• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Whats the big deal with Spoilers anyway?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Have you spoiled yourself?

• Yes

Votes: 52 68.4%
  • No, but I might

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • No Im not going to either

Votes: 19 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
A lot of people have left the site because they dont want to be spoiled but what is the big deal anyway?
you are going to find out eventually anyway and you will be just as surprised when you read it as when you see it. So what IS the big deal?

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards
Some people don't want to be spoiled because they rather find it out their own while playing the game.
I spoiled myself a bit, but I don't plan on spoiling too much to the point that I know every single thing that happens before I even get a chance to play it.

Captain Garlock

Did I ever tell you I love red?
I find it futile.
Your going to find out someway either at school or on the net so why hide it.

FadedSunrise

For me it doesn't matter, personally. If I really want the game, I'll still get the game.

Case in point, I watched entire playthroughs of FFX and Crisis Core online, in Japanese(and for Crisis Core also in English). I've since bought FFX and loved it, and am planning to pick up Crisis Core when I get a psp for BBS.

For BBS I've watched the entire playthrough, and yes, still want it.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
yeah i mean just stuff making games, let's just tell the gaming community our plot and not bother producing anything for our fans to play.

mjejr1

Even if you watch a whole playthrough you still are'nt going to know everything about the game so you might as well spoil yourself.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
I have a feeling most people who play BbS with high plot expectations will fall from great heights.

Voltron

Silver Member
A lot of people have left the site because they dont want to be spoiled but what is the big deal anyway?
you are going to find out eventually anyway and you will be just as surprised when you read it as when you see it. So what IS the big deal?

If you spoil yourself, then the excitment for the game lessens. I for one spoiled myself on the boss fights, which I'm ticked at my self about, but I didn't spoil anything about the plot because boss fights really don't say anything.

Waiting for the game to come out is part of the fun and if you know what's going to happen, it takes away from the fun.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Also, if you spoil the game, you're more likely to not like it. The "oh, Lord!" moments you have are pretty amazing. Nocturne and I were pretty much squealing to each other when we were watching the end of the live play-through of Terra's scenario, but the hype has gone for me, unfortunately. I wouldn't recommend spoiling yourself if you're looking forward to the game because really, you're just depriving yourself of an experience.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I have a feeling most people who play BbS with high plot expectations will fall from great heights.

Oh, No. I expected the plot to be wonderful and it was BETTER than I expected it to be.

I really dont think surfing boards and seeing so many "I cant believe that... SPOILERS" and wanting to read them so badly but you dont making you want to tear out your hair is a good thing.

I accidentally spoiled myself on Xehanorts origin and when I did... I was happy. So I went ahead and spoiled most of the story and am proud that Square did such a good job.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Oh, No. I expected the plot to be wonderful and it was BETTER than I expected it to be.

Personal opinion. I'm feeling a little bit empty and disappointed because I speculated TOO much on what'd happen. So, I spoiled myself by theorising, I guess.

I really dont think surfing boards and seeing so many "I cant believe that... SPOILERS" and wanting to read them so badly but you dont making you want to tear out your hair is a good thing.

There are still thousands of people who visit the site who don't want to be spoiled, so that's why spoilers are kept from titles. If nobody cared about being spoiled, then we wouldn't have the "no spoilers in title" rule. We're not tempting people, we're just making sure people aren't spoiled if they don't want to be. There is no other way around it.

I accidentally spoiled myself on Xehanorts origin and when I did... I was happy. So I went ahead and spoiled most of the story and am proud that Square did such a good job.

Yeah, still thought it was anti-climatic.

αsiя

space coke
I dont want to go through another Days
I now realize that its better to spoil yourself
I know what to expect and Im really excited about
I want to be able to experience
but Im not going to watch translation of the whole game
I might know what happen but I dont know what they are saying

Lumen et ignem

Bronze Member
I don't really see how it matters if you spoil the game. If you don't know anything about the game at all then how do you know you want to play it? I find out everything I can without finding out what's being said and it gets me more interested in it than not knowing if it's going to be boring or exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back