• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Did The Worlds Seem Short?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowXIII

Didn't it seem as if KH 2 had more places in each world, but too small. KH2 was so quick, it seemed as if their was less interaction. It seemed as if there were less things to do? Do you agree?

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
Extremely. They were all the same scenario too, gang shows up, helps the people based loosely on the film and just happen to stumble upon the keyhole. Repetitive and predictable.

ShadowXIII

I wish their was a little more interaction, and maybe a few extra characters. Though we visited the worlds twice, their should have been enough things in each world to draw us back over and over again.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
While I personally spent many days on the game, that's because I love letting the moogle pimp me.
KH2 seemed shorter probably in part due to these reasons (and more, but just what I have listed now)
  1. The game being far, far easier on too many levels. Either from the Heartless being weaker to Sora being much stronger and, well, Final Formed. I only really had a hard time around Berserker Nobodies - and then Final Form showed up.
  2. The game severely lacking as far as plot is concerned. Seeing how there weren't any threads to link it all together, as opposed to KH1, we didn't have the long dialoges between Sora's group and the people in Traverse Town, for instance. Also, wherever they popped up it was "ah, ok, so we'll get rid of the Heartless for ya... and now that we did, we're off!"
    Part of why I especially liked the Land of Dragons... it had a lot of screens, relatively built plot that actually connected to the wider plot (certain hooded people popping up), and Sora wasn't too strong the first time around.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
The worlds were wayy shorter. It seemed like, "Go here. Kill Heartless. Go here. Kill heartless. Go here. Fight boss." Whereas in KHI, you did a lot of exploration of the worlds.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
The chests were all in plain sight, as well. I don't know about you guys, but Hollow Bastian was not as cool without the castle. It made me miss the grand, expolratory glory of Traverse Town. D:

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I actually liked HB's design in KH2. It was different then KH1, yes, and wasn't with the cool puzzles (a huge, horrible, major downside in general in KH2), but I still liked the story and the design.
That, and it gave us Tron XD

Lexeon

Yeah, in KH1, there were more things you had to use your mind for. And there was more platforming, where you had to jump to this place or that place. KH1 was a lot tougher than KH2.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
One thing I specifically loved about KH1 was the useless but adorable things you could get Sora to do, like swimming outside of Atlantica, climbing tree, and walking on narrow ledges with his back to the wall.
This also includes albeit indirectly actually using High Jump for quests (like getting the chests at Deep Jungle).
It showed more what a healthy, hyperactive kid he was, and while he did change in KH2, he also retained a lot of it.
I missed it :(

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
That's the problem with KH2, the environments are linear because the KH team wanted the game to be easier; that's also the reason enemies are so easy to defeat.

I hope SE fixes this, I'm hoping for environments of KH1 in future games.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
Some reason they thought KH1 was too hard, which in some cases it was.
But they goofed and made KH2 way too easy, it's still a great game but you wind up with a button masher in the end.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
KH1 wasn't too hard. It had its easier moments and had the times where you cursed the PS2 (SEPHIROTH!!! >< *shakes fist at him*)
The game isn't as difficult as its hardest boss, however, just as it's not as easy as its easiest enemy. There being enemies in different difficulties only make it well balanced ._.
I hope they'll remember that in the future games.

jda-roxas

i agree with sora demon, SE made the possibility of easy mode on kh2 and on kh 1 there was only norma and hard. this does not change the fact that kh2 was like a kiddie ride compared to kh1.

HeartOfKratos84

Proud mode on KH2 = Normal mode on KH1

agreed... KH1 hardest mode proved quit the challenge and there were some bosses that constently kicked my butt over and over again. (Cureses Malefacent Dragon.) i am ashamed to say it but i had to mod Sora's defence just so i could beat the game on the hardest mode... even then it was still a challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back