• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Vanitas Identity

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TredCRS

I think I thought of something truly briliant, Vanitas has nothing to do with our heroes, meaning hes not connected to any of them other than him being a villan.

I think i believe that earlier postings showed that his name could roughly be translated into Vanity correct? Well think about it what are most mad man after immortality! Vanitas is not an Unversed of Ven or anything like that he is merely a clone of Xehanort, a "YOUNGER" version of him self, he wants to be come imortal instead of aging and becoming a decrepit old man, hence where "Vanity" comes in. If you watch any of the trailers with them together they walk with the same stature and hold there bodies identically! This is how we end up with the younger Xehanort in KH 1 & 2 he is merely a replica of Xehanort himself, and after his master and him are beaten he loses his memories, MX obviously dies and he carries on his legacy!

Flame all you want but the connections are there, maybe im wrong wont know till the game comes out thats fine with me but it struck me like a bolt of lightning just like my theory as to why Roxas was Soras Nobody before KH2 came out.

Oh and if this has been thought of before close the thread :p

αsiя

space coke
What you trying say is Vanitas is Xehanort or Vanitas is a clone of Xehanort
or a clone of the younger version of MX

Sholted

Yeah, truly briliant as you said. I like the idea, except for the fact that Young Xehanort and Master Xehanort look nothing like each other.

TredCRS

Yeah, truly briliant as you said. I like the idea, except for the fact that Young Xehanort and Master Xehanort look nothing like each other.

Do most younger versions of ones self look exactly the same as they age? Vanitas is basicaly Xehanort as a teenager! Obviously no one can be compleatly sure whats under that helmet but watch the videos everything he does pretty much mirrors Xehanort.

Sholted

Do most younger versions of ones self look exactly the same as they age?

No, not exactly the same. But you don't change that much usually.
But now I look better, I see 'look nothing like each other' is a wrong statement. But then again, Nomura's character designs are in some cases not very much different.

Don't know how to add an image here that's not on Internet, but I placed an image of Xehanort en Master Xehanort near each other and now I see this theory is possible.

But what Axel of Ice said, that is the weak point of this theory.

Xion used the Kingdom Key, as Sora did, because she's his replica. That means Vanitas has to wield MX's keyblade but he doesn't

EDIT: Why would say MX say: That man is possessed with darkness, or something like that if that man is his younger self.

And:
So what? Their eyes are almost the same.

So, when people have blue eyes (a lot people have) they look like each other... Half of the world's population would look like each other in that case.
I think 'The same' and 'the same color' means the same in the case of eyes.
Sora, Kairi and Riku would also be clones of each other then, because their eyes are the same. Also, MX's and Vanitas' eyes are not exactly the same. They are game characters. Most characters with the same eyecolor have the same eyes.

Last edited:

Obsidian

No, not exactly the same. But you don't change that much usually.
But now I look better, I see 'look nothing like each other' is a wrong statement. But then again, Nomura's character designs are in some cases not very much different.

Don't know how to add an image here that's not on Internet, but I placed an image of Xehanort en Master Xehanort near each other and now I see this theory is possible.

But what Axel of Ice said, that is the weak point of this theory.

Xion used the Kingdom Key, as Sora did, because she's his replica. That means Vanitas has to wield MX's keyblade but he doesn't

It could be that they "became" two different people. Similar to how the moment you clone someone, they develop their own memories, seperate from yours. Even if he's a copy of someone, they are still technically their own person (see: Tales of the Abyss)

Example:
Xion was created from Sora's memories of Kairi, although instead of becoming a (perfect) copy of Kairi (or Sora I guess) she became her own person. Don't forget that she was originally "blank" and had no face, but then later developed her own identity.

Sholted said:
EDIT: Why would say MX say: That man is possessed with darkness, or something like that if that man is his younger self.

And:

So, when people have blue eyes (a lot people have) they look like each other... Half of the world's population would look like each other in that case.
I think 'The same' and 'the same color' means the same in the case of eyes.
Sora, Kairi and Riku would also be clones of each other then, because their eyes are the same. Also, MX's and Vanitas' eyes are not exactly the same. They are game characters. Most characters with the same eyecolor have the same eyes.

Is there a screenshot of Vanitas' eyes? I haven't been here in a while then... I'm guessing MX would say "that man" because he isn't the "real" MX, his copy/replica/clone is now his own person (if this theory holds true I guess).

Sholted

Vanitas isn't showed without helmet yet. But if Vanitas is Xehanort, than the match between eyes can be done between Xehanort en Master Xehanort. They haven't exactly the same eyes (not the same color), but eyes is not really a thing that differs much at game characters.
I like the idea of Vanitas becoming an person with an own identity. That's indeed what happened to Xion.

Chris211

I think I thought of something truly briliant, Vanitas has nothing to do with our heroes, meaning hes not connected to any of them other than him being a villan.

