• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I figured out what KH3D stands for*

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
*I lied to get you into this topic.

Shit. Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit. Godfuckingdammmit.

Kingdom Hearts 3D = 340 Days / 2
Hahahaha, funny right? It would be if it was a joke.

So I was thinking about how coincidental it was that 358/2 Days has the initials 3D. With KH 3D on the way, that'd make two games that have those specific initials. That's quite a coincidence.

I had a very entertaining thought. What if they had the same title, but were different games. I laughed at the absurdity. That doesn't make any sense...
-hit by train-
Unless they take place in the same time period.

It's what people have been theorizing. KH3D takes place around the time of 358/2 Days. It's about Sora's year asleep. We'll be going through his dreams I imagine (can you say, "More KH1 retreading!"). Meanwhile, in the real world, we'll be playing as Riku, detailing the time of his absence as Nomura promised (and it'll also account for the appearance of new worlds).

Why would we have this game? Nomura said the next game would reveal the data that DiZ inserted into Sora. This is that game. Instead of seeing its effect in the future as has been proposed, we're going to get to see DiZ develop the research on it and actually place it in Sora. If my other theory is true about Riku's memories [see spoiler section], this will also naturally affect Sora's dreams. It'll be a pretty Riku-centric game.

Stop and think. Nomura said coded is the equivalent to CoM for KH3, it's the bridge game. If KH3D took place after coded, then that wouldn't be true. It'd bridge between KH2 and KH3D, not KH3.

Naturally, though, it wouldn't necessarily take place on the exact same days as 358/2 Days since Sora's sleep is slightly different.

He goes to sleep on Day 25 and wakes up 7 days after 358/2 Days.
Meaning, 358 - 25 + 7 = 340 Days. 340 Days spent over two perspectives (Sora and Riku).

Though it doesn't have to be that exactly. If anything, I'd bet on the title "Kingdom Hearts 3XX Days [/2 optional]"

Oh and also:
Look to RE:Coded to prepare you for the secret movie. We considered many things, including KH:Days in the making of the secret movie.
Funny how he mentions KH Days in the secret ending which will be hinting most likely at KH3D, no?

Please, someone tell me this doesn't make sense, that I'm wrong.
I don't want to see Xion again.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
We've never had worlds that were exclusive to just one scenario, so I doubt its about Sora's year asleep.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
NOOOO! I don't want Xion in the palm of my hands anymore! What if...wait are you saying 3D takes place during the entire time of Sora's sleep cuz in Days Riku was a gentlemen instead of a boy in clown clothes. Unless you're suggesting he ditched his black coat Ansem gave him, had a little adventure grew up and then KH2 happens. I really hope you're wrong no offense. Can't Coded still be the CoM to KH3 if it were like this: KH3 is about Sora finally saving TAV and/or RAX right? Well Coded served that purpose in telling us that they needed to be saved and that Sora was connected to them KH3D is kinda like the KH:Days of KH3, happens after KH3's CoM and explains events that we don't see. That's probably why he said "we had KH:Days in mind." Argh! Xion NO!

αsiя

space coke
Hmm it's a good idea I have to admit, but don't you think is sorta repetitive having another game between KH1 and KH2, but if it helps the story then why not.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
That translation seems a bit iffy (the first question in particular), but hm.
I personally think it doesn't sound that bad of a game. I always thought Riku's side of Days seemed more interesting and wished that we had seen more of it.
I don't think this really solves the issue of the title though... because I doubt Nomura would actually give pretty much the same exact title twice.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
To be nit-picky, he said it was an abbreviation of the actual title, not an acronym.

Lady-Lee

Awards
I just hope that its not a complete rehashing of kh1 again. I would like an explanation of some of the other newer worlds that came into play in 2.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
That's a pretty good theory, makes perfect sense. I hope they make the story at least semi-interesting and have good gameplay. Because honestly, the 3DS could make a full production value game, it would be lazy of them to make it a short and crappy little title.

Jakek9

This is literally my Fan Game I was creating. lol, makes perfect sense. Though it sounds a bit obvious. Not to mention specific worlds to each scenario? hmmmm...

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Though, it doesn't really address how the issue of how Terra/MX's hearts/power/memories was divided and whether or not Terra's heart is in Riku would be answered, which Nomura said would be a key part to the next story after BBS.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
HeartStation just translated that interview and that thing about the secret ending isn't what you think it is.

-Will there be a new secret movie?
Nomura: Unfortunately not. We didn’t have time to add in something to that extent. But on the other hand I can say with confidence that there is a secret movie being prepared for Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded. Please look forward to the contents of it that weren’t in the mobile version. Since so many people wanted to see a secret movie in Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, we kept that in mind this time around

So no, they didn't "consider KH:Days in the making of the movie" in the sense of the plot of the secret ending, but just the fact that people wanted Days to have an SE, so they decided to put one into Re:Coded.

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
wow grass. i like your idea. you are a genius.

Though, it doesn't really address how the issue of how Terra/MX's hearts/power/memories was divided and whether or not Terra's heart is in Riku would be answered, which Nomura said would be a key part to the next story after BBS.

The latter at least would make sense in a Riku scenario. And it's possible the former could still be integrated some how. And btw acronyms are often connoted as a form of abbreviation because they are related,alongside contractions. It's most likely an acronym because an abbreviation is a shortend form of one word( like gov't, Dr., Rd,) whereas acronyms are symbols or letters representing two or more words (BBS, U.S., or 3D{three dimensional}). so there's some nitpickiness for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back