• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dissidia: Final Fantasy - "Let us cross swords in the name of dreams!"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Oh yeah, forgot to mention I'll be bringing back replay data. Expect LOTS of Tidus.

Coeurl

Demon Dance
Alright guys.. I have a giant, long questioning paragraph coming up ahead. prepare yourselves.
OKAY, so tommorow there's a dissidia tournament Kentucky(3 hour drive) that me and 6 friends are going to (supposedly like 30-40 people entering) and we're really, really excited. Prize is 400$ and lots of fun.
The rules are:

1. 3 characters you can variate from match to match. Each character can only be played by 10 people, and you have to call them to tell you your slots. I've already called in Tidus, but they said I can wait and choose my others. I might choose Jecht, I'm clueless on a third. Might go Firion. Suggestions? D:

2. Armor sets may only be Lufenian, Adamant, or none at all(why? :l). Weapons can be selected freely. Going Adamant.

3. No instant-break builds, nor any +100% anything boosters. Didn't plan on using them anyways.

4. Beat Fang is banned from being used more than 3 times in a row(I RUV DEM)

5. Only Stages available: Order's Sanctuary, Crystal World, The Rift, Old Chaos Shrine. Players will not choose the stages.

6. Hacks are an INSTANTANEOUS kick from the tournament. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

7. Have Fun!(I Will~)

----------
So really, my main question to you guys is, what characters should I pick? Current slots loaded to the max are Cloud, Sephiroth, ExDeath, Squall, and Garland. Tidus is the only one I've reserved so far, and I feel like if I don't pick Jecht he's gonna get loaded soon too. This is my first gaming tournament I'm attending and I'm gonna get my ass kiiicked ;~;
man im so jealous right now. i wish we have dissidia tourneys in our place. all we have are tekken and those shooter games D:

anyway, i agree with Sign. Gabranth and WoL are great characters. so are Kuja and Golbez.
are you allowed to use an ExMode build? cuz i suggest at least one character should have it. oh and goodluck!

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards
You are so lucky...I might have some trouble with that ruleset, though. MIGHT, mostly because I love the Snowpetal Set. Still, I could change things around to suit the purpose. What does it mean by "No +100% Boosters"? No Boosters that are more than or equal to 2x, or no Boosters period?

I don't really know who to recommend for you. Every person is different depending on playstyle. Exdeath is pretty useful, though. If you're good with him, I say bring him in (EDIT:If he weren't already taken...). If I were lucky enough to go to a tournament, I'd use Kuja, ExDeath, and....Cloud of Darkness, Probably. Or Cloud as my 3rd, it'd be a tough call...

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
yeah well
i think i couldn't be any more angry today.
-drives 3 hours to kentucky with 6 energy-drink happy motherfuckers-
-walk to stand with psp-
yeah, we're moving it to a later date.
-drive 3 hours back with a van full of angry geeks-
you could've like, i dunno, CALLED ME. god damn i could murder a llama's first child right now.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
I wouldn't mind seeing Vivi in it. Just think using magic all the time and wearing that hat...........VIVI MUST BE PLAYABLE!!!!

State

Awards
So let me get this straight...
Were Cosmos and Chaos formerly human beings that the Luffenians used to experiment with the energies and harmony and discord and created two gods?

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
Sort of...

Cosmos is Garland's mom (and a Luffenian) who had... something happen to her.

Chaos is Garland.

Jackstin

Bronze Member
Awards
Sort of...

Cosmos is Garland's mom (and a Luffenian) who had... something happen to her.

Chaos is Garland.
Close. Cosmos is a Lufenian Weapon, created in the image of Garland's mother, to coerce him into acts of Warfare against an unnamed Lufenian enemy. An enemy who created Omega, the learning, dimension hopping weapon.

Alas, Garland's mother is well dead.

EDIT: I find it quite interesting that both "Gods" in Dissidia were in fact manufactured, by the Lufenians.

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards
Well, if both gods are manmade weapons, that puts the whole purpose of the war into perspective. Obviously they were testing Chaos' strength, but then what? Will Omega play a bigger role in the future? Only time will tell, I suppose...

Hey, has anyone gotten the "Perfect Collection of Weapons" Achievement? I'm wondering what the exact details on that are...do I just need to have Obtained one of every weapon, or do I need them all physically in my possession? And does this include Exclusive items like Cecil's Dark Sword, which I had to use to make the enhancements? Will I need to make both the Cimmerian Edge and...his paladin one whose name escapes me at the moment? I want to try and snag every accomplishment, and this one kinda confuses me. I'm about 78% complete on it.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
How would you guys feel about reviving a tournament? Though I think we should keep it somewhat lax because it's a pain to run IMO.

Basically we would have a bracket and people would agree on the rules before they fought each other and whatever builds they wanted to use if any. They would have to upload the video to YouTube as well.

Winner would get a snazzy trophy for their postbit.

Savvy?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
That sounds neat. I'm all for it :3

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
I'm in for it as well. It'll be interesting to see other's tactics.

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
Tony just wants to beat everyone's collective ass.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
I can't. (sigh) my dorm blocks portable internet access. I don't know why, but only laptops and cellphones are allowed to use the web.

Coeurl

Demon Dance
that would be great but again, i'll just be at the audience stand, cheering for whoever i want to win.

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards
Is Dissidia capable of online without Adhoc Party? I'd love to be part of a tournament (I'd do very well with my Kuja set...I think. It's pretty good IMO), but Don't have a PS3 for Adhoc Party.

Also, no one answered my question...Do you know the answer, Shamdeo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back