I think i believe that earlier postings showed that his name could roughly be translated into Vanity correct? Well think about it what are most mad man after immortality! Vanitas is not an Unversed of Ven or anything like that he is merely a clone of Xehanort, a "YOUNGER" version of him self, he wants to be come imortal instead of aging and becoming a decrepit old man, hence where "Vanity" comes in. If you watch any of the trailers with them together they walk with the same stature and hold there bodies identically! This is how we end up with the younger Xehanort in KH 1 & 2 he is merely a replica of Xehanort himself, and after his master and him are beaten he loses his memories, MX obviously dies and he carries on his legacy!

Flame all you want but the connections are there, maybe im wrong wont know till the game comes out thats fine with me but it struck me like a bolt of lightning just like my theory as to why Roxas was Soras Nobody before KH2 came out.

Oh and if this has been thought of before close the thread :p
Your wrong, the word "Vanitas" is roughly translated into emptiness in latin and was chosen for its similar look/sound to "Ventus" stated by Nomura in an interview I believe. If he had nothing to do with the heroes or Ven at least, Nomura would not have said he chose the name Vanitas because of its meaning and similarities to Ventus.

Chris211

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep- Kingdom Hearts Ultimania Look at the first scan on the page, click on continued and read the last paragraph.

"Vanitas has his face hidden, so he is even more mysterious than other characters. There is a very important reason that his face is covered, but I can’t tell that yet. I will tell you that you won’t see it until the end of the story. I chose his name first through the meaning I wanted, then when I was looking up words this one also sounded similar to Ventus. So the reason I chose this name was because it felt like he was destined for it"
- Nomura.

Last edited:

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
Do most younger versions of ones self look exactly the same as they age? Vanitas is basicaly Xehanort as a teenager! Obviously no one can be compleatly sure whats under that helmet but watch the videos everything he does pretty much mirrors Xehanort.

There was another theory that was like this. It was a really good one. Supporting evidence was how riku has that stance with the soul eater, the same stance that vanitas has. This stance was only shown after Riku went dark because he didnt use it in the DI fighting scenes. Maybe it was Xeharnort's heartless' influence that made him have that stance, and since Vanitas has it too, they must be connected.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
This is how we end up with the younger Xehanort in KH 1 & 2 he is merely a replica of Xehanort himself

Vanitas would still be too young/short to be Xehanort.
Xehanort is easily in his twenties, if not thirties (Nomura commented that Xemnas appears to be in his thirties), and Terra called Vanitas a boy, probably placing him around Ven's age. Now, considering there is less than a year between the end of BBS and when the memory of Mickey's flashback occurred, I don't see how Vanitas, who is also a good foot shorter than Xehanort, could possibly be Xehanort, at least on his own and through regular means.

MX obviously dies and he carries on his legacy!

Wait, are you talking about the MX that completely and utterly raped VAT without breaking a sweat? The same MX who fended off Terra, who seemed to have been placing all of his strength into his attacks, with one hand without taking any sort of visual recoil from the attack? The same MX who caught and firmly held a squirming Ven in one hand, even crushing his helm slightly with said hand? Are you seriously suggesting that MX dies, let alone looses?

Vanitas is basicaly Xehanort as a teenager!

That's all well and fine, except we see Xehanort as an adult (anywhere from 20-30) less than a year after BBS.

Obviously no one can be compleatly sure whats under that helmet but watch the videos everything he does pretty much mirrors Xehanort.

I don't see it.
Vanitas mirrors Riku, not Xehanort.

Why would say MX say: That man is possessed with darkness, or something like that if that man is his younger self.

At this point, I seriously doubt "that man" is referring to Vanitas, especially since Terra referred to him as a boy. If anything, I would say he is talking about Terra, possibly trying to get the person he is talking to to deal with Terra.

Supporting evidence was how riku has that stance with the soul eater, the same stance that vanitas has.

Which he had before XH took him over.

This stance was only shown after Riku went dark because he didnt use it in the DI fighting scenes.

Incorrect. We've seen Riku use the same stance in a flashback in CoM where Riku and Sora were a lot younger. As for DI, it's very possible that Riku wasn't trying, since he commonly just stood there and mocked you.

Maybe it was Xeharnort's heartless' influence that made him have that stance

Riku had that stance in the first HB fight, before XH took him over.

Dragonsblight

I think that Ven and Vanitas are definitely connected. I also believe that vanitas may be the ansem we know because like stated in the past he uses the same stance that riku did when he was under Ansem SoD's control and since they have te same stance and similar keyblades i am led to believe that Vanitas is possibly the Xehanort we know and hate

noshade15

I think it's pretty obvious that it's possibly going to be Terra that becomes the Xehenort that we know of today in the other games.

Dcasd1

it makes sense since ansem the wise said he found xehnaort with no memory of anything. he proably got amnesia during the battle. or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back