• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Utada Hikaru releases "Oozora de Dakishimete" today, "Forevermore" 7/28

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Utada Hikaru has released a brand new single today called "大空で抱きしめて (Oozora de Dakishimete)," featured in the Suntory Natural Mineral Water advertisement. "Forevermore," her second single from TBS’s Nichiyou Gekijou drama series, Gomen, Aishiteru (I’m Sorry, I Love You), will release on July 28th 2017. 

"Oozora de Dakishimete" is currently holding strong at the #1 spot on iTunes Japan's song ranking list

Fans in the United States can purchase "Oozora de Dakishimete" from iTunes and Google Play. Listen to samples of "Oozora de Dakishimete" and "Forevermore" on the official Utada Hikaru website.

Back in FebruaryUtada Hikaru announced through her official website that she was moving to Sony Music Labels following the expiration of her contract with Universal Music Japan. Utada's final album with Universal Music Japan was her 6th Japanese studio album titled Fantôme, which released last year in September. 

Late last year, Utada's father and manager Utada Teruzane had briefly mentioned on Twitter that Utada would be returning to work on the theme song for KINGDOM HEARTS III, but amended his statement a day later stating that while they are eager to do it, nothing had been made official as of that time.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union X[cross], Kingdom Hearts 3, and all things related to Kingdom Hearts

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
how the songs master spockanort and i could a new kh3 debut at d23

My super brief iTunes review:

大空で抱きしめて (Oozora de Dakishimete) carries a similar poppy essence that her Utada's 2001 album DISTANCE had while carrying the same melodic maturity present in her 2016 album Fantôme.

Utada continues to evolve beautifully while still throwing back to her past sound, making this a single all Utada fans should listen to.

Xagzan

Awards
Time to speculate which one will be used for KH3 :smile:

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Just had a blast of a time with "Oozora" and a bag of Chocorooms. Happy tears on the second run naturally. I love playful genre-throwback Utada. <3

I need more of "Forevermore." I need more of this album's ENERGY. I thought I wasn't ready for a follow-up to Fantome but I am so so ready for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back