• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ouch Heavenly Sword

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
Wait a minute, so how is IGN not credible? From what I can recall, IGN had the most accurate mainstream review for KH2 when it came out. Most people hanging out in the KH sections here were bawwwwwwwwwing their eyes out about it, much like now. (Coincidence? You decide!) People went on tirades (loose exaggeration), calling IGN "IGNorant" for days without end because apparently, giving a KH game a less than spectacular review was unheard of at the time.

Reality is, IGN's review for the game is a bit off, but mostly correct: it wasn't/isn't the greatest game ever, nor did it last long. Let's be honest, people: 23 hours or so should be enough to complete the entire journal. Worlds were short, and it was incredibly easy to get to treasure chests; not like in its predecessor, where you had to come back when you learned the x-ability. No matter how pretty looking it became or greatly the music improved, there really isn't any excuse for how simple the game's mechanics were. Sure, you'd occasionally get to press /\ whenever it appeared, but admit it: the battle system became incredibly repetitive, even with the fancy visuals. Now honestly, who's really being biased here?

Now that I've pretty much covered its flaws that for some reason every KH2 fanboy seems to overlook, there's absolutely no reason IGN should be called biased, nor should the review be ignored. It's not the best score, but it's still a good score. Much like KH2, the graphics (I still think Nariko has N64 hair) and sounds were praised. Gameplay sounds about accurate, since it is a SLASHAN game. If the extras really are going to be put up as free downloads, then I guess I don't have that much to say about their lasting appeal section of the review besides the obvious.

Like blinkboy said earlier, I'm a bit peculiar on the final rating it was given, since it's a flat 7, and not the 7.8 it's actually getting. Still, I can safely say that it wouldn't hurt for me to give the game at least one playthrough when I buy it.. used.

Omni_VII

PSWii C:
It's okay Omni_VII even though you ignore all the other good reviews it got and look at or two bad ones. I guess that makes right.

I don't see you telling this to Counter Shock... Heavenly Sword has gotten plenty of good reviews as well.

And obviously I don't think IGN are biased, because if they were they probably would've given Blue Dragon a higher score.

Subtly Inspiring
Didn't have IGN have the best reviews?But since these so called AAA games there suck at reviewing games?

lol, I just find that funny.

Kind funny also how you someone wont name any names.. Was bashing Blue Dragon and few others because of IGN score and 1ups..

Even though it got get score every else pretty much.. You guys say you don't go on one review.. Someone posts the first good lair review and after that.. All the other 5-6 reviews are wrong..

Just because one review liked it.. No IGN isn't bais, download there podcast sometime and you will know..

flamebait.

Anyways, reviews seems pretty right for the most part, I'm assuming. These kinds of mindless hack and slash games always entertain me though, so it's definitely one I'll pick up as soon as I get a PS3.

black acid

Heros need Villains
assuming this game is actually worth 5 hours of my life that's a damned good rating. IGN may be mainstream but it's normally right since it's staff team actually goes out and experiment with games from the inside out(I'd like to see gamespy try this) 79% of the time for the least, they know what there doing.

you kids wanna whine about it, make your own Gaming site then start bitchin'

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
I don't see you telling this to Counter Shock... Heavenly Sword has gotten plenty of good reviews as well.

And obviously I don't think IGN are biased, because if they were they probably would've given Blue Dragon a higher score.
Okay then,I don't look at PS3 reviews.. Untill someone posts them.. If got good reviews by everyone else then why does this one matter to you?

Note have you played BD? You say all the things about based on someone else review? So wait.. HS gets good reviews but IGN gives it and calls it out. But it doesnt matter because everyone else liked it and give it good reviews.

Samething happens to Blue Dragon and there right? Wow, lol.

Subtly Inspiring
Uh, maybe you haven't noticed, but they never called it a bad game.

"So, all that in mind, is Heavenly Sword a bad game? No, it’s not – although it certainly seems that someone, somewhere, forgot to ensure they were piling those glorious peripheral trimmings on a game worthy of all that Sony gold. Combat is undoubtedly the title’s strength and offers some immensely satisfying thrills when you actually get your hands on your sword. Projectile combat, too, is entertaining in its own right – although nowhere near enough to carry such lengthy sequences as is demanded here. What you’re paying for then with Heavenly Sword is the grandiose spectacle, the overblown production values and the chance to show just what your PS3’s capable of when given the chance. It’s a benchmark in presentation for console gaming and the lavishness of the show might well be enough for you to overcome the game’s significant failings. There’s definitely some kind of fun to be had here – albeit of the one-engaged brain cell variety – but make no mistake: Heavenly Sword takes the age-old mantra of style over substance and drags it kicking and screaming into the next generation."

