• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

PSP3000 or 3DS?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member
Hello~
I've been thinking about getting a new handheld and I was originally going to get a PSP3000 since I already had a DSI that i've only had for a year. But then, I saw Nintendo's E3 conference with all the new games for the 3ds n' such and now i'm torn between the two. Both have games i'm interested in and I only want to get one or the other since I don't have the money to buy both (And if the 3DS is as expensive as people have been saying, I really don't have the money for both).

So... Which one do you guys think I should get? Should I wait for the 3ds or buy a PSP3000?

khphantom97

Website
www.youtube.com
Well, as cool as the PSP, and as better as the PSP is then the DS, the 3DS is probably the better choice. But, since you already got a DSi, just get the PSP, and then save up to get the 3DS.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Well, the 3DS comes out in the middle of next year, so you might be able to get it... But I would say PSP but that is just me. But I am really torn when I say that because the 3DS looks frackin amazing. Only reason I chose PSP was because that is available to you right now and 3DS is way out there in the future.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
What makes this generation of handhelds so different from their console counterparts is the sheer number of exclusives. Both PSP and DS have a great number of excellent titles, and if you're able to get both, do so.

Hero_of_Fate

The Flaming C
Website
mariomedia.net
Well, the 3DS comes out in the middle of next year, so you might be able to get it... But I would say PSP but that is just me. But I am really torn when I say that because the 3DS looks frackin amazing. Only reason I chose PSP was because that is available to you right now and 3DS is way out there in the future.
Where'd you get that from? Nintendo of America is looking for a Holiday release. If that doesn't happen, it's still going to be out in Q1 2011. I don't really think that's half way through. It still is quite some time from now, though.

denizenofevil

I'd go with the PSP 3000. It's dropped in price and the 3DS will be pretty pricey when it comes out. I'm the type of person to wait for a price drop before going out and buying hardware. It saves a lot of money that I can use for games or other hardware. I actually didn't buy a DSLite until a few months ago. Besides, Nintendo likes to rerelease things so maybe they'll make a new version of the 3DS.

seifbugazia

NO, the 3ds is coming out early 2011http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged-in/peripheral-vision-new-gaming-hardware-headed-your-way/1402922

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
Get a PSP and by the time the 3DS comes out you will probably have money it, we dont know when its coming out or the price of it and if it was coming out soon we would have been told something at E3 like coming this Fall or Early next year but we didnt so you will definately have time to get the money for a 3DS when it comes out.

deep_but_stupid

3DS

1; its gonna AWESOME
2; it s lot more powerfull
3;The graphics look as good as psp but with added 3D and touchscreen functionality
4;Massive back catalogue of Ds games and smaller one for psp
5;Its gonna monopolise the handheld market, so a lot of more games will be made than psp - lots more variety and choice.
6;Its new generation and it will reighn supreme for the next 5-10 years and psp is coming to wards the end of its shelf life
7; lots of 3rd party support and some powerhouse franchises - great sign for the future
8; you can sell your DSi and put it towards a 3DS which will save money and mean you can still play your old ds games.
9; you allready have games you can play on it if you have a DSi
10; kingdom hearts 3D

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Get a 3DS. The DSi has a bigger selection of Titles that are fun already, and you'll be able to play all of those + All the awesome games we saw at E3.
PSP has a low selection of good titles, even thought it's more powerful than DSi, the 3DS will be as powerful if not better.

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member
The only problem I have with the PSP is the battery. I'm someone who would use it alot for four hour (Sometimes five) long car rides so I need something that can go for a while without dying. I know I can simply use a car charger to fix the problem but I end up forgetting it alot when i'm packing (Yes, I seriously do this all the time D:).
How long does it normally go for when fully charged?

Hero_of_Fate

The Flaming C
Website
mariomedia.net
Actually, no, the 3DS can come out anytime between tomorrow and March 31, 2011. It doesn't have to come out in 2011, but it has to come out before Nintendo's fiscal year ends.

Bingo. An interview with Reggie made it sound like Nintendo of America was hoping to have it out before March 31st, though. Specifically the Holiday season. Of course they'd want to do that, though. More money.

PSP has a low selection of good titles, even thought it's more powerful than DSi, the 3DS will be as powerful if not better.

I'm pretty sure Snake Eater 3D, Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition, and Resident Evil Revelations have already proven that 3DS is significantly more powerful than the PSP.

deep_but_stupid

How long does it normally go for when fully charged?

Not very long i'm afraid because a lot of power is used for spinning the disk. I'm always charging mine. Also the charge cable for the psp 3000 is rather short so its a pain if you want to charge while playing and a compfy place to sit is just too far away. I know my ds has a much longer battery life and i read that battery was one of the thing they were trying to improve on for the 3DS.

But thing, with my psp t least is that somtimes on full charge it can last 4 hours and sometimes it lasts 2

Hero_of_Fate

The Flaming C
Website
mariomedia.net
Yeah, PSP would have greater battery life if it didn't need to spin a disc. As far as the 3DS is concerned, Miyamoto has said it should have battery life at least equal to DSi (9-14 hours depending on backlight), which they were probably able to do since 3DS just uses an upgraded Game Card medium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back