• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Utada Hikaru to perform "Chikai" for MUSIC STATION Ultra FES 2018

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

On September 17th, Utada Hikaru will perform Kingdom Hearts 3's theme song "Chikai" for the first time for MUSIC STATION Ultra FES 2018. Utada will also be speaking to MUSIC STATION's host Tamori to reflect on her 20-year music career and also discuss her latest album "Hatsukoi".

MUSIC STATION Ultra FES is an annual music special that airs on TV Asahi's "MUSIC STATION", headlining many of Japan's top musicians and performers with their latest songs.

The full lineup for Ultra FES 2018 will feature the following artists:

Dan Balan / Kimura Kaela / Gekidan Shiki Musical: Cats / Kuraki Mai / Johnny's Musical by Higashiyama Noriyuki, King & Prince, and Johnny's Jr. / Sukima Switch / DA PUMP / TRF / Miyano Maki / B.B.queens / hiro+Fairies / Piko Taro / Hoshino Gen / Matsudaira Ken / YOSHIKI feat. HYDE / RADIO FISH / E-girls / Il Divo / Utada Hikaru / Keala Settle×Tomioka High School Dance Club / Go Hiromi / Golden Bomber / THE RAMPAGE from EXILE TRIBE / SEKAI NO OWARI / Takashima Chisako 12 Violinists / Denki Groove / Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra feat. Sakana-kun & Shiraishi Mai / TWICE / AKB48 / Okinome Yoko / Kyary Pamyu Pamyu / Kiroro / CHEMISTRY / Keyakizaka46 / GENERATIONS from EXILE TRIBE / Suiyoubi no Campanella / Natsukawa Rimi / Nishino Kana / Nigozaka46 / Perfume / BEGIN / Miura Daichi / Miyazawa Kazufumi / Momoiro Clover Z / LiSA / Little Glee Monster / Arashi / A.B.C-Z / KAT-TUN / Kanjani8 / Kis-My-Ft2 / King & Prince / Sandaime J Soul Brothers from EXILE TRIBE / Johnny's WEST / Sexy Zone / Takahashi Yu / NEWS / V6 / Hey! Say! JUMP / Yuzu / WANIMA

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts!

Source: Forum user luuizhenriquemhikki_staff via Twitter, UBLOG via Twitter

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Thank you luuizhenriquem! I knew she was going to perform a song, but they hadn't announced it would be Chikai until I was long asleep last night xD I'm so mad I missed them drop the news because I had been watching the staff account all day waiting to see if the rumors would be true and they were!

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Thank you luuizhenriquem! I knew she was going to perform a song, but they hadn't announced it would be Chikai until I was long asleep last night xD I'm so mad I missed them drop the news because I had been watching the staff account all day waiting to see if the rumors would be true and they were!
good it going to so amazing hearing it live keep doing what you doing utada

Awards

I'm really excited to see the performance!! And sure :)

As it seems we will have 2 performances of Chikai eh? Since they will give us two performances from the upcoming tour on th Playstation VR this winter

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm really excited to see the performance!! And sure :)

As it seems we will have 2 performances of Chikai eh? Since they will give us two performances from the upcoming tour on th Playstation VR this winter

Yeah! This is going to be great. (Speaking on that, I really want to report on the Utada VR thing but I’m so baffled at how it is working. Is it though the KH Experience? Is it a VR Playstaion Live experience? None of the sources I’ve checked out really explain it clearly)

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah! This is going to be great. (Speaking on that, I really want to report on the Utada VR thing but I’m so baffled at how it is working. Is it though the KH Experience? Is it a VR Playstaion Live experience? None of the sources I’ve checked out really explain it clearly)
well the concert starts in november maybe we learn more next month?

Awards

It is confusing to me as well... There's the article on her website but it does not explain it clearly as well
rip.gif

I think more news will come further in the year... Since they are reporting this to winter and winter in Japan only begins at the very end of the year.

They will probably use the concert that will become the DVD and give a VR experience??? Maybe that? lol

I'm sorry for my bad grammar, I truly need to start practicing again lol

Seadrin

Awards
They usually trim songs down when they are performed on Music Station to save time. Not sure if it's the same for Ultra Few? I think it's likely that part of the song won't make the cut.

If anything were to be cut for time, it'd probably be Verse 2 / Chorus 2, since those are the most repetitive portions of the song. The bridge-final chorus is where the song is really at, they probably wouldn't cut it.

Awards
If anything were to be cut for time, it'd probably be Verse 2 / Chorus 2, since those are the most repetitive portions of the song. The bridge-final chorus is where the song is really at, they probably wouldn't cut it.

Nah, I don't think so... When she performed Sakura Nagashi it was the whole song

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back