• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Birth by Sleep Voice Actors Nimoy Confirmed

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Has anyone considered that Hamill may be Vanitas?

Now just wait before you start flaming...

I know in Japan, Sora's voice actor was Vanitas, for obvious reasons, but can anyone REALLY imagine Osment being Vanitas? I cannot. But Hamill is PERFECT for the role. He usually does higher-pitched voices, like the Joker and The Watcher (Darksiders), and plus, the laugh. It just fits.

I honestly can't picture him as Terra. It's just...eh. I mean, it'd be cool, but I would just have to hear it first. Him as Eraqus is also something hard to imagine, but I can see it.

Seriously guys? Can you seriously just put in spoiler tags? I know you're "technically" not saying what Vanitas looks like but by saying "Vanitas should be voiced by this guy for OBVIOUS reasons" is pretty much giving it away and only someone who was mentally retarded wouldn't have been spoiled from that? Is it really that hard to put in a spoiler warning?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Yeah, I can definitely see Mark Hamill as Terra :D

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member
On the whole Vanitas thing,

I have faith that HJO can do Vanitas's voice. If it was anyone other than him, it would take away from the OMGWAT?!? factor of seeing Sora's face y'know? It randomly being Hamill would make it weird, even though I love his voice acting.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
On the whole Vanitas thing,

I have faith that HJO can do Vanitas's voice. If it was anyone other than him, it would take away from the OMGWAT?!? factor of seeing Sora's face y'know? It randomly being Hamill would make it weird, even though I love his voice acting.

I agree. Actually, I remember someone link to a video a while ago of young HJO doing this ridiculous laugh

I'm fairly certain he can do it.

blacksamurai2

Bronze Member
It would not take someone half a brain to put thing like this. If you go to IMBD then you look the Japanese Version of the game, and see that XXX plays XXX and that XXX is the English equivalent.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It would not take someone half a brain to put thing like this. If you go to IMBD then you look the Japanese Version of the game, and see that XXX plays XXX and that XXX is the English equivalent.

No, but those are the person's choice in looking. This part of the site is supposed to be spoiler free for people who don't want to know spoilers.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

But not everyone looks at the Japanese stuff because they don't want spoilers so they wouldn't even know the voice actor.

Plus, not many Americans would really look up Japanese voice actors. I for one, find it rather pointless.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
But not everyone looks at the Japanese stuff because they don't want spoilers so they wouldn't even know the voice actor.

Plus, not many Americans would really look up Japanese voice actors. I for one, find it rather pointless.

Well it's not like anyone who played the japanese version needs to look up Vanitas' japanese voice actor. Just look at his face and you automaticaly know who is going to voice him in english.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Well it's not like anyone who played the japanese version needs to look up Vanitas' japanese voice actor. Just look at his face and you automaticaly know who is going to voice him in english.

That's not the point. My point is that people are plain out giving away spoilers on Vanitas by saying "OH, HE'S GOING TO BE VOICED BY **** AND IT'S OBVIOUS WHY!!!"
This isn't in the spoiler-section so you need to be spoiler tags when you discuss those things.

YUPPP

Holy fuck dude. Saying that is a fucking spoiler. The only thing more of a spoiler is just flat out telling people who voices him. People who show restraint and don't want to know everything yet are going to be pissed.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
That's not the point. My point is that people are plain out giving away spoilers on Vanitas by saying "OH, HE'S GOING TO BE VOICED BY **** AND IT'S OBVIOUS WHY!!!"
This isn't in the spoiler-section so you need to be spoiler tags when you discuss those things.

Well i've only seen one person who actually posted a spoiler of who Vanitas is on this thread. Everyone else has only said, that Vanitas can only have one VA to voice him because of how he looks. We gave no hints as to what he looks like at all. Therefore it's not a spoiler.

No one is revealing or hinted what he looks like and no one is stating his VA (Except for one guy), we're just saying only one guy can voice him cause of how he looks, we never stated anything about how he looks.

So no spoilers involved.

