not the first time a plot point has been wasted (i.e. King Triton mentions that he's heard of the keyblade wielders. Years later it was left at dark and people had assumed he was referring to the legend).

True, but what are you saying the "data" inside Sora is then? What does this "data" do according to your thoughts?

What could Axel's, Roxas', and Xion's torment be?

The fact that Xion has been reduced to a locked away memory and Roxas doesn't have his own body. The fact that these two spoke at the end of BBS while Axel didn't hints that they need to be saved yet he doesn't.

Maybe Namine can delete Sora's memories of getting KH's powers? Powers and memories are connected (i.e. Xehanort forgetting to wield a keyblade).

Weren't you the one who said memories can't actually be "lost"? Besides, it's not a question of the powers I don't think. Sora will literally become a higher state of being! No amount of memory loss can turn him back to human. For example, none of the memory loss made Sora or Xehanort less than human when they were suffering from it.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
True, but what are you saying the "data" inside Sora is then? What does this "data" do according to your thoughts?
The Data Ansem hid inside Sora is said to be the "key" to save all the people who called out to Sora, not much more is known about it except that it apparently holds all results of Ansem's research on hearts, memories, nobodies and stuff.

The fact that Xion has been reduced to a locked away memory and Roxas doesn't have his own body. The fact that these two spoke at the end of BBS while Axel didn't hints that they need to be saved yet he doesn't.
Fact is we don't know what exactly Xion's, Roxas's and Naminé's torments are, all people do around here is making asumptions and theories.
What is sure however is that they all three will play a further role in KH and that they are part of the group of people who need to be saved.
The exact way how they are saved and what the end result will be is open to interpretation as well.
For Axel the whole thing is trickier because he didn't say Sora's name out loud...this was already mentioned specifically by Nomura to have an important other meaning.

Weren't you the one who said memories can't actually be "lost"? Besides, it's not a question of the powers I don't think. Sora will literally become a higher state of being! No amount of memory loss can turn him back to human. For example, none of the memory loss made Sora or Xehanort less than human when they were suffering from it.
Maybe just giving up the powers of KH will turn him back to his old self?
Nonetheless...memories are said (and shown) during the entire series to have a great amount of power...so it would not be surprising if they would be involved in such a scenario as well.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
The Data Ansem hid inside Sora is said to be the "key" to save all the people who called out to Sora, not much more is known about it except that it apparently holds all results of Ansem's research on hearts, memories, nobodies and stuff.

Are you sure people aren't just assuming that? All Ansem said is that he hid his "greatest research data" within Sora.

Fact is we don't know what exactly Xion's, Roxas's and Naminé's torments are, all people do around here is making asumptions and theories.
What is sure however is that they all three will play a further role in KH and that they are part of the group of people who need to be saved.
The exact way how they are saved and what the end result will be is open to interpretation as well.
For Axel the whole thing is trickier because he didn't say Sora's name out loud...this was already mentioned specifically by Nomura to have an important other meaning.

Good points.

Maybe just giving up the powers of KH will turn him back to his old self?
Nonetheless...memories are said (and shown) during the entire series to have a great amount of power...so it would not be surprising if they would be involved in such a scenario as well.

Yeah, but I don't think losing memories can make someone a lesser being. Unless someone's memory is completely wiped so the heart is destroyed like Marluxia threatened to do.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Are you sure people aren't just assuming that? All Ansem said is that he hid his "greatest research data" within Sora.

No, it was actually said several times by Nomura himself:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I set the important parts of Nomura's answers in bold.

Good points.
Thanks, I always tend to try to take a neutral view on it...as we really don't know much specifics up to now.
With Terra, Aqua and Ventus the whole issue is a tad easier because they are full beings...although Ven's and Terra's cases can also become complicated depending on their actual status.

Yeah, but I don't think losing memories can make someone a lesser being. Unless someone's memory is completely wiped so the heart is destroyed like Marluxia threatened to do.
Losing memories can be ultimately very damaging, as we saw both with Ventus and the Riku Replica...Roxas also started out with absolutely no memories...and was essentially a newborn in a body of a 14-year-old, capable of nothing at first (or in his own later words: a Zombie).
Altough if I remember correctly opening KH does not make you a higher being immediately...you have to really take KH's power to do that.
So if Sora (possibly with assistance from Riku) would only open KH to save the tormented ones without actually claiming the power there would be no such problem.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
No, it was actually said several times by Nomura himself:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I set the important parts of Nomura's answers in bold.

