• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► T.J. Miller to voice Fred from Big Hero 6 in Kingdom Hearts 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

T.J. Miller confirmed on his Twitter account that he is reprising his role as Fred from Disney's Big Hero 6 in Kingdom Hearts 3. This news follows after this morning's announcement of the Big Hero 6 cast line-up for Kingdom Hearts 3.

Returning from the movie and animated Television series include Ryan Potter as Hiro HamadaScott Adsit as BaymaxGenesis Rodriguez as Honey Lemon, and Jamie Chung as Go Go TomagoKhary Payton, who voiced Wasabi No Ginger in the Television series, will be reprising this role in Kingdom Hearts III.

Thanks to forum user TheProfessional for the tip.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on The World Ends With You, Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
this totaly took me by surpise i guess they damon waynes for some reason all well it not a big loss i guess

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Can’t believe I called that. Of all the dumb theories I’ve proposed since I’ve been here, this would be the one that comes to pass. D:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Can’t believe I called that. Of all the dumb theories I’ve proposed since I’ve been here, this would be the one that comes to pass. D:

you jinxed it, zip!

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
CAN YOU FEEL MY APATHY AND DISDAIN. No wonder Fred wasn't in the announcement.

But he's secretly a good guy, y'all. /s

I guess I completely missed all the news about him, cuz I went from "yay another original voice actor" to "oh no, another harasser and crappy person" after reading up on it *sigh* Now I wish they did just use the show voice.

TheProfessional

I guess I completely missed all the news about him, cuz I went from "yay another original voice actor" to "oh no, another harasser and crappy person" after reading up on it *sigh* Now I wish they did just use the show voice.

Separate the work from the actor, who really is a good person, to be honest. Most people are misinterpreting and/or not looking into things well enough. Either way, the voice acting should not be judged based on this.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Separate the work from the actor, who really is a good person, to be honest. Most people are misinterpreting and/or not looking into things well enough. Either way, the voice acting should not be judged based on this.

No one is criticizing his acting skills at all. All of the backlash here is in response to the harrassment, assault, etc.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
He’s a solid comedian and a solid actor, but I’m not going to be happy that between the harassment and assault claims against him and the god damn false bomb threat he actually committed, he had time to come in and record for KH3.

TheProfessional

No one is criticizing his acting skills at all. All of the backlash here is in response to the harrassment, assault, etc.

Sorry. I worded that wrong. Saying one wishes it was now a different voice actor due to these past news stories on the man, is what I was getting at that should not be done. You're judging the voice actor himself and not the quality of his voice acting, which is kinda redundant and pointless seeing as though the man has been out of jail for months, didn't really hurt anyone, and is still getting work regardless. Again, separate the work from the man, or you might as well not enjoy a lot of talent that's out there, even though I personally view Miller as a good person myself.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Next you're gonna say Bill Cosby should be starring in a new family sitcom from jail.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Sorry. I worded that wrong. Saying one wishes it was now a different voice actor due to these past news stories on the man, is what I was getting at that should not be done. You're judging the voice actor himself and not the quality of his voice acting, which is kinda redundant and pointless seeing as though the man has been out of jail for months, didn't really hurt anyone, and is still getting work regardless. Again, separate the work from the man, or you might as well not enjoy a lot of talent that's out there, even though I personally view Miller as a good person myself.

Actions have consequences, and like it or not, he's going to be criticized for them just like James Woods has been.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Look, even SE and Disney didn’t want to have him in the announcement and it is very clear why. We all have to deal with it and we will all likely still enjoy the game. That doesn’t mean people shouldn’t be critical about the people involved in the media they consume.

TheProfessional

Actions have consequences, and like it or not, he's going to be criticized for them just like James Woods has been.

I'm not saying actions like that shouldn't be criticized in general (even though I am of the belief that he didn't do anything, myself).......I'm saying it is more mature to separate those critiques from the work because it has nothing to do with the voice acting for Fred. That's all. To say you all of a sudden prefer another voice over the original just because of alleged allegations is ridiculous, to me at least. But hey, to each their own, I guess. I personally love the guy and can't wait to hear him when the game is released.

Next you're gonna say Billy Cosby should be starring in a new family sitcom from jail.

No, I'm not because that makes no sense.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I'm not saying actions like that shouldn't be criticized in general (even though I am of the belief that he didn't do anything, myself).......I'm saying it is more mature to separate those critiques from the work because it has nothing to do with the voice acting for Fred. That's all. To say you all of a sudden prefer another voice over the original just because of alleged allegations is ridiculous, to me at least. But hey, to each their own, I guess. I personally love the guy and can't wait to hear him when the game is released.

No, I'm not because that makes no sense.

I don't think its more mature to be aware of people's failings and wanting them to have actual consequences for their actions. The consequence here being they just use the other VA they already had for the character. And I mean, "alleged" is sorta a loaded term, statistically the allegations are probably true, unfortunately. Like I assume you are coming at this in a "innocent until proven guilty" sorta way, but this sorta thing happens far too often, and its extremely rare for the allegations to be false.

I'm not happy about that, as I do think he is a good VA. I'm not gonna like boycott the game or anything. Just don't like my money going to people who do crappy things without at least being punished for it. That's why we have a legal system in the first place lol.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Disney is so weird with who they choose to reprise roles, Hayden and Billy can't come back as Kairi and Ansem, Seeker of Darkness, but James Woods and T.J. Miller can as Hades and Fred? I suppose those two Disney characters are heavily affiliated with their voice actors, but that's as far as I can see with the justification of this news.

TheProfessional

I don't think its more mature to be aware of people's failings and wanting them to have actual consequences for their actions. The consequence here being they just use the other VA they already had for the character. And I mean, "alleged" is sorta a loaded term, statistically the allegations are probably true, unfortunately. Like I assume you are coming at this in a "innocent until proven guilty" sorta way, but this sorta thing happens far too often, and its extremely rare for the allegations to be false.

I'm not happy about that, as I do think he is a good VA. I'm not gonna like boycott the game or anything. Just don't like my money going to people who do crappy things without at least being punished for it. That's why we have a legal system in the first place lol.

These things happen too often in the past year mainly and it's mostly all lies. So, yeah, it makes perfect sense to have that innocent until proven guilty mindset. Alleged is the word that very much defines the accusations and most BS accusations out there today. Besides, if he really did it, he'd be like most people who are guilty and leave the internet/industry in silence. It's very mature and important actually, to learn to separate the artist from the work despite their mistakes (again, even though I believe he's a good person). If everyone shunned people for all things in their pasts or all alleged accusations of their pasts, their would be so much more negativity than there already is. It's a damn shame seeing so much of it lately too. Breaks my heart. I, for one, will move forward with continued support for TJ Miller in this game as Fred and all his future endeavors.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Disney is so weird with who they choose to reprise roles, Hayden and Billy can't come back as Kairi and Ansem, Seeker of Darkness, but James Woods and T.J. Miller can as Hades and Fred? I suppose those two Disney characters are heavily affiliated with their voice actors, but that's as far as I can see with the justification of this news.

Its probably like they said before, they offer the Disney roles to the original actors no matter what and these two took it. Billy hasn't been Ansem for ages so that isn't surprising. They recast a ton of the side characters, namely FF, in KH2 so it isn't like he was the only one as well.

The whole Kairi thing is a bit confusing still. It is sorta strange if they decided now of all times to not view Hayden as the main actress even though they jumped at the chance to bring her back for like 2 lines in the handheld titles lol.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

Yeah it doesn’t make much sense, particularly with Hayden. I wonder if the contracts are different for original characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back