• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► First Look At Upcoming Funko Kingdom Hearts Series Including Sora, Kairi and More!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

After the leak a few weeks back about new Kingdom Hearts Funko pops in the Gamestop systems, it seems the designs for the Funkos have been revealed during a Funko Funday presentation.

Funkofinders shared the images, thanks to Roxiesfunko, of the Kingdom Hearts merchandise with the caption "Lots of new Disney Mystery Minis revealed during Fundays 2017". The Funday in question took place at San Diego Comic Con. 

The characters shown include:

• Chip & Dale
  • Mickey Mouse, Organization Mickey
  • Donald Duck, Halloween Town Donald, Tron Donald Duck
  • Goofy, Halloween Town Goofy, Tron Goofy
  • Kingdom Hearts II Sora, Halloween Town Sora, Tron Sora
  • Pete
  • Solider & Fat Body Heartless
  • Twilight Town Roxas, Organization XIII Roxas
  • Axel,
  • Kingdom Hearts II Riku, Organization XIII Riku
  • and Kingdom Hearts II Kairi.

Thanks to Disney Dan for the third image, confirming this annoucement at Funko Funday!

Those with good memories would be able to remember that prototypes for Halloween Town Donald and Goofy pops were in development since late April this year.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: Unconfirmed: First Look At Upcoming Funko Kingdom Hearts Series Including Sora, Kairi and More!

IDK much about Funko but Mystery Mini's mean blind bags right? That's a bit disappointing if true.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Re: Unconfirmed: First Look At Upcoming Funko Kingdom Hearts Series Including Sora, Kairi and More!

I want Space Paranoids Sora!!

Chaser said:
IDK much about Funko but Mystery Mini's mean blind bags right? That's a bit disappointing if true.
I hope not. :s But I guess it does sound like it.

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards

Please let this be fake and there be actual real Pops.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

Please let this be fake and there be actual real Pops.
if there actually think those pops will be kh3 funkos

Lonbilly

Awards

It makes more sense for them to be KH2 Pops, actually. KH3 Pops will come out relatively close to KH3's release (if there are gonna be any) to help promote the game. KH1 Pops could be any point in between or after.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards

Everyone but the King looks cute
the King looks terrifying :'D

Squood!

seibah
Awards

excuse me sir I want that Sora one

and the roxas one

and the riku

and the Kairi

Especially the Kairi

the Kairi one looks adorable

kairi

BronyPonyDude

I'm so sick of KH2 merch, where is Xion, Namine, Xehanort, Aqua, Terra, Ventus? There is so many more characters they could do but they only use KH1 and 2 for some reason.

Sonicfan2525

Awards

Afraid so. Funko Mystery Minis are blind box figures. Because it looks like there are so many figures in this series, some of them will probably also be retailer exclusive and harder to get (those Halloween Town figures are probably going to be exclusive to Hot Topic blind boxes for example). I would know because i've spent an unhealthy amount of money on these things in the past, like the Steven Universe mystery minis. Hopefully Funko will make a blog post recapping and giving clarification on all of their Comic-Con announcements once the con is over.

Really looking forward to going almost broke trying to get all of these because I NEED THEM.

Last edited:

Lonbilly

Awards

I'm so sick of KH2 merch, where is Xion, Namine, Xehanort, Aqua, Terra, Ventus? There is so many more characters they could do but they only use KH1 and 2 for some reason.

They're the most marketable. MDG, SRK, Roxas, Axel, Cloud, Sephiroth, and the Disney villains are usually the choices because they are the most recognizable for KH, Disney and FF. Tbh, there's not a huge amount of KH merchandise like this that comes out, but if things like these were to sell enough, you'd definitely see a second series or set or lineup with the other non-featured characters, as well as variants of the already popular characters. Buying merch, especially Pops, from any fandom has more or else taught me this.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Disney Dan sent me another angle of the picture. I am assuming he took it and have added it to the OP. I am treating this as the real deal now.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Some info for peeps who hate blind boxes: the blind box cases have specific layouts and weights. So once they're out, we should be able to help you collect them all!

Sonicfan2525

Awards
Some info for peeps who hate blind boxes: the blind box cases have specific layouts and weights. So once they're out, we should be able to help you collect them all!

I don't know if this has changed or not, but some of the newer blind boxes don't have certain layouts in their cases. I think Funko caught on that people were figuring out specific layouts and mixed up some of their newer waves a bit. However this may have changed.

Regardless, the one good thing about blind box figures is that typically if you don't get the figure that you want, you can trade with someone else or sell them. A lot of the time people buy the boxes and put the figures up on eBay for a little above retail too, so the whole "random mystery" aspect of these boxes can be easy to get around.

Soldier

Awards
They're just small figures in blind boxes? dang it! and of course they have a soldier heartless for sale, great!.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Yeah, I never buy the mini’s. But this gives me hope most of these will be turned into regular-sized pops at some point in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back