WHOOPS! My bad. Alright yea you got me there.

Thanks, I always tend to try to take a neutral view on it...as we really don't know much specifics up to now.
With Terra, Aqua and Ventus the whole issue is a tad easier because they are full beings...although Ven's and Terra's cases can also become complicated depending on their actual status.

Yea they'd be easier to bring back.

Losing memories can be ultimately very damaging, as we saw both with Ventus and the Riku Replica...Roxas also started out with absolutely no memories...and was essentially a newborn in a body of a 14-year-old, capable of nothing at first (or in his own later words: a Zombie).
Altough if I remember correctly opening KH does not make you a higher being immediately...you have to really take KH's power to do that.
So if Sora (possibly with assistance from Riku) would only open KH to save the tormented ones without actually claiming the power there would be no such problem.

I know it's damaging, but I'm saying for someone to change their state of existence (beyond human, human, nobody, etc.), they'd have to COMPLETELY lose their memory. And Sora can't afford that.

Seriously? It doesn't work immediately?

Lindaxe

*stops lurking for a moment*
quick question that's sorta on topic: Recently, I went back and replayed the final boss fight of KH1 just for kicks. I haven't played the other games in a while so I may be forgetting something. But in the end of KH1 'it' (the floaty voice thing... btw who is that? Sora said he sounded familiar.) says that sora will be the one to open the door to light, correct? This confuses me. The door to the light is just a door leading to the Realm of Light, correct? Why/when would sora need to open it? Has he opened it already in another game, and I just don't remember it?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
If you mean the invisible voice in Sora's awakening (or at the final rest area) that was Mickey.

Sora opened one door to light at the end of KH2 to lead Riku and him home. Yet it has become clear that there are several "doors" and also more "doors to light".

Ventus has opened one in KH: BBS as well despite his heart being heavily injured and there was also a phrase in the prologue where Sora and Ven spoke about one door they would open together.
Furthermore there's also Ansem the Wise speaking of a "door" Sora will open to rescue all those who are suffering (the people calling his name in Blank Points).

The "door" may therefore mean many different ones...or even just be symbolic for something.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
The door to the light is just a door leading to the Realm of Light, correct?

Not quite. We've already seen the Door to Light lead to somewhere other than the Realm of Light, that place being Land of Departure, which is a world in the Realm of Nothingness. While not officially confirmed, Doors to Light seem to bring people to their homeworlds, or the worlds in which they have their fondest memories in. Basically, it's a door to your light, which is your home.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
You sure? Sora said the voice sounded familiar. I don't think he had ever met mickey before.

He said the voice sounded familiar when at the Final Rest area, didn't he?

He recognized it as familiar to the voice talking to him in his awakening earlier.
I don't have the source here now but it was somewhere confirmed that it was Mickey.

On another note...who should it have been otherwise? Ansem SoD? He's the only one who would talk in such a manner other than Mickey, but Ansem is way more unlikely than Mickey.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
The article about Mickey being the voice was in a KH Ultimania, though I could never find it. I do recall, though, that just like the "20 Mysteries Solved" article, this didn't come directly from Nomura. Take that as you will.

On another note...who should it have been otherwise? Ansem SoD? He's the only one who would talk in such a manner other than Mickey, but Ansem is way more unlikely than Mickey.

Ven is one candidate, one that's more likely than Mickey. Granted, he is asleep...

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Ven is one candidate, one that's more likely than Mickey. Granted, he is asleep...

Not only is Ven asleep (injured on top), he also wouldn't talk in such a manner like the voice in KH 1 does...it doesn't fit his personality and way of speaking at all.

Neptun

Riku finds himself in the realm of darkness and talks to the same voice in final mix. Considering this voice is speaking of another keyblade and locking the door to darkness it is pretty much canon to be Mickey.
[video=youtube;TpEiasM0E_k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpEiasM0E_k[/video]
speaking of which, Mickey is saying that he has tried to talk to Riku the whole time. Maybe he already tried to at Destiny Island but wasn't able to and instead opted to Sora. Maybe he's the reason Sora originally received the keyblade instead of Riku

Last edited:

Xammag

Isn't it obvious? Xehanort's torment has done what all variations of Xehanort do: methodically set up everyone elses torment around itself! Therefore, Sora will have no choice but to save Xehanort! "evil laughter" (I know it's not completely on topic, just a bit of fun.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back