• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What IS wrong with KH2 Aerith?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you hate Aerith's KH2 voice?

• No, it's not so bad.

Votes: 32 48.5%
  • Yes, it was just crap as hell!!

Votes: 34 51.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Santuary

I don't get why people hate Aerith's KH2 voice so much, and why they prefer her KH1 voice. Everybody says that Aerith KH2 voice sucks so much, but I really can't see what's so bad about it.

To be honest (at the risk of a massive flame blaster), I actually PREFER her KH2 voice. To me, I think it actually suits her, she really does come off as a late teenage/early 20's young woman who is sweet, kind and loving, with a voice that just makes your heart melt.

As for her KH1 voice, I'm not saying I hated it, but it just didn't quite work for me, that's all.

This is just my opinion, I hope you can respect it, just as every one of you have your opinions about Aeriths voice, and I respect them too, even if it's a different opinion.

I'm in no way ranting about people who bash KH2 Aerith, I'm just interested as to why so many people hate the voice.

EDIT: By the way, if this question has been asked already, my bad.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Aerith's KH2 voice was at a monotone and it was just plain boring. That's why I hate it at least.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
Like others had said before me: monotone and boring, and honestly Mena Suvari could have done much better. I can't really say I digged Aeriths' voice in the first either, but at the very least she sounded like she actually had some emotion compared to robot redux in KH2.

Sparks

gone
Her voice was better in the first because it was Mandy Moore. In kh1 she sounded like she had emotions instead being a robot in Kh2. When I first heard her voice I was like WHAT THE HECK?!

WilliamTheWise

Oh right, I can change this....
Website
earltheandroid.tumblr.com
My PS2 broke when the game first came out. (The sound was disorted with static in the background) And I just assumed it was the game that made her voice sound so bad. But then I got a new PS2 and found the noise coming out of her mouth worse. It's too quiet, and really doesn't have any feeling behind it. I mean she's talking to Cloud like a robot.

Pheonex

I'll scorch your muffin.
And at least in KH2 she had more lines, and she totally ruined them! There was a lot of times when she could have been a lot more emotional. Even Cloud had more emotion when she was talking to him

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
There was a difference? lol

The time period between the release of the first game and the second game didn't allow me to take notice of that.

I was fine with both VOs.

sassysis10

I remember hearing her voice for the first time in KH2. It was so...yuck. No emotions. She was so bland. Even when she was talking to Cloud there was nothing there. It was awful.

Lolita

Dear You
I'll come in and be the different one.
I love Aerith to bits and pieces.
/way to be different

Anyways, even if she's my favorite FF female ( Eh I greatly dislike Tifa ), the VA for her in KH2 did pretty bad. It's not Aerith the character herself, persay, it's the VA, and her voice was so monotone and robotic. :C Had no emotion in it.

Attemisc

People hate it because it was probably the worst voice acting job on any Kingdom Hearts game. It was airy, monotone, and solemn. You could tell there was no connection between the actor and the character, and even Square knew that as evidenced by their smart shift to a new voice actor for Aerith in Crisis Core.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
Monotone in KH2. Nearly no emotion at all.
I prefer her KH1 voice. I'm not too much of a fan her VA's though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back