This is a thread about heavenly Sword, no one gives a shit if Blue Dragon got a 7.9, other than you because you're dragging it out as your main point to flamebait.

And honestly, I'd never heard of Blue Dragon before you brought it up in this thread, that aside, just be quiet and go with it. Leave those who want to be immature and diss IGN to their own devices, because they're only making themselves look stupid.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
The rules of /v/:

"A game is only as good as it's lowest score"

A 360 game gets a low score it's "LOL SUCESS 4 SOWNY, SUK IT 360, LOLOL", and the 360 crew are like "LOL, IGN? MORE LIKE FAIL-GN, IT'S NAWT LEIK ANY1 LISTENZ 2 THEM, WAIT FOR A GOOD REVIERUR, LEIK GMAEINFORMER", and then enter 3 pages of back and forth arguing

Switch it around, PS3 game gets a low score it's like 'LOL OUCH 4 U HEAVENLY SWORD. SUK IT PS3, LUKZ LIKE UJ STRILL HAV NU GAMEZ", and then damage-control from the PS3 side with 'LOL LEIK IGN NOS ANYTHING? THIS FINNISH TV SHO GAEV IT PERFRECTR 10 FOREVAR!1!1 ITZ FUNIER U 360 GUYZ DO DIS, CUZ SE PS3 FANZ NEVAR GET LO REWVIUZ OF UR GAEMZ AND DEN LAF"

You guys have to see the humor in this

Black_Star

Stylin' on Ya
The rules of /v/:

A 360 game gets a low score it's "LOL SUCESS 4 SOWNY, SUK IT 360, LOLOL", and the 360 crew are like "LOL, IGN? MORE LIKE FAIL-GN, IT'S NAWT LEIK ANY1 LISTENZ 2 THEM, WAIT FOR A GOOD REVIERUR, LEIK GMAEINFORMER", and then enter 3 pages of back and forth arguing

Switch it around, PS3 game gets a low score it's like 'LOL OUCH 4 U HEAVENLY SWORD. SUK IT PS3, LUKZ LIKE UJ STRILL HAV NU GAMEZ", and then damage-control from the PS3 side with 'LOL LEIK IGN NOS ANYTHING? THIS FINNISH TV SHO GAEV IT PERFRECTR 10 FOREVAR!1!1 ITZ FUNIER U 360 GUYZ DO DIS, CUZ SE PS3 FANZ NEVAR GET LO REWVIUZ OF UR GAEMZ AND DEN LAF"

Post = win.

(..............................)

Vin

Bronze Member
I just wanna no where it says that it is 5 hours long! In an interview they said 12-15 hours!

Btw Twlight93 here are the release dates:
Warhawk: Aug.28th
Lair: AUg. 30th( according to gamestop)
Heavenly Sword: Sep. 12th

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
The rules of /v/:

This happens causse of 360 and PS3 fanboys. Then there are others that just says the scores arent bad and you need to play it yourself. Oh well i really dont care. Heavenly Sword could got a 5 and i would still buy it cause it looks awesome.

Also Muffin Man i dont ever understand half of the things you say.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
I find it laughable that we depend on gaming magazines and websites to dictate what is or is not a good game.

Half of them are in the pockets of the big three anyway. :\

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
"The kind of problem that persistently arises during Heavenly Sword: throughout you can't shake the feeling that you're playing a tangled mess of brilliant ideas desperately failing to wrestle themselves free from some incredibly misguided implementation.

For instance, it's a serious misstep when the strongest aspect of your game - sword play - is sidelined for almost 50 percent of its runtime. The very first level employs a massively hobbled version of the combat system which simply has none of the visceral thrill or satisfaction of the fully-fledged engine.

Throw in the decision to completely remove sword fighting again in chapter three (of six, one of which is simply a boss fight), replaced by some over-egged archery, then cripple it later still with some pretty but soulless silliness, and it adds up to maybe three to four hours of decent combat in a game which takes a rather embarrassing, and distinctly un-epic, six or seven hours to beat."

So, the game has 6 chapters, one of which is just a boss-battle and nothing else, and the other is an archery mission where you play a different character.

black acid

Heros need Villains
The rules of /v/:

I truly cant stop laughing.:thumbsup:

Oh baba.....what makes this a real joke is that it's true. :laugh:

Vin

Bronze Member
The rules of /v/:

Can u repharse that cause I HAVE NO CLUE WAT THAT MEAN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back