Holy fuck dude. Saying that is a fucking spoiler. The only thing more of a spoiler is just flat out telling people who voices him. People who show restraint and don't want to know everything yet are going to be pissed.

What are you talking about? I simply said anyone who plays the japanese version will see Vanitas' face and know who his english VA will be. I never gave any hint as to who Vanitas is. So how in the world did I spoil anything? To people who never played the Japanese version they don't know who i'm refering to, for all they know I could be talking about Donald Duck being Vanitas lol.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Well i've only seen one person who actually posted a spoiler of who Vanitas is on this thread. Everyone else has only said, that Vanitas can only have one VA to voice him because of how he looks. We gave no hints as to what he looks like at all. Therefore it's not a spoiler.

No one is revealing or hinted what he looks like and no one is stating his VA (Except for one guy), we're just saying only one guy can voice him cause of how he looks, we never stated anything about how he looks.

So no spoilers involved.

What are you talking about? I simply said anyone who plays the japanese version will see Vanitas' face and know who his english VA will be. I never gave any hint as to who Vanitas is. So how in the world did I spoil anything? To people who never played the Japanese version they don't know who i'm refering to, for all they know I could be talking about Donald Duck being Vanitas lol.

It was more than one guy, I counted about 3 or 4 -_-

Everyone keeps hinting at whose the voice actor. This is the problem is that if you spoil Vanitas voice actor, you spoil what he looks like. In fact, that's how I got spoiled on what Vanitas looked like and it freakin' pissed me off!

blacksamurai2

Bronze Member

They would not know it was spoilers unless they already spoiled themselves. And I am an American and I looked up the Japanese VA's.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
They would not know it was spoilers unless they already spoiled themselves. And I am an American and I looked up the Japanese VA's.

I said "not many" not "all"

They would know because many users in this thread gave HUGE hints to Vanitas identity simply by naming the actor. And again, it was about 3 or 4 people who did that.

Xion_Z_Forgotten

I do not care who does his voice as long as they don't screw it up, period, are you serious the chick from the oc is playing Aqua maybe, i think she'll do well, her voice seems to match from things i've seen of her...

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Mark Hamill as Master Xehanort would've been cool. O:

but asdhofiasdhfoash AS TERRA!? (if that's correct!) AWESOME :DD (...let's begin the Joker = Terra jokes :3 Or bad Star Wars jokes...) The rest of the cast sounds cool! Yay for Leonard Nimoy as Master Xehanort. xD; And yay for Jesse McCartney and James Woods coming back too! even though we already knew jesse was voicing ven but anywhooooo~

...Anyone know who Willa Holland is? D: She's not in any Disney Channel stuff, so you can't blame Disney for her being cast as Aqua, if the list is going in order of characters.

Uh. Yeah. Thank you very much for the news! :D

I wanted Cam Clarke as Terra and Morgan Freeman as Master Xehanort.
Oh well, back to fanfictions....

Glad of the updizzle

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
I don't really have anything to say except.........

Hamill=Terra=WIN!

Actually, unless it has been confirmed already, I'm both hoping for him to VA as Eraqus and banking on him. He's an older actor, right? Wouldn't he be more fitting for an older role? Besides, wouldn't playing the role of a Jedi Apprentice, then role as a Keyblade Master be kind of ironic?

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Memory Master said:
I know for a fact this is incorrect because I was spoiled months ago in this very thread about Vanitas' appearance because some idiot was like "XXX is voicing Vanitas obviously because of how he looks". Anyone with half a brain would read that statement and think, "oh, so Vanitas must look like.....dammit!!!!". Not saying you've spoiled anyone because it seems like your statements were veiled, but you'd be ill-advised to believe that others have been as careful considerate as you. =/

Ademaa

The only thing I am worried about is that Aqua's voice actor will....stop in the middle....of sentences....and ruin the whole thing. Hamill and Nimoy I am not worried about but so far all of these actress-voice actors (Xion is a big offender) don't have good delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back