• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anyone else think Sora pales in comparison to TAV?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

tenchi ryu

No...thats not what I meant....i was referring to BBS as far as the english version vs subbed version. The LS comment is based on information I've gotten back when people were discussing KH2FM here on these forums. And I completely agree that this information is probably incorrect, cause a lot of theories here tend to be. I meant no disrespect.....:)

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Sora only kicks butt WITH HIS FRIENDS. Think about it, all the major battles that TAV had to fight alone, Sora fought with his friends.

How does that make him less of a character? He isn't supposed to be solo. He is young and is inexperienced. And bullshit on TAV always fighting alone. I can name multiples where you have a partner. The same can be said with Sora. He has had time alone and still has kicked ass.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I'm pretty sure Nomura stated he wanted Sora to be like this, so the gamer could easier relate or not think you have to be particularly special to be a hero or someone important.

Sora is also a Nomura self insert. Sora = boring and normal means Nomura = boring and normal xD

But yeah, I remember reading that. He is, after all, just a regular kid.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
How does that make him less of a character? He isn't supposed to be solo. He is young and is inexperienced. And bullshit on TAV always fighting alone. I can name multiples where you have a partner. The same can be said with Sora. He has had time alone and still has kicked ass.

Sora is 90% of the time with allies. With TAV, they're mostly alone. Yes, there are times where they have allies but not nearly as much as Sora does.

He is young and is inexperienced.

You're... proving my point, you know? I'm trying to say how TAV are much stronger than Sora and you saying "he's young and inexperienced" pretty much proves my point.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Sora is 90% of the time with allies. With TAV, they're mostly alone. Yes, there are times where they have allies but not nearly as much as Sora does.

You're... proving my point, you know? I'm trying to say how TAV are much stronger than Sora and you saying "he's young and inexperienced" pretty much proves my point.

You are unfair to use that against Sora. He was not trained. TAV were. So, skills are not important. TAV are just flashy and thats pretty much it.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
You are unfair to use that against Sora. He was not trained. TAV were. So, skills are not important. TAV are just flashy and thats pretty much it.

Um... are you on a completely different argument here? I'm simply saying that TAV are stronger than Sora. You seem to be talking about something else entirely.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards

This is true.

Just because Sora used a toy sword for maybe like 8-10 years on Destiny Islands and fought with Riku doesn't make him a master.

In other words Sora basically just kinda picked up a giant key, and became a master. So Sora is stronger than TVA in my opinion.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
In other words Sora basically just kinda picked up a giant key, and became a master. So Sora is stronger than TVA in my opinion.

...Are you joking? Sora NEVER became a master, fool. Saying "Oh he picked up a giant key and became a master" is like saying "I won a merit badge and I have now become an Eagle Scout"

Don't insult TAV by putting him in the same level as sora.

Fixed your post.

Dowhax

Bronze Member

So basically 90% of Sora with his allies = to the same amount of time TAV have been alone. The other 10% for both parties is the opposite. That seems about right.

I can name a few times Sora was alone (in no particular order):

1. the 1000 heartless battle

2. Everything up to when Sora meets Donald and Goofy

3. The darkside boss fight at the end of kh1.

4. the 2nd ansem fight

5. the 3rd ansem fight

6. Riku Replica battle just after the Destiny Island world in COM.

7. The whole Destiny Islands level in COM.

8. Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 SEPHIROTH!!!

9. Kh2:fm Lingering Sentiment (I believe)

10. KH2:fm Organization XIII data battles (I believe)

11. The arena battles in the underdrome that only Sora could compete in.

((That's about all I can think of, lol. But ya, Sora has been alone a lot of times. And I'm sure I'm missing a few here and there.))

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
i think sora can take Ven but he is about par with terra and aqua maybe a little weaker but not by over kill either

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
So basically 90% of Sora with his allies = to the same amount of time TAV have been alone. The other 10% for both parties is the opposite. That seems about right.

I can name a few times Sora was alone (in no particular order):

1. the 1000 heartless battle

2. Everything up to when Sora meets Donald and Goofy

3. The darkside boss fight at the end of kh1.

4. the 2nd ansem fight

5. the 3rd ansem fight

6. Riku Replica battle just after the Destiny Island world in COM.

7. The whole Destiny Islands level in COM.

((That's about all I can think of, lol. But ya, Sora has been alone a lot of times. And I'm sure I'm missing a few here and there.))

1. That's technically debatable since all the FF characters as well as Mickey, Donald and Goofy took part in fighting the Heartless army.
2. So basically just Darkside and a few weak Heartless and Squall. All of which he loses against. :/
3. One of the weakest enemies ever.
4. Technically it's debatable whether or not that battle was really won since Destiny Islands just disappears and you immediately get telaported to the Dark Realm.
5. He only fought alone for about a minute and then Donald and Goofy came to help.
6. Whom he loses against :/
7. Which is just normal Shadows and Darkside... yeah, Sora is SO hardcore >_>
8. Sephiroth isn't really canon.
9. No, they just stopped the battle. If Sora really did win, you would see LS being weak at the end but instead he just stands there like nothing happened. He just realizes Sora isn't Xehanort and then just kneels down. And even by the smallest chance Sora "won" he had Donald and Goofy with him.
10. Not canon.
11. Not canon.

So basically a few of them aren't canon and a few of them, Sora lost in, and a few of them are just weak Shadows and Darkside. :/

it didn't need any fixing tav aren't as good as sora and don't forget its up to SORA to save their asses

Wow, that's retarded. Sora didn't have to battle as many tough enemies like TAV BY HIMSELF. Vanitas and Xehanort are much tougher opponents than Xehanort's Heartless or Xemnas and TAV fought them alone while Sora had a bunch of friends to help him along the way. Saying "He needs to save them" doesn't say he's "stronger"

That's like saying a guy needs to help a man who fell off a ditch. He needs to save that guy, but does it make him stronger than that guy? No. So bad example.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Someone relevant please. The KH1 battle wasn't canon, and KH Sephiroth is considerably weaker than his FF counterpart.

Nah, he had Donald and Goofy with him.

Donald and Goofy.

Not canon.

Dowhax

Bronze Member
I never mentioned if they were canon, not canon, or weak or whatever. I was just mentioning the times that I remember that Sora was alone and he kicked ass. And if your gonna say Darkside was weak, which I admit he was, but it depends on what difficulty your talking about, and how much you leveled up before the fight. But that's besides the point, just refer to the first sentence of this post.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I never mentioned if they were canon, not canon, or weak or whatever. I was just mentioning the times that I remember that Sora was alone and he kicked ass. And if your gonna say Darkside was weak, which I admit he was, but it depends on what difficulty your talking about, and how much you leveled up before the fight. But that's besides the point, just refer to the first sentence of this post.

...No, Darkside is easy no matter what difficulty or level you're in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back